WI-Gov: Doyle leads Walker and Green.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:04:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-Gov: Doyle leads Walker and Green.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-Gov: Doyle leads Walker and Green.  (Read 1397 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:29:29 AM »

Wisconsin Policy Research Insitute:

Doyle:  50%
Walker:  31%
Undecided:  19%

Doyle:  46%
Green:  33%
Undecided:  21%

Poll also noted that Thommy Thompson and Herb Kohl are the most popular politicians in the state.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:46:35 AM »

This is an important race for Democrats.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 10:55:38 AM »

My teacher mentioned this and I'll say here what I said to her here: polls don't matter now, they'll change.

Walker has the best chance to beat Doyle because Doyle needs heavy returns in this area to win the state. (Milwaukee area and suburbs so Southeastern Wisconsin) Walker won re-election as Milwaukee County Executive IIRC with 53%, enough to turn this area and the election to him if he wins the Republican nomination.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:56:19 AM »

Didn't Walker run for governor in the past?
MissCatholic

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 12:12:07 PM »

My teacher mentioned this and I'll say here what I said to her here: polls don't matter now, they'll change.

Walker has the best chance to beat Doyle because Doyle needs heavy returns in this area to win the state. (Milwaukee area and suburbs so Southeastern Wisconsin) Walker won re-election as Milwaukee County Executive IIRC with 53%, enough to turn this area and the election to him if he wins the Republican nomination.

Republicans need to focus on rural Wisconsin. I was there in the last few weeks of the 2004 campaign and thats where the democrats won the state.

Dane is the real hotbed for the democrats. Milwaukee just keeps the party ahead. The democrats arent stupid and they will continue to campaign in places like Racine, Winnebago and Outagamie and they will fall democrats way eventualy.

But Doyle is going to win this thing. no problem.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:50:41 PM »

Green and Walker are both second tier candidates.
Thompson or Neumann could make it more interesting.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 01:18:23 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2005, 01:24:20 PM by Scoonie »

Poll also noted that Thommy Thompson and Herb Kohl are the most popular politicians in the state.

Actually, according to the current poll, Herb Kohl and Russ Feingold are the two most popular politicians in the state. Russ is ahead of Thompson by a couple points.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 03:18:01 PM »

1. Did Walker run for Governor in the past?  I'm pretty sure he didn't.

2. Thompson could take Doyle out in his sleep, there would really be no contest there.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »

I think the final results will be very similar to the 2004 Senate results, Doyle will win with somewhere between 53% and 56%
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 08:05:17 PM »

I actually thought this race would be a bit closer, on similar levels to the PA Governor's Race.  Anyway, I think Doyle will win by around 8 points.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 05:51:48 PM »

A poll released today by the Walker campaign has Walker leading Green 46-33% in the GOP primary.

http://www.wispolitics.com/1006/TGMemo10.13.05.pdf
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 04:01:45 PM »

But would Walker have a harder time reaching out to rural voters in the North Country than Green?  Would Doyle be able to pick up healthy margins in Western counties and maybe even win in Green's base?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 04:05:11 PM »

But would Walker have a harder time reaching out to rural voters in the North Country than Green?  Would Doyle be able to pick up healthy margins in Western counties and maybe even win in Green's base?

You can never tell until the actual voting begins in WI. Like I said Doyle needs to win heavy around Madison (he'll get this) and Milwaukee (if Walker gets the nom. he won't but if Green gets it he will).

Last polls 41% of the people think Doyle deserves to be re-elected and 47% think he doesn't deserve it. What confused that though is that he has a 55% Approval rating now. It will all come down to turnout next year.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies