WI-Suffolk: Evers +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:48:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI-Suffolk: Evers +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-Suffolk: Evers +2  (Read 2983 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: August 28, 2018, 11:12:19 AM »

But Evers should be up more if he wants to win. WI Dems are screwed and we should all hail the glorious Walker, our eternal lord and savior. /s

Anyway, Suffolk is a great pollster, but always has a GOP bias in all its polls. But anyway, that is 4 polls with Evers leading, 1 with them tying, and....0 for Walker leading. But this race is still a pure tossup/lean R, right Atlas?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »

But Evers should be up more if he wants to win. WI Dems are screwed and we should all hail the glorious Walker, our eternal lord and savior. /s

Anyway, Suffolk is a great pollster, but always has a GOP bias in all its polls. But anyway, that is 4 polls with Evers leading, 1 with them tying, and....0 for Walker leading. But this race is still a pure tossup/lean R, right Atlas?

Like it or not.

In the current National Political Environment Evers should be over 50% BUT he isn't. I'm amazed that Walker is still in this.
Your right, why could that be? Maybe its because he is facing an entrenched R governor and he is just a superintendent of schools that still is only known to like, 1/2 the state. And I though Walker was an invincible titan and likely to win election?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

Like it or not.

In the current National Political Environment Evers should be over 50% BUT he isn't. I'm amazed that Walker is still in this.
Your right, why could that be? Maybe its because he is facing an entrenched R governor and he is just a superintendent of schools that still is only known to like, 1/2 the state. And I though Walker was an invincible titan and likely to win election?

It's not just this Race. Democrats could flip the House YET lose the two biggest Governor Races in Ohio & Florida. So for all this crappy wave talk by Democrats it's not looking all that good.

Not to mention that you need Governors to make up in a Presidential Field.
Oh, how the goalposts move. OH is still considered a lean R state for the guber, and now its a requirement to win. FL has been a tossup since the beginning, so that makes sense. But what doesnt make sense is the fact that you say we could lose them, since polling and other factors show the Ds in the lead in both states. So Im a bit confused on the logic here.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:57:12 AM »

Like it or not.

It's not just this Race. Democrats could flip the House YET lose the two biggest Governor Races in Ohio & Florida. So for all this crappy wave talk by Democrats it's not looking all that good.

Not to mention that you need Governors to make up in a Presidential Field.
Oh, how the goalposts move. OH is still considered a lean R state for the guber, and now its a requirement to win. FL has been a tossup since the beginning, so that makes sense. But what doesnt make sense is the fact that you say we could lose them, since polling and other factors show the Ds in the lead in both states. So Im a bit confused on the logic here.

You are wrong. Republicans both lead in OH & FL. Embarrassing for D's that even in their wave year 2006 they failed to win the biggest Swing State of the Country, Florida as Crist prevailed over Smith.
Graham has lead in every poll against the likely R, DeSantis. And while Dewine is ahead in the mos recent poll, by 4 points, he is still down in the average to Corday. And 2006 has nothing to do with anything, its 2018.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »

I think calling this anything but a toss-up at this point is hopeful thinking.
I think calling this tilt-D is appropriate. I mean, Evers has either lead or tied in every single poll, that doesnt look good for Walker.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »

That is pretty weak for a guy who is supposed to be getting his post-primary bounce. He's doing about the same as Stacey Abrams (!) I will say, if Walker can pull it off again, he'll be on his way to becoming Wisconsin's FDR.

Yep, if Evers can't get to 50 as well as hit at least an 8pt. lead...the Walker/Koch ad machine will tear him to bits.

You sound like LimoLiberal now. Troll, much?

Evers polled above 50 percent in one poll, and Scott walker (if I remember correctly) didn't poll above 50 percent in ANY POLL during his 2014 gubernatorial campaign (yet still won 52 percent of the vote) and STILL isn't, so you do not know what you're talking about.

I know you want your Koch buddy Walker to hold down the fort this year, but he may just be going down IF Evers continues to poll like this.
there are theories that he is just Limo's sock, but yeah, he is pretty much a troll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies