Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:41:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 79
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 140583 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »

Had so much fun at the DPG State Convention today!

The highlight was the crowd chanting "Lock Him Up!" when Hank Johnson gave his speech and talked about Cohen naming Trump as a co-conspirator. He said "Something big is about to go down and his name is Donald Trump".

Lucy McBath and Carolyn Bourdeaux gave good speeches. So did Josh McCall, but my favorite was Francys Johnson. He is a natural with the mic and an audience to rile up.

Charlie Bailey is much more personable than I thought he was.

Of course Stacey Abrams brought down the house, but so did Sarah Riggs Amico. God I hope Abrams's potential coattails can carry Amico over the finish line. I have already designated Amico to be elected Governor after Abrams serves her two terms. Cheesy

Abrams debuted this clip at the convention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8fMzlHMK8&feature=youtu.be
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »

There's no reason to. There will be far more whites voting for Stacey Abrams than black voters choosing Brian Kemp.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »

The highlight was the crowd chanting "Lock Him Up!" when Hank Johnson gave his speech and talked about Cohen naming Trump as a co-conspirator. He said "Something big is about to go down and his name is Donald Trump".

Lucy McBath and Carolyn Bourdeaux gave good speeches. So did Josh McCall, but my favorite was Francys Johnson. He is a natural with the mic and an audience to rile up.

Of course Stacey Abrams brought down the house, but so did Sarah Riggs Amico. God I hope Abrams's potential coattails can carry Amico over the finish line. I have already designated Amico to be elected Governor after Abrams serves her two terms. Cheesy

Abrams debuted this clip at the convention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O8fMzlHMK8&feature=youtu.be
Now that's an AD!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2018, 11:32:02 PM »

Half a term. I bet Abrams, if she wins, will be the Democrats Vice Presidential nominee in 2020 (unless the top of ticket nominee is Harris or Booker).
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2018, 11:45:04 PM »

Half a term. I bet Abrams, if she wins, will be the Democrats Vice Presidential nominee in 2020 (unless the top of ticket nominee is Harris or Booker).
No way in hell.  Dems need that seat for purposes of redistricting in the 2020s.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2018, 11:51:32 PM »

Wow what a video. Incredible stuff.

And yeah, Francys Johnson is a pretty cool dude. I have heard him speak before at UGA and he seemed like a smart & funny man.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2018, 11:56:11 PM »

No way in hell.  Dems need that seat for purposes of redistricting in the 2020s.

I wouldn't be stunned if Abrams dragged Sarah Riggs Amico over the line, honestly.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2018, 06:23:48 AM »

That they dislike the current Republican machine in Georgia politics?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2018, 11:41:11 AM »

^^^ This, I believe, is why Abrams herself is - as the AJC put it - "making a beeline for GOP territory" (including some very hostile turf). Let the field organizers and volunteers hammer away at the urban clusters - it's needed - but without serious gains elsewhere, it's a plurality instead of a majority. It's also probably why places like Dalton and Rome are suddenly getting paid staff in them.

Seems like she’s taking a lot from Cooper’s win. It’s very smart of her too. She’s gonna win Cobb and Gwinnett at this point, she needs to cut into the margins in the rural white areas
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »

Do you guys think Isakson will resign if Abrams wins? If so, who do you think Deal appoints to replace him? He’s so sick that I really don’t think he’ll be able to serve out the entirety of his term.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2018, 02:03:30 PM »

Do you guys think Isakson will resign if Abrams wins? If so, who do you think Deal appoints to replace him? He’s so sick that I really don’t think he’ll be able to serve out the entirety of his term.

Is he really that ill?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »

It is possible Democrats could win:

GA Governor-Stacey Abrams
GA Lt. Governor-Sarah Riggs Amico
GA Secretary of State-John Barrow, white moderate Democrat

http://www.barrowforgeorgia.com/

Rise of the New South Democrats post-Blue Dog era?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »

Is he really that ill?

He has Parkinson’s and was diagnosed 3.5 years or so ago. The lifespan after diagnosis is 5-10 years and once it progresses you really start to suffer. I think he’s doing better at the current moment than he has been but I could see both he and Deal not wanting to run the risk of him not being able to serve for another four years and have Abrams appoint someone
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »

Same reason why the white vote voted for Obama, to make america great again, but not the way Trump does it, by removing safety nets to help individuals, use government regulations to help the poor.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »

It is possible Democrats could win:

GA Governor-Stacey Abrams
GA Lt. Governor-Sarah Riggs Amico
GA Secretary of State-John Barrow, white moderate Democrat

http://www.barrowforgeorgia.com/

Rise of the New South Democrats post-Blue Dog era?

The odds are against all of them winning, but it's not implausible.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2018, 02:17:54 PM »

Could Georgia Democrats win control of the Georgia Legislature?

Is there any good rural Democrats that could win seats?

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »

Is he really that ill?

He has Parkinson’s and was diagnosed 3.5 years or so ago. The lifespan after diagnosis is 5-10 years and once it progresses you really start to suffer. I think he’s doing better at the current moment than he has been but I could see both he and Deal not wanting to run the risk of him not being able to serve for another four years and have Abrams appoint someone

A Gov. Abrams could appoint Teresa Tomlinson or maybe Judge Glenda Hatchett. If she wants to pick a white male to appeal to the suburbs and rural areas, maybe Jim Marshall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenda_Hatchett
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »

Could Georgia Democrats win control of the Georgia Legislature?

Is there any good rural Democrats that could win seats?

Both houses have almost 2-1 Republican majorities.  There is zero chance of flipping either chamber, although I expect the Democrats will make gains in both.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »

Why has no one disciplined bronz, yet?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2018, 03:12:24 PM »

Why has no one disciplined bronz, yet?

I'm a commentator just like you, I am not doing anything wrong.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2018, 03:44:08 PM »

Is he really that ill?

A Gov. Abrams could appoint Teresa Tomlinson or maybe Judge Glenda Hatchett. If she wants to pick a white male to appeal to the suburbs and rural areas, maybe Jim Marshall.

Tomlinson has already more or less confirmed she’s running for Perdue’s seat that’s up in 2020 so idt it would be her
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2018, 04:07:37 PM »

Is he really that ill?

Tomlinson has already more or less confirmed she’s running for Perdue’s seat that’s up in 2020 so idt it would be her

I would think GA Dems would really want Yates to run in 2020.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »

Is he really that ill?

I would think GA Dems would really want Yates to run in 2020.

I think they want her to run but she doesn’t want to run. They could eventually end up talking her into it tho. She’s probably hands down the best D they could recruit
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2018, 04:13:17 PM »

Barrow may win the most white voters out of Abrams and the Lt Gov.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2018, 09:35:58 PM »

They’re a self hating white (e.g. BRTD)

I don't think BRTDs exist in Georgia.

Uh...are you familiar with Atlanta at all? Or even Athens.

Addendum: BaconKing said he once had a girlfriend who literally prayed over a bag of weed "thanking God for the blessings" before smoking it. so yeah.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies