Restaurant in Cologne bans those under fourteen from eating there
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Restaurant in Cologne bans those under fourteen from eating there
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Restaurant in Cologne bans those under fourteen from eating there  (Read 817 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »
« edited: August 20, 2018, 11:37:34 PM by NewYorkExpress »

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/08/19/german-restaurant-issues-child-ban-blames-parents-who-cannot-control-their-kids.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Any Germany experts that would be able to tell me if there is a law that would allow him to do this?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »

Wonderful idea!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »

Who care.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 06:27:59 PM »

People who have children under fourteen and live in Cologne, Germany?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »

they should be able to if they want to.  Maybe it's a problem if every place that sells food is like that for a given area, but otherwise, I don't see a problem here.  Kids are loud and destructive a disturbingly high percentage of the time.  The stereotype (like many stereotypes) is real.  I enjoy places that have zero tolerance for bull sh**t.

this is not uncommon in the US.
EPG
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 09:18:50 PM »

Normal attitude to kids for Germany.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:25:54 AM »

I don't think so. Germany is relatively child-friendly at least compared to my own country. At the same time, this seems like an understandable move to me. Children in restaurants are a big cause of annoyance. If your children can't behave themselves, don't take them to a restaurant.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:34:03 AM »

Does NewYorkExpress know restaurants in his own neighborhood are like this?  cite
it's weird to bitch about something happening many thousands of miles away in a different country when that exact same thing is common place where the bitchee lives.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 12:03:05 PM »

Does NewYorkExpress know restaurants in his own neighborhood are like this?  cite
it's weird to bitch about something happening many thousands of miles away in a different country when that exact same thing is common place where the bitchee lives.

No, actually I didn't, and I personally believe a restaurant should serve whoever can afford to pay the bill.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »

No, actually I didn't, and I personally believe a restaurant should serve whoever can afford to pay the bill.
Is the reason you're so anti-child discrimination because you yourself would be affected by such a ban?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 02:44:26 PM »

Is the reason you're so anti-child discrimination because you yourself would be affected by such a ban?

If you bothered to look at my profile, you'd know that I'm twenty-five years old.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 02:45:38 PM »

If you bothered to look at my profile, you'd know that I'm twenty-five years old.
I wasn't and still am entirely unconvinced about that.
EPG
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 07:24:48 AM »

I don't think so. Germany is relatively child-friendly at least compared to my own country. At the same time, this seems like an understandable move to me. Children in restaurants are a big cause of annoyance. If your children can't behave themselves, don't take them to a restaurant.

After observing attitudes to children in Germany for some time, I feel it is normal.
Children are seen as optional to society there. The big difference with many other countries is that non-children-havers are so intolerant of children, including in restaurants.
Kids talk and cry. It's sad that people are annoyed by this
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 08:39:43 AM »

After observing attitudes to children in Germany for some time, I feel it is normal.
Children are seen as optional to society there. The big difference with many other countries is that non-children-havers are so intolerant of children, including in restaurants.
Kids talk and cry. It's sad that people are annoyed by this
indeed, it is sad, but thankfully easily avoided if places like this are allowed to exist.  You're right, kids talk and cry (and scream and drool and throw things) and some people want to go out to eat and not have to put up with it.  Some places want to make money off of those people over and over, so they ban kids.  People with kids are NOT being prevented from going out to eat, there are still hundreds of options for you.  I know a lot of people with young kids enjoy spreading their misery around as much as they can (I did), but that doesn't mean private businesses (and their customers) should be forced to put up with it.
EPG
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 12:03:31 PM »

Sure. My point is not to ban restaurants doing anything. Just that it is sad that people have anti-kid preferences.
It's at least hypocritical unless one was extremely repressed
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies