Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:24:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 79
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 142772 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: November 03, 2018, 11:04:29 AM »

Is AM Joy live from Atlanta? Damn. I should have recorded it.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #951 on: November 03, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »

Is AM Joy live from Atlanta? Damn. I should have recorded it.

It is, and the interview with the Kemp supporter was in Peachtree Corners (Gwinnett County bordering Fulton).
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #952 on: November 03, 2018, 11:09:35 AM »

Did anyone see the interview with a Kemp supporter on MSNBC just now? It was ridiculous.

Nope.  Details?
It was a middle aged White lady. She was being interviewed by Katy Tur.

Katy asked her if she was concerned about voter suppression and the fact that 70% of the people targeted were Black. She said that she didn't believe that Kemp was targeting anyone. She also said that if the 70% number is true then maybe it's because "Black people can't follow instructions".

Katy then asked her about how she feels about celebrities like Oprah coming to Georgia to campaign for Stacey. She said that Oprah is "from Chicago" (Oprah is from Mississippi just like Stacey Abrams) and that Oprah should instead focus on the problems in Chicago.

It was unbelievable.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #953 on: November 03, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »

Did anyone see the interview with a Kemp supporter on MSNBC just now? It was ridiculous.

Nope.  Details?

Katy asked her if she was concerned about voter suppression and the fact that 70% of the people targeted were Black. She said that she didn't believe that Kemp was targeting anyone. She also said that if the 70% number is true then maybe it's because "Black people can't follow instructions".

Katy then asked her about how she feels about celebrities like Oprah coming to Georgia to campaign for Stacey. She said that Oprah is "from Chicago" (Oprah is from Mississippi just like Stacey Abrams) and that Oprah should instead focus on the problems in Chicago.

It was unbelievable.

Reminds me of “the Blacks all live on one street in Chicago and they all kill each other.”
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #954 on: November 03, 2018, 12:10:49 PM »

Nope.  Details?

It was unbelievable.

Oprah owns a house in Atlanta too. I think she got her start in the media market too
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #955 on: November 03, 2018, 03:26:13 PM »

Abrams, Oprah targeted by racist robocall funded by white supremacist group

Same group that did the racist robocall against Gillum in Florida.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #956 on: November 03, 2018, 04:27:28 PM »

Neither Kemp or Abrams are good candidates, but some people may hold their nose and vote for Abrams.

I'm sure some apathetic black voters are probably being bullied and coerced to vote for Abrams, assuming every black person is a Democrat.

Abrams will win 90%-98% of the black vote, she will receive 20% of the white vote or less, but Latino voters look like a tossup.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #957 on: November 03, 2018, 04:29:56 PM »

Neither Kemp or Abrams are good candidates, but some people may hold their nose and vote for Abrams.

I'm sure some apathetic black voters are probably being bullied and coerced to vote for Abrams, assuming every black person is a Democrat.

Abrams will win 90%-98% of the black vote, she will receive 20% of the white vote or less, but Latino voters look like a tossup.

They don't need to be bullied or "coerced" into voting that way. They vote like that in almost every election.

What exactly is the point of your post? To point out that AAs vote as a bloc, something everyone already knows because its been happening for generations?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #958 on: November 03, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

This might be the stupidest thing I have seen posted today. If she isn't even getting 20% of the white vote and is only tied with Latinos, she would be losing by double digits.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #959 on: November 03, 2018, 06:03:12 PM »

Bronz whatever you're on can I have some?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #960 on: November 03, 2018, 07:58:48 PM »

What makes you more qualified to even comment on this race, considering that you're brazenly contradicting those of us who have been actively canvassing and phonebanking for months and have seen the unprecedented excitement firsthand?

I can't even remember how many white people I've talked to have admitted this was "the first time in their lives" they weren't voting Republican (or, for older folks, "the first time since the Good Old DaysTM")
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #961 on: November 03, 2018, 09:02:25 PM »

Yes, I know most AAs vote as a bloc, but not all black Americans are monolithic.

Kemp however has been hostile to black votes, but the black pastors could still be swayed.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #962 on: November 03, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »

Yes, I know most AAs vote as a bloc, but not all black Americans are monolithic.

Kemp however has been hostile to black votes, but the black pastors could still be swayed.
Black pastors are going to be swayed to vote for the guy that wants to silence their votes versus the daughter of two Christian pastors?!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #963 on: November 03, 2018, 09:31:10 PM »

He is sh-t posting. Nothing he says makes sense.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #964 on: November 03, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »

I'm surprised you guys still have a well known troll on visible.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #965 on: November 03, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »

You can always find some shady person to pay off and support Republicans. Like Pastor Darrell Scott  who went to the White House kissing Trump's butt. Scott said he spoke to some of the "Top Gang Thugs" in Chicago and that they said they respect Trump and were gonna work with him to "lower that body count". Only to admit it was a total lie and he didn't talk to anybody.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #966 on: November 03, 2018, 09:40:06 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2018, 09:43:18 PM by dotard »

I finally got around to watching the AM Joy  segments (I was canvassing this morning) and I gotta say, I love seeing Abrams and Tomlinson together. Hopefully we’ll see more of them together soon if you’re picking up what I’m putting down
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #967 on: November 03, 2018, 10:20:20 PM »

Bronz whatever you're on can I have some?

Yes, I second the motion...

I live in a State where I can drive a few miles down the road to a local pharmacy for a special Holiday to pick up some really good stuff in the "Grass Seed Capitol of Oregon", but since I don't have a Medi Card, since I do not have any such medical conditions, it would be extremely interesting to experience whatever bag or brownies that Bronze is not only holding, but apparently bogarting as well.

Now I'm extremely curious about what Bronz knows about the "Latino vote in GA", not to mention how he didn't even mention a larger chunk of the electorate "Asian-American Voters in GA".....

In the words of Fraternity of Band's song from the late '60s made famous in the soundtrack of the Movie "Easy Rider": "Don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me....."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternity_of_Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N0IjBgyFoE
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #968 on: November 04, 2018, 07:43:46 AM »

Alrighty, so here are the "final" EV figures by county in comparison to the total 2014 gubernatorial vote. Statewide, the figure is 81.3% (2,073,320/2,550,216).

Two maps below that show the same thing basically: one showing the percentage for each county, and one (with red & green) showing if the county is above or below the 81.3% statewide total.

2018 EV As % of 2014 Total Vote
2018 EV As % of 2014 Total Vote (Above/Below Statewide Avg)

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #969 on: November 04, 2018, 08:53:56 AM »

I got a pro-Kemp flyer from the NRA in yesterday's mail with the banner "Michael Bloomberg and George Soros are coming for your guns!" with both their pictures.  Seriously.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: November 04, 2018, 10:10:58 AM »

THIS MAN IS OUT OF CONTROL

Kemp’s office investigates Georgia Democrats after alleged hacking attempt

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Statement from the ED of the DPG:

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #971 on: November 04, 2018, 10:18:22 AM »

At this point, I might actually hate Brian Kemp as much as I hate Kris Kobach.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #972 on: November 04, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »

BTW, I found the poll that I posted yesterday on the polling subforum; some interesting data-points in it. It's a Democratic internal essentially, but I would love it if at minimum, the difference between top of the ticket and downballot was this minimal; you could have a near total flip of statewide offices in the event of a Abrams majority win. It also seems to reaffirm my belief that Barrow will perform the best of all candidates:

Finally found the poll (linked in OP).

Some nuggets from it:

They also polled downballot:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: November 04, 2018, 10:53:46 AM »

The downballot numbers kinda make me think the poll is too good to be true

Just from the Abrams figures yesterday I was skeptical, but yeah: historically there has been a larger difference between top-ticket and down-ballot races (and furthermore, as more non-black, non-white voters participate, that gap is likely to increase due to them falling off after the top of the ticket more often than whites or blacks).

It is a poll conducted by a former ED of the DPG, and was commissioned by a group led by a former YDG/YDA executive and another guy who started Better Georgia, so it's about as much of an internal as you can get without being directly commissioned by a campaign.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #974 on: November 04, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »

Anybody who watches ATL media market TV: is this ad running, or is it just online only? Really hoping NGP is blasting the airwaves with this one.

https://www.facebook.com/ngpaction/videos/2228649547147505/
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies