Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill  (Read 18193 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« on: October 10, 2005, 02:42:48 PM »

I urge all Senators to pass this.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 12:08:11 PM »

Pulling away farm subsidies would cause millions of deaths?  We're talking about Atlasia, not some third world country.  I don't see the point in wasting billions of dollars on what is nothing more than paying farmers to be idle.  We don't have problems with famine in Atlasia, so bringing that up is basically irrelevant.  Looking at developed nations, however, is a good model; as I said about New Zealand earlier, it relied on Agriculture much more than we do and the abolition of farm subsidies there was nothing but positive.

Did you listen to anything I said?

First off, my comments about the possibility of crop failure were valid, because lack of genetic diversity.

Second, I was talking about the Third World when I made the comments about ending farm subsidies causing millions of deaths, because the Third World relies on the excess output that our farms produce.

Um, excuse me for sounding ignorant, this debate has quickly escalated into mass confusion for me Tongue  But, um, why should we pay Farmers not to grow things when the world relies in our excess output?  Again, please forgive me if this is a stupid question, I not the most knowledgable guy on this stuff.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:05:27 PM »

Do you say that in RL? Cheesy  Because I do, and everybody in my “southern” household looks at me strange Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 06:32:21 AM »

Do you say that in RL? Cheesy  Because I do, and everybody in my “southern” household looks at me strange Tongue

No, not really. I got that from my brother, who got it from spending almost 5 years living in the Midwest.

My dad keeps telling me that it's a Midwestern thing, but I don't know where I got it Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 04:36:11 PM »

I’d really rather abolition all farm subsidies, but if we have to keep it for the small farms in order for this to pass, at least it’s still a vast improvement.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 06:25:03 PM »

Well this is the proposal that Al and I have crafted.  Any comments?

Yeah, can’t we just get rid of it all? Wink

P.S. This is a joke, this is only a joke.  In the event of a real statement from me, you will be advised to PANIC!!!
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 06:30:48 PM »

A comment? Ok I have one for you.............I'll be voting for it. Tongue

NOOO!!!  Vote to get rid of all Farm subsidies! Cry

Okay, I understand if you want to keep some, (not that I’m happy about it, but I do understand.)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 09:12:45 PM »

Come on: Ebowed, Daniel, change your vote to nay!

Take a firm stance against all Farm Subsidies! Cheesy
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 09:45:46 PM »

Yay!  Now change your vote, Daniel, and we'll be tied!
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 11:49:35 AM »

That attitude has caused nothing but trouble. We're supposed to be legislators not soundbite generators.

I’m not asking them to be unreasonable, but it is obvious that Ebowed and DanielX don’t like this amendment very much at all, and neither do I.  I was just asking them to stand in opposition of it, instead of abstaining on it.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 08:09:50 AM »

Just to be snarky, I'll change my vote to Nay.

Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies