Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:55:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 143276 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 16, 2018, 01:01:51 PM »

This might sound surprising to some on Atlas, but no one, especially the voters, cares about "optics". If Abrams were to drag this out to December of 2019, the voters would still forget after a month. It also doesnt help how everyone is complaining for Abrams to concede when a good 20 members of the House of Reps have still not conceded their races and have called the result a fraud.
They wouldn't forget by December 4th, when the runoff for other races is.

Ok? Does it even matter? I really doubt Democratic voters are not going to show up for Barrow because Abrams is challenging the results. Even for Republicans, what kind of a motivator is that? Abrams is challenging the results, so go vote for this different candidate?

This doesnt fit at all with a voter rational.
InheritTheWind

« Reply #1326 on: November 16, 2018, 04:27:38 PM »

You’d think Donald Trump being president and Republicans moaning nationwide about elections being stolen from them by the ((deep state)) would indicate that optics doesn’t matter at all anymore.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1327 on: November 16, 2018, 05:23:32 PM »

The end.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1328 on: November 16, 2018, 05:27:12 PM »

anybody know how badly dems curbstomped rs at the county level in Gwinnett and Cobb.? Gives us a bench in GA-07 if Bordeaux loses.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1329 on: November 16, 2018, 05:30:23 PM »

The end.
Good, now we just need Gillum and Nelson to stop throwing temper tantrums and concede as well
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1330 on: November 16, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »

The end.
Good, now we just need Gillum and Nelson to stop throwing temper tantrums and concede as well

That still doesn't seem to be a formal concession from Abrams.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1331 on: November 16, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »

The end.

She stated that she wasn't conceding while acknowledging Kemp would win, and she said she would sue.

For all intents and purposes regarding the race, at least, it's over.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1332 on: November 16, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »

And now all eyes shift to Barrow
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1333 on: November 16, 2018, 05:55:21 PM »

Hard to win with one arm tied behind your back by the decendents of Jim Crow.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1334 on: November 16, 2018, 05:57:21 PM »

The end.
Asking for every vote to be counted is not a temper tantrum. If Scott and DeSantis won it will be clear soon enough.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1335 on: November 16, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »

The end.

She stated that she wasn't conceding while acknowledging Kemp would win, and she said she would sue.

For all intents and purposes regarding the race, at least, it's over.

At least Abrams has acknowledged that she has lost the election. However, her refusal to concede comes off as a graceless move to me. Yes, I understand the concerns over voter suppression and the like, but this is just going to leave a poisonous atmosphere in the state going forward.

I think Barrow will lose by a narrow margin. As I said, Georgia isn't ready to flip at a statewide level yet. Maybe in 2 or 4 more years.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1336 on: November 16, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »

anybody know how badly dems curbstomped rs at the county level in Gwinnett and Cobb.? Gives us a bench in GA-07 if Bordeaux loses.

Gwinnett here

Both County Commission Seats flipped Dem at a 55-44 margin in Gwinnett

Cobb Here

County Commission Seat 1 was uncontested R, Seat 3 was 51.46 (R)-48.41 (D).
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1337 on: November 16, 2018, 06:32:21 PM »

The end.
Asking for every vote to be counted is not a temper tantrum. If Scott and DeSantis won it will be clear soon enough.
That's bs and everyone knows it. All the votes have been counted and recounted, and now we're having yet another recount
Thatkat04
« Reply #1338 on: November 16, 2018, 06:34:38 PM »

Kemp is a national disgrace.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1339 on: November 16, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »

The end.
That's bs and everyone knows it. All the votes have been counted and recounted, and now we're having yet another recount
If it was reversed you’d be encouraging Republicans to fight and do the same thing. So I don’t even want to hear it. They won and will be certified the winner at some point. Calm down.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1340 on: November 16, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2018, 06:46:30 PM by Alabama_Indy10 »

I’m just glad the love fest around here can finally end.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1341 on: November 16, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »

The end.
If it was reversed you’d be encouraging Republicans to fight and do the same thing. So I don’t even want to hear it. They won and will be certified the winner at some point. Calm down.
We really shouldn't be encouraging people to cost the state thousand, if not millions, of dollars on hopeless recounts and bs legal chicanery. If nothing else, states should require sore-loser candidates to foot the bill for the recounts and court costs for their lawsuits
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1342 on: November 16, 2018, 06:49:26 PM »

Towards Abrams? I would guess so. Her behavior during this debacle has lowered my opinion of her. Of course, I don't like Kemp either. Hopefully someone better than both of them can run and win the gubernatorial election in 2022 or 2026.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1343 on: November 16, 2018, 06:52:32 PM »

Hard to call Georgia a democracy.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1344 on: November 16, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »

Why does people liking a candidate bother you?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1345 on: November 16, 2018, 07:01:59 PM »

It’s not liking them that bothers me. It’s the obsession that many people seemed to have. The earlier pages of this thread are much worse.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1346 on: November 16, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »

It’s not liking them that bothers me. It’s the obsession that many people seemed to have. The earlier pages of this thread are much worse.
I think it's the historic nature of her candidacy.  Plus, she had a very likable charm.  The fact that she was scandal-free, unlike the man running for governor directly to her south, was also a positive for her.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1347 on: November 16, 2018, 07:08:10 PM »

This race rubs me the wrong way because the Republicans engaged in voter suppression.

That being said, Abrams seems like an entitled person. When she first announced, a bunch of national orgs came in and endorsed her right away, and when her primary opponent tried to speak at DKos they were shouted down with racial appeals. Then she got a ton of media hype, including a TIME cover. Now that she has lost (and that was clear on election night), she has dragged it out and is refusing to really concede, basically acting like the sorest loser ever.

Compare that to someone like Lucy McBath, who actually has a heartwrenching personal story and took a brave stance, and redeemed a Democratic humiliation from 2017, all with far less hype. I'd much rather see McBath run for Governor in 2022 than Abrams.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1348 on: November 16, 2018, 07:16:42 PM »

This race rubs me the wrong way because the Republicans engaged in voter suppression.

That being said, Abrams seems like an entitled person. When she first announced, a bunch of national orgs came in and endorsed her right away, and when her primary opponent tried to speak at DKos they were shouted down with racial appeals. Then she got a ton of media hype, including a TIME cover. Now that she has lost (and that was clear on election night), she has dragged it out and is refusing to really concede, basically acting like the sorest loser ever.

Compare that to someone like Lucy McBath, who actually has a heartwrenching personal story and took a brave stance, and redeemed a Democratic humiliation from 2017, all with far less hype. I'd much rather see McBath run for Governor in 2022 than Abrams.
It seems like this election cycle, all the "right" Democrats, such as Abrams, Cordray, Gillum, and O'Rourke lost, while some of the more "meh" Democrats, like Evers, Kelly, and Mills, won.
Buzz

« Reply #1349 on: November 16, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »

Congrats to Governor Kemp!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies