Re-elect Senator Sestak
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:55:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re-elect Senator Sestak
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Re-elect Senator Sestak  (Read 2067 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »

There have been concerns raised by several folks on both sides of the aisle about your activity level in this recent session of Congress, as well as your open statements on discord about how focusing on Atlasia takes away from RL things you have going on. Why run for re-election if you don't have time to carry out your duties? And if there is a change, how can voters trust you will improve your performance going into the 16th Congress?

I'm pretty sure Sestak will be more active than someone who was literally recalled for inactivity(Koopa).
1. I was asking Sestak, not you.
2. That doesn't answer the questions.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 01:21:46 AM »

There have been concerns raised by several folks on both sides of the aisle about your activity level in this recent session of Congress, as well as your open statements on discord about how focusing on Atlasia takes away from RL things you have going on. Why run for re-election if you don't have time to carry out your duties? And if there is a change, how can voters trust you will improve your performance going into the 16th Congress?

I'm pretty sure Sestak will be more active than someone who was literally recalled for inactivity(Koopa).

I think this info is still important to share, and Fremontians should have a full view of the record of both candidates.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 01:26:22 AM »

I think this info is still important to share, and Fremontians should have a full view of the record of both candidates.
And Koopa has already addressed this on his campaign thread, where it belongs. You bringing it up here is unecessary. I am asking Sestak these questions because they are valid concerns brought up by numerous people in multiple parties.

Sestak is a big boy and can answer his own questions. Run along now, Peri.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2018, 01:31:28 AM »

And Koopa has already addressed this on his campaign thread, where it belongs. You bringing it up here is unecessary. I am asking Sestak these questions because they are valid concerns brought up by numerous people in multiple parties.

I'm saddened(but unsurprised) at your refusal to act in a mature manner. I'm not saying you can't ask these questions, I'm just bringing up valid points of my own. I think it's important because Sestak is more active than Koopa would be, and overall has done a good job, though of course nobody is perfect.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 01:35:35 AM »

I'm saddened(but unsurprised) at your refusal to act in a mature manner. I'm not saying you can't ask these questions, I'm just bringing up valid points of my own. I think it's important because Sestak is more active than Koopa would be, and overall has done a good job, though of course nobody is perfect.
I'm glad you made clear you think the pace that the Senate is moving with Sestak as PPT is acceptable, including waiting as much as 12+ days on bills with no debate, leaving up bills that should have long been tabled on the noticeboard, etc.

But then again you also think weatherboy has done a good job despite not doing anything, so get back to me when you have a response worth taking seriously.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 02:17:01 AM »

Do you consider this active?

Ensuring Cancer Pay Act (waited 5 1/2 weeks before doing anything with this):
Ok Haslam.
Unless you indicate otherwise in the next 48 hours, I am going to assume you don't have an amendment and will begin working on one myself.
Sestak, it's been 5 1/2 weeks, where is your amendment?

Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (waited 12 days before doing anything with this, and took me pointing out how long it's been before he came back to the thread):
It's been 12 days, anyone going to get things moving on this?

If no one comments over the next 12 hours, I will move for a final vote.

Dual Officeholding Act (he assumed sponsorship of an amendment, let it sit for 13 days before I said something, and another 10 days before MB did anything with it, not once did he bother to make any motions, get the sponsor to provide feedback, or make an effort to keep things moving in between):
For the sake of moving along debate, I will sponsor fhtagn's amendment. Sponsor?
It's been 13 days since Sestak assumed sponsorship of the amendment and asked for the sponsor of the bill's feedback and Senator Canis has still not responded...
Seeing as there has been no sponsorship feedback, I call a vote on the amendment. The vote will run for 72 hours.

Revenue Enhancement Act (he assumed sponsorship. When questions were asked regarding his amendment, he not only refused to answer them, but it took me pointing out how long it's been 8 days later, then the VP declaring the amendment passed 10 days after that. In fact he STILL refuses to explain the need for the original amendments):
Well, I guess I’m the sponsor. 24 hours to object to the amendment.
What's wrong with timbering? It encourages reforestation. If we didnt need trees for lumber and paper, trees would largely become nothing more than a nuisance and bar to development. We have a lot of federal trees, and increasing our timber cutting is an easy way to increase revenues without tax increases. The entirety of the revenue is coming from companies the left hates. You'd think yall would approve of the resource sales provisions.
Anyone going to answer Mr. R's questions? It's been almost 8 days.
As there have been no objections, amendment has passed.

Also worth noting that Yankee raised concerns with the amendments, which ended up with Mr. R and I posting on this thread 12 days later:
Sure would be useful for budget forecasting if I could tell if this bill was going to pass or not ...
So I take it no one in the Senate is going to bother doing anything here, such as respond to Yankee's concerns that he posted 12 days ago?

He actually ignored these concerns, and didn't post again on this thread until December 3rd with another amendment posted December 6th.

And that's just a small handful of examples I could easily grab from the Senate threads in the 15th Congress. If I really wanted to dig, it wouldn't be hard to find more. Can you honestly tell me that's acceptable?

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 07:22:54 AM »

There is a reasonable amount of stuff here and I’m answering Ng while on the way to the airport rn, so it may take me some time to get through it all.

Interesting according to Jimmy the day before he talked about the leadership position he didn’t have any interest in joining Labor. Don’t you think it’s the least bit coincidental that he joins only after hearing about a leadership offer?

So first of all, my understanding is the reason Jimmy initially had no interest in joining Labor was that he believed I hated him and didn’t want him in the party.  Which was, to a degree, true - I fully admit that I was not a fan of Jimmy when first starting Labor. It was only after repeated advocacy from my advisors as to Jimmy’s character and leadership qualities that I eventually changed my mind and reached out to him. During the course of our discussion, having been briefed on his leadership qualities by my advisors, I informed him that if he were to demonstrate these qualities and a commitment to helping the party, then he would be given a leadership position. When those qualities were proven to far exceed those expectations during the presidential election victory, I chose to support him for a higher position then I had previously expected to.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 07:30:10 AM »

Which of Jimmy's qualities are you referring to, and who are your advisors?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 10:11:23 AM »

My primary advisors at the time were Ted Bessell, Adam Griffin, Mike Wells, and windjammer.

As for Jimmy, I think his recent success in running election campaigns speaks for itself.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 11:19:46 AM »

My primary advisors at the time were Ted Bessell, Adam Griffin, Mike Wells, and windjammer.

As for Jimmy, I think his recent success in running election campaigns speaks for itself.
Which specific character and leadership values do you believe jimmy possesses?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 10:00:32 PM »

I endorsed chairman Sestak
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix