Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:24:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Farm Subsidies Abolition Bill  (Read 18202 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« on: October 10, 2005, 05:10:56 PM »

then rewrite the law to make it so that only family farms can get the aid

How would you suggest that such an idea be worded?  What is the requirement or the definition for being a "family" farm(er)?

I might be willing to work with you here.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:06:02 AM »

In the interests of honesty and full disclosure, this is the PM I sent to Senator Al, regarding the subject.

Honestly, the strident back-and-forth in these subsequent pages became very tiresome to me, so I skipped ahead.  So could you please tell me: what exactly is it that you want, Mr. Secretary?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 01:27:56 AM »

In the interests of honesty and full disclosure, this is the PM I sent to Senator Al, regarding the subject.

Honestly, the strident back-and-forth in these subsequent pages became very tiresome to me, so I skipped ahead.  So could you please tell me: what exactly is it that you want, Mr. Secretary?

It is pretty well summed up in those pages.  I want to eliminate funding that goes to "mega-farms" while preserving the funding that goes to small family farms.  In so doing, we could cut about 75% (at least) of the ttal funding.

I think we can also take a small portion of the money and use it to educate Third World farmers in better farming techniques and, in so doing, we could eliminate thier dependencey on us and help out their economies.

I see no reason why I shouldn't support this.

Propose something along these lines and I'll introduce an amendment, or Senator Al can if he wishes to.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 11:00:18 PM »

Do you have the votes to pass an outright repeal, or do you have to go with "compromise" nonsense?

I don't know that it would necessarily be a compromise.  Some believe that eliminating corporate subsidies but keeping some basic support for individual and family farms might actually be the best way to go.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 06:41:21 PM »

Yes: How would the "Third World Agricultural Independency Agency" help Atlasia?
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 09:40:19 PM »

Nay
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 10:19:29 PM »

As a testament to my UNREASONABLENESS:

I change my vote to Aye.

This is due to my careful reconsidering of the issues at hand (it was specifically the foreign aid portion that concerned me) and is not the product of these attempts at guilting the several Senators.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 02:15:05 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies