WI- Marquette Polling: Tie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:27:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI- Marquette Polling: Tie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI- Marquette Polling: Tie  (Read 5332 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« on: August 22, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »

PPP: Evers +5
Marist: Evers + 13
Emerson: Evers +7
Marquette: Tie

Blue Avatars: LOL Evers is done!

Remember the Johnson race.  He was behind in every poll except 3 Survey Monkey polls in the last 10 days.

Let’s be logical about what is driving GOP enthusiasm in Wisconsin.  In good part it is Walker.  The base is very loyal to him.  He got a large personal vote in the primary.  Because of the stupid recall the base views him as a hero fighting government union bosses and leftist crazies.  This enthusiasm will assist other GOP candidate.   Trump and the booming economy also probably play a part.

You lefties maybe making the same mistake with your unrelenting attacks on Trump.  We shall see.

Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 09:03:50 PM »

PPP conducted gubernatorial polls this year in Wisconsin May 9-10, August 15-16, and September 4-5.  it ran one of those Protect Our Care polls March 15-16 in the Senate race.  It showed Baldwin leading 51% to 39%

As you all know Marquette University in its poll conducted June 13-17, showed Baldwin leading 49% to 40%.  Then it conducted a poll August 15-19, showing Baldwin leading 49% to 47% among 601 LV and leading 51% to 43% among 800 RV.

In 2016 PPP conducted an August poll in the Senate race. 

My question is:  WHERE IS PPP in the Senate race?
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:11:07 PM »

Stop skewing the polls.

It is my understanding that discrepancies such as the correct proportion of voters in places like the City of Milwaukee are actually taken into account. How I do not know.   

Is this Marquette poll an outlier.  I said earlier quite possibly.   But you have to remember the Marquette Poll was the one that most accurately pegged the trend to Johnson in 2016..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies