Mission 2022.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mission 2022.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mission 2022.  (Read 2334 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 01:37:17 PM »

Yeah, I don’t get why people think Cornyn and Peters are unbeatable.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2018, 01:38:38 PM »

Yeah, I don’t get why people think Cornyn and Peters are unbeatable.

I feel that either could easily become the Nelson of 2020. A strong candidate challenges them, they either campaign poorly or even half asleep, polls show them up, and then, well, they go the way of Nelson.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »

Probably when the next recession causes a D wave.

If a Dem is in the WH House then it will do the exact opposite
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »

1. Have Trump win narrowly in 2020 while D's pick up a few seats (lose AL, add CO, ME, AZ) to make it 51/49
2. Have economic downturn in 2021/2022
3. Have huge wave allowing for pickups in FL, IA, NC, OH, PA, and WI. 55/45 D Senate

Pretty simple.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »

1. Have Trump win narrowly in 2020 while D's pick up a few seats (lose AL, add CO, ME, AZ) to make it 51/49
2. Have economic downturn in 2021/2022
3. Have huge wave allowing for pickups in FL, IA, NC, OH, PA, and WI. 55/45 D Senate

Pretty simple.
Switch ohio with georgia
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 12:36:15 AM »

Atlas: Underestimating Pat Toomey since 2004.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 05:37:43 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2018, 06:49:44 AM by Cory Booker »

Dems did great in Pa in 2018, Toomey wasn't on Ballot, but Toomey GOPers lost badly in 2018. Sestak would have beaten Toomey, not McGinty
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 06:17:54 AM »

Peters won an open seat in 2014 though. He should be fine as incumbent in 2020. That's why I'm not sure I buy the Nelson analogy. Nelson had only run in what were comparatively favourable Environments for Democrats and against fairly weak opponents.

Cornyn, idk. I still feel Texas is a bit of a stretch.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2018, 07:36:19 PM »

Dems did great in Pa in 2018, Toomey wasn't on Ballot, but Toomey GOPers lost badly in 2018. Sestak would have beaten Toomey, not McGinty

Remember this whole meme started in 2004 with people saying that Toomey wouldn't come close to beating Specter. He got 49% in the primary

Leading up to 2010, they said he wouldn't be the nominee once Specter jumped ship because someone else would declare, they didn't.

They said for years leading up to 2010 that Toomey was too Conservative for PA, that he was more conservative than Santorum (and he lost by 17%) and didn't have any connection to SE PA. He won and got two of the four major Philly burbs counties.

Then it was he can never win in a Presidential year.... He did!

At every stage since 2004 the left and establishment GOP underestimated Pat Toomey because of a combination of wishful thinking, bias and a poor understanding of PA's political and socio-cultural inclinations. The same piss poor reading of PA led to them getting blindsided by Trump in 2016. I was not for the record, though I did think Clinton would win it in the end I also knew that Trump would beat expectations because 1) Trade Protectionism, 2) His NE strength and 3) The Supreme Court issue keeping traditional Republicans in line.

I see everyone of those habits being repeated and yet if Trump loses in 2020, I would say Toomey is favored to win reelection in 2022 if he runs.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2019, 10:57:58 AM »

Remember this whole meme started in 2004 with people saying that Toomey wouldn't come close to beating Specter. He got 49% in the primary

Leading up to 2010, they said he wouldn't be the nominee once Specter jumped ship because someone else would declare, they didn't.

They said for years leading up to 2010 that Toomey was too Conservative for PA, that he was more conservative than Santorum (and he lost by 17%) and didn't have any connection to SE PA. He won and got two of the four major Philly burbs counties.

At every stage since 2004 the left and establishment GOP underestimated Pat Toomey because of a combination of wishful thinking, bias and a poor understanding of PA's political and socio-cultural inclinations. The same piss poor reading of PA led to them getting blindsided by Trump in 2016. I was not for the record, though I did think Clinton would win it in the end I also knew that Trump would beat expectations because 1) Trade Protectionism, 2) His NE strength and 3) The Supreme Court issue keeping traditional Republicans in line.

I see everyone of those habits being repeated and yet if Trump loses in 2020, I would say Toomey is favored to win reelection in 2022 if he runs.
toomey is establishment gop.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2019, 05:53:21 PM »

toomey is establishment gop.

Yeah, now. Pre-Tea Party years, absolutely not, though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2019, 04:12:31 AM »

2020 isnt clear cut, Roberts, Daines and Tillis can go down as well as AZ and CO, especially if Harris or Biden are the nominees. Then, Dems can expand majority in 2022
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies