PA-GOV: Franklin and Marshall: Wolf +17 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:47:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PA-GOV: Franklin and Marshall: Wolf +17 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-GOV: Franklin and Marshall: Wolf +17  (Read 2173 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: August 30, 2018, 08:29:22 AM »

Are any legislative bodies flipping, though? I can see the gains only showing in Dem-packed Philly and Pittsburgh.
PA-Senate is basically out of reach in 2018. The only way to flip control there is gaining 8 seats in November and then Reschenthaler's seat if he's elected to Congress. Tall order.
PA-House is different. Dems need to gain 20 seats. Currently there are 18 Republicans in suburban district Clinton carried. A wave there plus gaining a few more WWC districts should be enough.
Based on the current numbers we are getting in the PA suburbs(D+20), we should see a VA like sweep, the house is probably tilt-D at this point IMO. The senate, however is difficult. While 7 seats are tossups and likely to go to us, that 8th seat will be hard to find, but its definitely possible. Lean R. But really we only need one chamber to get Wolf some power and to get a D-favourable map in the 2020s.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »

With this kind of GCB and Wolf coattails, the race in PA-01 may have just been tilted back in Wallace's favor. Scott and DiNicola have a real opening here.
I agree, though I would say that he was favoured the whole time, since the only poll so far had him down by 2, 4 months ago. But with this consistent double digit GCB in PA, its likely that we win the entire Eastern side, PA-17, and gain a good shot at PA-10 and PA-16.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies