WI- Marquette Polling: Tie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:04:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI- Marquette Polling: Tie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI- Marquette Polling: Tie  (Read 5264 times)
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« on: August 22, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »

Marquette is obviously an outlier up to now, but they are also more respected. MU was among the first to show RoJo pulling ahead of the dearly departed, flawless god of campaign finance law, Russel Dana Feingold. They're a good pollster and to dismiss this poll because it's not what you want to see is the definition of ostriching.

There's a chance (obviously) that Walker hangs on, but at the moment, Evers seems to have a lead between 2 and 5 points. His lead could grow. It could evaporate. Toss up with a slight D tilt is appropriate here.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »

Marquette is obviously an outlier up to now, but they are also more respected. MU was among the first to show RoJo pulling ahead of the dearly departed, flawless god of campaign finance law, Russel Dana Feingold. They're a good pollster and to dismiss this poll because it's not what you want to see is the definition of ostriching.

There's a chance (obviously) that Walker hangs on, but at the moment, Evers seems to have a lead between 2 and 5 points. His lead could grow. It could evaporate. Toss up with a slight D tilt is appropriate here.

If Marquette is an Outlier the NBC/Marist is an even bigger one.
A) I never claimed Marist wasn't an outlier. It is.

B) I don't particularly feel like doing a weighted average based on sample size, but based on these numbers
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The simple polling average is Evers +6.25.  Marist is off by 6¾%, while MU is off by the aforementioned 6¼%. I fail to see the benefit of splitting hairs over a half of a percent on polls in August.

And I lean more towards trusting MU anyways, FTR. They have a better Wisconsin track record, they know the State and were generally the most accurate in the last cycle. Which is why I guestimated that Evers is up by less than the simple polling average of the last 4 publicly released polls.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies