WI-Suffolk: Evers +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:09:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI-Suffolk: Evers +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WI-Suffolk: Evers +2  (Read 2919 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:06:37 AM »
« edited: August 28, 2018, 11:10:13 AM by MT Treasurer »

46% Tony Evers (D)
44% Scott Walker (R, inc.)
3% Others
7% Undecided

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/08/28/top-issues-fall-races-economy-health-care-education-immigration/1120017002/
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:07:45 AM »

Don’t tell hemorrhofoid.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 11:12:19 AM »

But Evers should be up more if he wants to win. WI Dems are screwed and we should all hail the glorious Walker, our eternal lord and savior. /s

Anyway, Suffolk is a great pollster, but always has a GOP bias in all its polls. But anyway, that is 4 polls with Evers leading, 1 with them tying, and....0 for Walker leading. But this race is still a pure tossup/lean R, right Atlas?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »

Still a toss up. This ones gonna be one of those late nighters
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 11:13:52 AM »

Nathan Gonzales rates this Lean R, and I have no reason to question his expertise. /s

Tilt/Lean D of course. Walker is in big trouble.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 11:14:55 AM »

But Evers should be up more if he wants to win. WI Dems are screwed and we should all hail the glorious Walker, our eternal lord and savior. /s

Anyway, Suffolk is a great pollster, but always has a GOP bias in all its polls. But anyway, that is 4 polls with Evers leading, 1 with them tying, and....0 for Walker leading. But this race is still a pure tossup/lean R, right Atlas?

Like it or not.

In the current National Political Environment Evers should be over 50% BUT he isn't. I'm amazed that Walker is still in this.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 11:15:40 AM »

A good result for Evers, considering Suffolk's tend to be a bit rosy for the GOP. My gut says that '18 will just be mirror '10... looks close till election day, but then Evers wins by 6+.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »

Like it or not.

In the current National Political Environment Evers should be over 50% BUT he isn't. I'm amazed that Walker is still in this.
Your right, why could that be? Maybe its because he is facing an entrenched R governor and he is just a superintendent of schools that still is only known to like, 1/2 the state. And I though Walker was an invincible titan and likely to win election?
Panda Express

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »

I like Evers and I hope he wins. But let's be real - he looks like a huge dork. I'm deducting 4 points from Evers as a "dork penalty" on every Wisconsin gubernatorial poll from here on out.  

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »

Tossup remains a fair rating here, IMO
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »

Like it or not.

Your right, why could that be? Maybe its because he is facing an entrenched R governor and he is just a superintendent of schools that still is only known to like, 1/2 the state. And I though Walker was an invincible titan and likely to win election?

It's not just this Race. Democrats could flip the House YET lose the two biggest Governor Races in Ohio & Florida. So for all this crappy wave talk by Democrats it's not looking all that good.

Not to mention that you need Governors to make up in a Presidential Field.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 11:25:13 AM »

Tilt D.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »

Tossup remains a fair rating here, IMO

Yup, but I'm still of the opinion that Baldwin helps drag Evers across the line (while also Walker will drag Vukmir closer to even, but not to the same extent).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

Like it or not.

It's not just this Race. Democrats could flip the House YET lose the two biggest Governor Races in Ohio & Florida. So for all this crappy wave talk by Democrats it's not looking all that good.

Oh, how the goalposts move. OH is still considered a lean R state for the guber, and now its a requirement to win. FL has been a tossup since the beginning, so that makes sense. But what doesnt make sense is the fact that you say we could lose them, since polling and other factors show the Ds in the lead in both states. So Im a bit confused on the logic here.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 11:30:59 AM »

Still a tossup.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »

Has anyone checked 2016's ip? His posts seem awfully similar to those of Limo.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »

A few takeaways:

-I'm willing to bet undecideds are "shy Tories"...willing to vote Walker at the end of the day.
-Evers is below 50 and vulnerable.
-Last I checked, Suffolk isn't the Gold Standard™, Marquette is. So, I choose to believe Marquette has the most accurate state of the race.
-Lean R for now.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 11:50:21 AM »

A few takeaways:

-I'm willing to bet undecideds are "shy Tories"...willing to vote Walker at the end of the day.
-Last I checked, Suffolk isn't the Gold Standard™, Marquette is. So, I choose to believe Marquette has the most accurate state of the race.
-Lean R for now.
Ah yes, the shy tories who elected Ed Gillepsie, Roy Moore and Rick Saccone
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »

Like it or not.

Oh, how the goalposts move. OH is still considered a lean R state for the guber, and now its a requirement to win. FL has been a tossup since the beginning, so that makes sense. But what doesnt make sense is the fact that you say we could lose them, since polling and other factors show the Ds in the lead in both states. So Im a bit confused on the logic here.

You are wrong. Republicans both lead in OH & FL. Embarrassing for D's that even in their wave year 2006 they failed to win the biggest Swing State of the Country, Florida as Crist prevailed over Smith.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 11:57:12 AM »

Like it or not.

You are wrong. Republicans both lead in OH & FL. Embarrassing for D's that even in their wave year 2006 they failed to win the biggest Swing State of the Country, Florida as Crist prevailed over Smith.
Graham has lead in every poll against the likely R, DeSantis. And while Dewine is ahead in the mos recent poll, by 4 points, he is still down in the average to Corday. And 2006 has nothing to do with anything, its 2018.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 12:00:27 PM »

Survey USA Poll had DeSantis over Putman 40-38 in the GOP Primary and that's where this Race is. Either Republican will beat Graham I'm pretty convinced of that.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 12:17:41 PM »

With the Way Baldwin has lead in the polls this season, my gut tells me that the gubernatorial race in WI won't be as close as people think and Evers may win by a landslide. That is IF Evers and Baldwin continue to overperform in the polls like, say, in October.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »

A few takeaways:

-Lean R for now.
Evers isn't the incumbent, Walker is. In all of your "posts" where you argue that Democratic incumbents are doomed because all undecideds will break towards the challenger. Why the sudden change here? Is it because you're an enormous troll?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »

Survey USA Poll had DeSantis over Putman 40-38 in the GOP Primary and that's where this Race is. Either Republican will beat Graham I'm pretty convinced of that.

Hate to break it to you Graham leads DeSantis.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 01:50:55 PM »

LOL, this thread is a mess.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length