2020: A prediction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:26:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: A prediction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2020: A prediction  (Read 9767 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »

December 1, 2018 - Cory Booker launches 2020 exploratory committee

NEWARK, NJ - U.S. Senator Cory Booker announced the formation of a exploratory committee towards a presidential run in 2020 during a speech in his hometown of Newark, New Jersey. "Whether it be fighting for equality, protecting a woman's right to choose, making sure everyone has decent health care, reforming our criminal justice system, or protecting our enviornment, I've been on the front lines opposing Donald Trump's agenda. The effort for we Democrats to win the presidency in 2020 begins now, and it starts with us. I'm going to explore the possibility of formally entering the race for President sometime in the next 6-8 months," Booker said.

January 10, 2019 - Garcetti enters presidential race

LOS ANGELES, CA - Pledging to combat climate change and income inequality, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti declared he would seek the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination during a speech a to supporters in a hotel ballroom. "Our goal has to be to win the 2020 election and make sure we do the things necessary to make sure the wealthiest amongst us pay their fair share of taxes so we can protect our enviornment, invest in education and health care, and still pay down debt," Garcetti declared.   

February 1, 2019 - SOURCES: Biden to enter presidential race, Cuomo to decline presidential bid

WASHINGTON, DC - Multiple Democratic Party sources told the Washington Post that Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden would enter the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination sometime in late March. The sources say that Biden made the decision after commissioning a poll which found he would defeat President Donald Trump by a double-digit margin in a hypothetical general election. Separate sources also informed the Post that Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo will back Biden and forgo his own run for the presidency. 

February 15, 2019 - Brown to seek Democratic Presidential Nomination

CLEVELAND, OH - Promoting himself as the only Democrat who could win white working-class voters in the election of 2020, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio announced he would run for President in 2020. "Across America, working families are asking themselves a simple question. What happened to the jobs Donald Trump promised us? Sure, plenty at the top are doing better today than they were in 2016, but millions of people continue to live paycheck to paycheck even as the President cut taxes for the rich, gutted protections for our enviornment, and made health insurance more expensive and less accessible. I've always done what I said I'd do, and you can trust me to be a President who fights for working families," Brown stated.

March 5, 2019 - John Kasich to challenge President Donald Trump in 2020 primary

MANCHESTER, NH - Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich announced he would seek the 2020 GOP presidential nomination, becoming the first major candidate to challenge a sitting President from his own party since 1992. "Today, Americans are divided, the President's rhetoric has hurt our standing in the world, and too many of our challenges here at home aren't being solved. In Congress and Ohio, I've brought people from both parties together to solve problems. We've had an entertainer as President, now we need a leader," Kasich told a large audience in New Hampshire. The candidate pledged to fight for free trade, protect medicare and medicaid, reduce the national debt, and work to pass comprehensive immigration reform if elected President.

March 7, 2019 - Trump calls Kasich "weak" and "crazy" during Louisiana rally

NEW ORLEANS, LA - President Donald Trump traveled to Louisiana to host a "Make America Great Again" rally, where he criticized newly announced GOP presidential hopeful John Kasich. "I've known John Kasich a long time, I easily defeated him in the last primary, he's weak and frankly, he's crazy. He's for open borders and agrees with Democrats on health care, he's weak on the border and he won't win we will win this election," the President said of Kasich.

March 15, 2019 - Biden enters race for 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination, wins endorsements from Barack Obama, Andrew Cuomo

NEWARK, DE - Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden announced that he would seek the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination during an event at the University of Delaware in Newark, DE. Former President Barack Obama and Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo introduced Biden and endorsed his candidacy for President. "Today, America's middle class has been left behind by an administration that took away funding for education and health care, an administration that has weakened our alliances with our allies, an administration that finances tax breaks for the rich through deficit spending, and an administration that refuses to work with both Democrats and Republicans in the legislative branch. My life's work has been about strengthening our military and alliances, helping working families get ahead, providing a safety net and policies to create jobs, investing in education, job training, and our infrastructure and doing the right thing. Today, I am announcing that I am a candidate for President of the United States, Biden stated.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »

No offense, cuz I usually love your timelines. This one isn’t interesting. People predict 2020 all the time, what I like is when you do alternate history and maybe go to 2020 or beyond
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:19:38 AM »

I'm just curious what's going on with 1964 lbj
BushKerry04

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 10:43:25 AM »

I'm just curious what's going on with 1964 lbj

Honestly, I had some personal issues over the past few weeks that prevented me from working on that one. Figured people forgot about it so I started a new one.

No offense, cuz I usually love your timelines. This one isn’t interesting. People predict 2020 all the time, what I like is when you do alternate history and maybe go to 2020 or beyond

Thank you for the honest feedback. I hope you enjoy this one none the less!

March 20, 2019 - Cory Booker enters presidential race, praises Joe Biden during CNN interview

WASHINGTON, DC - U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey announced his intention to seek the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination during an appearance on CNN. Booker, a former Mayor of Newark, NJ, pledged to fight for criminal justice reform, reversing the Trump tax cuts and individual healthcare mandate repeal, more funding for infrastructure projects, and increased funding for education. "I have been on the front lines opposing Donald Trump's agenda, stopping this President's agenda and fighting for every American is something I've done everyday over the last three years and I want to restore the America we all know and love, that's why I'm running for President," Booker stated. When asked about his Democratic primary rivals, Booker only offered praise. "We are all Democrats and one of us will win, I know my competitors well and like them all. Joe Biden was one of history's best Vice Presidents," the candidate declared.

March 25, 2019 - Bill DeBlasio to seek 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination

JERSEY CITY, NJ - Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio declared his intention to run for President in the 2020 election, seeking the support of grassroots progressives as he pledged to fight for medicare for all, a $15 minimum wage, campaign finance reform, and to strengthen laws protecting union membership, marriage equality, and pay equity. "Our time to fight for progressive principles and ideals is now, it starts here, and it starts with us. I'm declaring my candidacy for President because I'm ready to lead the charge for our shared progressive values," DeBlasio told supporters.

April 2, 2019 - Kasich campaign announces endorsements

COLUMBUS, OH - GOP Presidential Hopeful John Kasich announced the following endorsements of his campaign for the 2020 GOP Presidential Nomination:

Governor of Massachusetts Charlie Baker
U.S. Senator Rob Portman of Ohio
Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush
Former Governor of Pennsylvania & U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge
Former Governor of Wisconsin & U.S. Secretary of HHS Tommy Thompson
Former Governor of New York George Pataki
Former Governor of South Carolina Mark Sanford
Former U.S. Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona
Former U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee
Former U.S. Senator Gordon J. Humphrey of New Hampshire
Former U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta
Former National Security Advisor Stephen Hadley

April 10, 2019 - Biden lays out campaign platform to "strengthen America" during campaign speech in Michigan

LANSING, MI - Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, running for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination, laid out a five-point plan to strengthen America during a campaign speech in Lansing, Michigan. Biden's platform consists of the following:

1. Strengthen America's foreign policy: Reenter the Paris Climate Treaty, promote free trade that is fair to America's workers, restore alliances hurt by the Trump administration, fight for human rights, and invest greater resources into human intelligence.
2. Strengthen America's middle class: Repeal the Trump tax cuts for the wealthy and invest in education, R&D, and fully restore Obamacare.
3. Strengthen America's safety net: Expand medicaid and paid medical leave, find bipartisan solutions to make social security and medicare solvent for longer, and increase funding for job training for displaced workers.
4. Strengthen America's commitment to investing in infrastructure: Invest $1 trillion in improving infrastructure over the next decade, double funding for AMTRAK, and expand internet access to rural communities.
5. Strengthen laws to uphold equality: Enact criminal justice reform, crack down on companies that violate the Equal Pay Act of 1963, and appoint judges who respect Roe V. Wade and marriage equality.
BushKerry04

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »

April 12, 2019 - Sanders praises DeBlasio, criticizes Biden during MSNBC appearance; says he's "leaning against" presidential run
WASHINGTON, DC- U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont praised Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill DeBlasio and was critical of front-runner Joe Biden during an appearance on MSNBC. "I think Bill DeBlasio is serious about the need to help working Americans get ahead and reverse the failed policies of this administration," Sanders stated. "I like Joe Biden, but I don't think he's offering a bold, progressive vision," Sanders said in response to a question as to if he would support Biden in the primaries. When asked about his own presidential ambitions, Sanders said he was "undecided" but "leaning against" a run as not to divide the progressive cause between DeBlasio and himself.

April 25, 2019 - Poll: Biden favored to win Democratic presidential nomination, presidency; Trump leads Kasich nationally as Kasich leads the President in New Hampshire

WASHINGTON, DC - An NBC/WSJ survey finds that Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (D) and President Donald Trump (R) are the front-runners for their party's presidential nominations in 2020. On the Democratic side, 35% of Democrats say Biden is their choice for President, with U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders at 18% and Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio at 10%. All other candidates remain in single digits. Biden leads Sanders in Iowa (38%-19%) and New Hampshire (30%-22%) as well. On the GOP side, President Donald Trump leads Former Ohio Governor John Kasich 65%-19% nationally and 63%-21% in Iowa. However, Kasich leads the President in New Hampshire 38%-35%. In a hypothetical general election, Biden would defeat Trump 51%-38% nationally, and Sanders would defeat the incumbent 49%-43% as well. Biden only leads Kasich 47%-44%, and the Ohioan would defeat Sanders 48%-39%.

May 1, 2019 - President Trump announces endorsements

AUSTIN, TX - During a campaign event in Austin, Texas, President Donald Trump announced that several high profile elected officials from across the nation will support his re-election campaign. Governors Ron DeSantis (R-FL), Scott Walker (R-WI), Jim Justice (R-WV), Eric Holcomb (R-IN), Matt Mead (R-WY), Doug Burgum (R-ND), Henry McMaster (R-SC), U.S. Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX), Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), James Inholfe (R-OK), Roy Blunt (R-MO), and the entire GOP Congressional delegations from Florida, Texas, West Virginia, Virginia, South Carolina, and New York are all supporting Trump's re-election bid.

May 2, 2019 - Romney won't commit to endorsing Trump, offers praise for Kasich on Fox News

WASHINGTON, DC - U.S. Senator Mitt Romney of Utah, the 2012 GOP Presidential Nominee, declined to endorse President Donald Trump's re-election bid during an interview on Fox News. Romney offered praise for Trump's GOP primary opponent, John Kasich. "I've worked with the President on issues where I agree with him, but I have not been afraid to speak up when I disagree with him and I'll continue to do so. I can tell you that I have a great deal of respect for John Kasich and think he was a great Governor," Romney stated when asked about the GOP presidential race.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »

I am curious, is this how you feel 2020 will actually go. In which case, I think it could be interesting enough to see how it goes as long as it remains realistic. You know, so that way we can see how right we all are or not
vanteran
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 03:29:03 PM »

This is great so far. I'm surprised there are only 6 Democratic candidates thus far (Delaney, Booker, Biden, de Blasio, Brown, and Garcetti). If they remain the only candidates, I think Biden has it in the bag but Booker may be a good challenge in the South while de Blaiso might find some luck in the Northeast. As well, Garcetti may pick up a few states in the West if he gets some cash rolling and Brown might connect in the Midwest. Delaney is essentially a non-factor haha.
BushKerry04

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 10:06:50 PM »

I am curious, is this how you feel 2020 will actually go. In which case, I think it could be interesting enough to see how it goes as long as it remains realistic. You know, so that way we can see how right we all are or not

To an extent, I think this is how 2020 COULD go. Honestly, if the past few years has taught me anything, it's that politics is unpredictable.

This is great so far. I'm surprised there are only 6 Democratic candidates thus far (Delaney, Booker, Biden, de Blasio, Brown, and Garcetti). If they remain the only candidates, I think Biden has it in the bag but Booker may be a good challenge in the South while de Blaiso might find some luck in the Northeast. As well, Garcetti may pick up a few states in the West if he gets some cash rolling and Brown might connect in the Midwest. Delaney is essentially a non-factor haha.

Thank you for the feedback! It's still early, more people will enter the race as you will see....

May 10, 2019 - Merkley enters presidential race, attacks Biden and Booker during video announcement

ARLINGTON, VA - U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon announced he would seek the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination and criticized two of his opponents in a Youtube announcement. "I'm announcing today that I am a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. In the United States Senate, I have led on issues ranging from housing reform, to expanding health care access, ensuring we welcome immigrants into our country, and making sure marriage equality is respected across the country," Merkley said. The Oregon Senator also was sharply critical of opponents Joe Biden and Cory Booker. "I have tremendous respect for my fellow Democratic candidates. But make no mistake about it, Vice President Biden and Senator Booker represent the establishment. I represent grassroots progressives," he stated.

August 1, 2019 - Democratic candidates participate in first debate

"As Americans, all of us should be concerned with the direction of our country. This administration has weakened our alliances with our allies, safety net programs to help struggling families here at home, they've gutted investments in infrastructure despite promising to do just the opposite, they've denied the science of climate change and our nation's efforts to combat it, and they've given huge tax breaks for the very wealthy while neglecting health care and education. There are differences between us and the Republicans on issues for sure, but Donald Trump's lack of judgement and character has created great dysfunction in Washington D.C., alienated the American people, and has made us more isolated in the world. I'm here tonight asking for the opportunity to represent our party in the next election because I think my 44 years of experience in the United States Senate and Vice President prepares me to strengthen America during a time in which we need a leader with conviction who can strengthen our alliances and military, our economy and safety net, and our commitments to investing in infrastructure and upholding the values of equality for everyone. My record is very different from this Presidents. In the Senate, I worked with President Clinton to increase the number of police on America's streets, which reduced crime by more than half. I also worked to pass the Violence Against Women Act because no woman in America should ever have to fear walking the same streets as a man. As Vice President, I worked with President Obama to revive our economy following the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, over 11 million new jobs were created when we were in office because we invested in infrastructure, R&D, green energy, and cut taxes for working families and small businesses. I'm ready to lead this country because I have a lifetime of experience and a record of results" - Joe Biden

"I made the decision to run for President for one simple reason. We have to decide what our values are as a people during this era in which the President of the United States has scapegoated immigrants, the media, and people who simply don't share his narrow point of view for all of the problems he's had. I believe in the values of justice, equality, and doing what is right no matter if it's easy or not. Donald Trump believes in fear, division, and a far right agenda that only a small group of conservative donors and lobbyists agree with. I think I can bring independents and even some Republicans into the fold because when I talk about criminal justice reform, expanding access to healthcare, and other issues that matter to everyday Americans, I get positive feedback from people on all sides. This President has divided Americans, I'm ready to help bring people together. I know that our country does best when people come together and are more hopeful about America's future. I'm proud to have led the fight against Donald Trump in the United States Senate. I successfully stopped the President from slashing funding for college pell grants, opposed his efforts to gut civil rights, and worked on a bipartisan basis with Republican Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska to stop Donald Trump from neglecting free trade agreements that benefit American farmers, manufacturers, and small businesses. I've stopped Donald Trump before, and as President I'll reverse his failed and divisive agenda ." - Cory Booker

"For far too long, Americans have witnessed greater inequality between the rich and poor, the powerful and those without a voice in government, men and women, and white and non-white Americans. And for far too long, the establishment of both political parties have embraced this growing divide. I am not running for President to punish anyone, but I am running for President to empower those who struggle to get ahead in one way or another. When I talk about the need to fight for medicare for all, a $15 minimum wage, a constitutional amendment protecting the principle of equal pay for equal work, expanded paid medical leave, universal access to community college, public financing for all federal elections to get money out of politics, and a 45% top income tax rate to pay for my proposals, I understand that these positions are not popular with dark money or on Fox News, but I propose these ideas because they are what I believe is right and what I intend to fight for as President. For nine years, I've been the executive of a city with one of the world's largest economies. If you listen to Fox News or read the National Review, they'd tell you that making investments in things like health, education, and the enviornment decrease economic opportunities. The reality is, I've made investments in all of those things, yet my city's unemployment rate remains below the national average and residents in my city have actually seen their incomes rise since I've been Mayor. Fellow progressives, this is our moment to shine. It's our moment to win, it's our moment to govern, and it's our moment to move America in a new direction" - Bill DeBlasio

"I'm hearing a lot of arguments up here tonight about how we have to win the election of 2020, but no one up here other than Vice President Biden and myself has actually been on a statewide ballot in a swing state. I have twice been elected to the United States Senate from one of the most purple states in America, a state that is critical to our hopes of winning in this election. How did I do it? I listened to the people of my state and upon hearing their concerns, I went to work to advocate on their behalf. I have stood in opposition to trade agreements that have sent jobs overseas because I've spoken to workers who live in communities where generations were employed by manufacturing jobs that eventually went overseas thanks to NAFTA and agreements like it. I supported Obamacare and medicaid expansion because I listened to countless people tell me they couldn't afford health insurance. And I supported tax cuts for working families and small businesses instead of large corporate handouts because small business owners convinced me it was the right thing to do to help create jobs. I don't fight for Wall Street or special interests, I fight for working families, and that is how we are going to convince people to vote for us this upcoming cycle" - Sherrod Brown

"As Democrats, we believe in rewarding hard work and protecting those who need our help. We support a strong safety net, promoting small business, protecting the rights of workers, enforcing laws aimed at promoting gender and racial equality, and appointing judges who understand that the constitution is here to protect the rights of all, not just some. But where I think our party has made mistakes in recent years is conceding the moral high ground to the Republicans on the economy. We've decided to run on social issues and foreign policy, and we have a lot to be proud of as Democrats on those issues for sure. I have every intention, as the nominee of our party for President, to stand up for our values, including an unapologetic defense of marriage equality, equal pay, and repairing the damage this administration has done to our alliances with allies like Mexico and Canada. But as Democrats, we should be proud of what we've accomplished in the past on the economy, and we should use past successes to once again fight for an economy that works for all of us. It was Democrat Bill Clinton who balanced the budget and reformed welfare, we experienced the longest period of growth under his watch. It was Barack Obama and yes, Vice President Biden, who helped bring us back from the great recession. We Democrats win when, in the words of Bill Clinton, we support investing in our people, and my case to you and to all Americans is I believe we can and should do just that" - John Delaney

"In Los Angeles, I have seen how when the very wealthy amongst us help give back to the community, anything is possible. The wealthy of my city are extraordinarily generous and have given the gift not only of money, but of time to help feed the hungry, help students get an education in art, promote strong communities to reduce crime, help parents learn new skills, and support activities that help the elderly enjoy their retirement. I know that all across America, there are people who want to give back so that we can once again invest in health care, the enviornment, education, and reducing crime in our urban centers. Donald Trump and the Republicans have given tax breaks to the very wealthy, their donors and the special interests who support them had lobbied for such a tax scheme for years. But I know that most wealthy people across this country want to help those who are less fortunate get ahead. This President ran for office and promised to give voice to those who didn't have one in government. Sadly, he broke his promise. My candidacy is about helping those without a voice in their government have the representation they deserve. I think if we raise the top tax rate to 44%, something the President was once supportive of, and invested in those things to help improve the lives of working class and poorer Americans, we will all be better off for it." - Eric Garcetti

"In the United States Senate, I have led on issues ranging from housing reform, to expanding health care access, ensuring we welcome immigrants into our country, and making sure marriage equality is respected across the country. While a United States Senator can get a lot done, and I am proud of the work I've done, Congress needs an ally in the executive branch to get the most done. Democrats won elections in 2018 because we promised to restore health care coverage that this administration froze, we pledged that we would not touch medicare and social security, we pledged to fight to protect women and minorities from civil rights violations, and we talked about the need for a higher minimum wage and stronger enforcement of environmental laws. This year, I intend to be the Democratic nominee for President, and I intend to travel the country to campaign not only for my own election, but Democrats running for Governor, U.S. Senate, Congress, and local offices so our ideas are reality and not just theory. My campaign is a grassroots campaign and we are taking our message to voters in Iowa, New Hampshire, and other places. Our party is not going to win if we try and compete with the Republicans for PAC money or special interest support, but if we show the American people we care about and are committed to our principles, we can and will win and successfully govern" - Jeff Merkley
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 11:19:52 PM »

Give me Bullock.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 11:34:14 AM »

BushKerry04

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »

We shall see.......

August 5, 2019 - Biden releases large endorsement list including Clintons, Kerry

NEWARK, DE - Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's campaign for the Democratic Presidential Nomination released an extensive list of supporters, including Former President Bill Clinton. The following leaders have endorsed Biden's presidential campaign:

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton
Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry
Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter
Former U.S. Secretary of Treasury Jack Lew
Former U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz
Former U.N. Ambassador to China Gary Locke
Former U.S. Secretary of Energy Hazel O'Leary
Governor of Delaware John Carney
Governor of Hawaii David Ige
Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo
Governor of Minnesota Tim Walz
Governor of North Carolina Roy Cooper
Governor of Oregon Kate Brown
Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Wolf
Governor of Rhode Island Gina Raimondo
Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam
U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein of California
U.S. Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado
U.S Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut
U.S. Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut
U.S. Senator Tom Carper of Delaware
U.S. Senator Chris Coons of Delaware
U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois
U.S. Senator Tina Smith of Minnesota
U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada
U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire
U.S. Senator Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire
U.S. Senator Tom Udall of New Mexico
U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania
U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington
U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Texas, Arizona, North Dakota, and Iowa

September 25, 2019 - DeBlasio lays out "A new progressive platform" during New Hampshire speech

MANCHESTER, NH - New York City Mayor and Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill DeBlasio proposed a "new progressive platform" during an address in New Hampshire. DeBlasio put forth 10 initiatives he would fight for if elected President of the United States. The platform consists of:

1. Medicare for all: DeBlasio proposed expanding medicare coverage to every American. The candidate said his proposal would cost $2 trillion annually; $570 billion would come from current medicare spending, $670 billion would come from replacing the current medicaid program, and $800 billion would come from a combination of having higher premiums for those earning above $250,000 per year and increasing taxes on corporate profits above $1 million from 21% to 42%.

2. Increase social security benefits for middle and lower income seniors: The Mayor proposed a 70% increase in social security benefits for those who earned below $100,000 at retirement, paid for by

3. Double the number of federal pell grants for college and make community college universally accessible: DeBlasio pledged to double the number of federal pell grants and send money back to states to make sure everyone has access to community college.

4. Expand paid medical leave: DeBlasio pledged to fight for a mandate requiring all companies to provide paid medical leave for up to 20 weeks.

5. Pass a constitutional equal pay amendment: The candidate proposed a constitutional amendment that would give women and minority workers a constitutional right to earn the same as their white and male counterparts for doing the same work.

6. $15 minimum wage: DeBlasio said he would fight to implement a $15 federal minimum wage immediately.

7. Campaign Finance Reform: DeBlasio said he supported federal public financing of all federal elections and would fight to get "dark money" out of politics.

8. Criminal Justice Reform: DeBlasio called for sweeping criminal justice reform including banning privatized prisons, decriminalizing marijuana at the federal level, and funding rehabilitation efforts.

9. Invest in R&D and green energy: DeBlasio called for doubling the R&D tax credit and green energy tax credits.

10. Fair taxation: The Mayor called for establishing all new tax brackets; a 8% rate for those earning between $40,000 and $80,000, a 15% rate for those earning between $80,000 and $200,000, a 30% rate for those earning $200,000 and $1 million, and a 48% rate for those earning above $1 million.

October 1, 2019 - Survey: Biden, Trump continue to lead

WASHINGTON, DC - An NBC/WSJ survey finds that Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (D) and President Donald Trump (R) are the front-runners for their party's presidential nominations in 2020. On the Democratic side, 32% of Democrats say Biden is their choice for President, with New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio at 18% , U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey at 15%, and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti  at 10%. Other Democratic candidates are in single digits. Biden leads DeBlasio in Iowa (31%-22%), New Hampshire (29%-23%), Michigan (33%-18%), and South Carolina (30%-20%). On the GOP side, President Donald Trump leads Former Ohio Governor John Kasich 58%-25% nationally, as well as in Iowa (67%-28%), Michigan (51%-38%), and South Carolina (82%-15%). However, Kasich leads the President in New Hampshire 45%-20%. In a hypothetical general election, Biden would defeat Trump (55%-39%) as would Booker (45%-41%), though Trump would best DeBlasio (40%-39%). While Biden would defeat Kasich (44%-39%), Kasich defeats DeBlasio (50%-38%) and Booker (49%-39%) in a potential race.

October 5, 2019 - Former President Bush in Ohio: I'm for Kasich

COLUMBUS, OH - During a speech on leadership at Ohio State University, Former President George W. Bush told students he would be supporting John Kasich for the 2020 GOP Presidential Nomination. "I'm for Kasich. John has what it takes to restore dignity to our politics and I agree with his conservative values, but also his willingness to do what's right regardless of the politics," the 43rd President stated.

October 20, 2019 - Booker picks up endorsements from New Jersey, national leaders

IOWA CITY, IA - U.S. Senators Bob Menendez (D-NJ), Kamala Harris (D-CA), Former U.S. Senators Bill Bradley (D-NJ), Tom Daschle (D-SD), and Governors Phil Murphy (D-NJ), Janet Mills (D-ME), Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI), and Former Governors Deval Patrick (D-MA) and Dannel Malloy (D-CT) traveled to Iowa to formally endorse Cory Booker for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. "Cory Booker is the real deal. I have seen him grow into one of our nation's strongest leaders on issues that matter to everyday Americans. He cares about you and is not beholden to any interest group," Bill Bradley declared. "Leadership is about making tough decisions and doing what's right, Cory Booker has done that for his entire career," Phil Murphy stated.
BushKerry04

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 03:46:30 PM »

November 5, 2019 - Kasich, Trump participate in New Hampshire debate

"We have never been stronger and better off in the history of our country, when you look at jobs, incomes rising, crime going down, the border more secure, and how we have revived our military, you'll see that the past four years have been some of the most prosperous in the history of the world. My opponent is on this stage here tonight simply because some special interests and donors don't like how we've been tough on the border and think we've cut taxes too much, my opponent is here to promote Obamacare and high taxes. He's the open borders candidate in this race. We are making America great again and we will continue to do so in another four years with low taxes, strong borders, and being tough on crime. We aren't going to bring back policies that Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and John Kasich support. We are going to continue to make America great again and continue to see jobs created and our military and vets be supported" - Donald Trump

"Leadership isn't about dividing people or Tweeting things that one's political base supports, leadership is about bringing people together and solving problems in people's lives. It's what I did in Congress, in business, and as Governor of Ohio. For too long, we have seen anger and division in our politics and I'm here because I think the people of New Hampshire and this country want someone who can bring us together. I'm talking about ways to reduce the national debt by making responsible spending cuts and reforms to the tax code without gutting health care and education, reforming our immigration system to support the rule of law while welcoming people here legally and treating those here illegally fairly and humanely, tackling the drug epidemic in a way that emphasizes rehabilitation for the addicted, and working to preserve medicaid coverage for millions of Americans in a fiscally responsible manner because these are issues that impact real people. When you are a leader, you don't worry about only those who support you in an election, you bring all people together and that's why I'm running for President of the United States" - John Kasich

"I have the support of the ICE union, National Right to Life, and a host of conservatives and moderates alike ranging from Ted Cruz to Roy Blunt, and Ted Cruz ran against both of us last time but he says because we've been strong on the border and cut taxes and regulations, he's with us this time around. My opponent is for tax hikes, Obamacare, and open borders. He should really be running as a Democrat in my opinion, but when you have special interests and lobbyists who share his enthusiasm for open borders and Obamacare, this is what happens. I'm leading in the polls in an absolute landslide because Republicans across the country support what we've been doing. So actually the Governor is wrong, I'm uniting the country which is why I won in 2016 and he didn't. He won his home state in that primary, he couldn't beat me anywhere else and I won bigly in that primary. I know I'll win again" - Donald Trump

"The President did win in 2016, but if you look at the polls now I'm leading and he's behind Joe Biden and other Democrats not only nationally, but in states like Ohio and Pennsylvania where he won in the last presidential election. I'm a proud Republican, I fought for balanced budgets, tax cuts, and limited government in Congress and Ohio. But while I am a proud Republican conservative, I also have a track record of working with everyone to solve problems. You see, we aren't going to win as a party if we can't bring people together to solve problems. The national debt, the immigration divisive immigration debate, the question of if we need free trade or tariffs, the drug epidemic, and other issues aren't going to be solved if we become angrier and more divisive. The President has lost credibility because of his lack of leadership and problem solving, plus his inability to deliver on promises he made voters four years ago. Trade deficits and the national debt aren't down and our healthcare system isn't fixed like he said in 2016. I'm running for President to solve problems, clear and simple" - John Kasich

November 20, 2019 - T.V. ads running in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

"Great"
PRESIDENT TRUMP: I'm Donald Trump and I approved this message.
NARRATOR 1: President Trump's leadership is working to make America great again. But what does John Kasich say?
JOHN KASICH 5/1/19: I think we are probably worse off today than we were four years ago.
NARRATOR 2: Kasich says that because he supports open borders, higher taxes, and Obamacare. We really can't afford John Kasich.
PRESIDENT TRUMP 11/5/19: We have never been stronger and better off in the history of our country, when you look at jobs, incomes rising, crime going down, the border more secure, and how we have revived our military, you'll see that the past four years have been some of the most prosperous in the history of the world.
NARRATOR 3: Re-elect President Trump. Keep America Great.

"Strength"
NARRATOR: Joe Biden is running for President to strengthen America. The Biden plan. Strengthen America's standing in the world. Strengthen the safety net here at home by investing in medicaid expansion and mandating paid medical leave for everyone. Strengthen our infrastructure with $1 trillion in investments. And Strengthen laws to uphold equality for all of us.
JOE BIDEN: I'm running for President to undo the damage done by this administration and restore American strength. For 40 years, I fought for a more secure world, a stronger middle class here at home, and the values of equality and justice. I'm Joe Biden, and I approved this message because I know that together, we can strengthen America.

"Proud"
BILL DEBLASIO: I'm proud of what I've accomplished in New York City, working with the people of my city. We ended unconstitutional stop and frisk, expanded access to affordable housing, promoted green energy, increased funding for early childhood education, and invested in mass transit. I'm also a proud progressive and not ashamed to say it. Yes, our country deserves a $15 minimum wage, universal healthcare coverage through medicare for all, campaign finance reform with public financing of all federal elections to get dark money out of politics, more tax credits for R&D and green energy, and a constitutional amendment to ensure women and minorities earn the same as white males for doing the same work. I'm Bill DeBlasio, and I approved this message because we should be proud of our progressive principles, I'll fight for them as President.

"Why"
JOHN KASICH: As I travel across New Hampshire, people ask me why I'm challenging Donald Trump in the Republican primary. Here's why. I believe that the President of the United States should be focused on solving problems, not Tweeting falsehoods. I believe that the President of the United States should be focused on embracing markets and an economy that leaves no one behind, not tariffs and stopping medicaid expansion. I believe that we need an immigration system that embraces the rule of law while welcoming people into our country, not a policy that separates families and deports millions. I believe we need a President who will combat the drug epidemic, not ignore it. And I believe we need a President who is focused on balancing the budget responsibly, not increasing deficits and debt. In short, I believe America needs leadership focused on unity, not divisiveness and reckless rhetoric. I'm John Kasich, and I approve this message because if you believe now is the time for us to come together as one nation, well then I ask for your vote.

"Trump"
CORY BOOKER: This election won't be a choice between two political parties and it won't be a choice between two candidates. It will be a choice about our identity as a society and country. Donald Trump has divided Americans and appealed to our fears and frustrations. That's not who we are as a country. I have a very different view of America. I believe that in this great country, anything is possible. If we work together, we can solve problems. I know this because I've lived the American dream, and I've seen it in action. I'm Cory Booker and I approved this message because it's time to stop Donald Trump and take our country back.

"Equal"
ERIC GARCETTI: It's a real shame. For decades, the gap between rich and poor has only grown. This isn't just about money. It's about access to education, health care, and jobs. Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress gave huge tax breaks for the wealthy and some of the largest corporations in the world. Meanwhile, 20% of our kids don't graduate high school, over 40 million Americans still lack health insurance, and over 1.5 million Americans don't have a roof over their heads. I know we can do better, and as President, I will fight to make sure everyone has an equal chance at achieving the American dream. I'm Eric Garcetti and I approved this message.

"Clinton"
JOHN DELANEY: Here's the truth. We Democrats are not going to win the general election if we run to the left. Yes, we have core values and we should defend those values. I've defended our values in Congress. But we have to expose Donald Trump's fiscal irresponsibility and we can't do that if we propose spending plans that will increase the deficit. I'm John DeLaney. I'm running for President because I believe we need a strong safety net, but like Bill Clinton I also believe in balanced budgets and reforming entitlements in a way that protects working families. I approved this message because like Clinton, I can win this election.

"Trade"
NARRATOR: 2015. Candidate Donald Trump says he will renegotiate NAFTA after over a million Americans lost their jobs as a result of the unfair trade agreement. After we voted for Trump to reverse NAFTA, what has he done? Nothing.
SHERROD BROWN: I'm Sherrod Brown. I opposed NAFTA in the first place and will repeal it as President. Donald Trump may pay lip service to the American worker, but I've fought against unfair trade deals that send our jobs overseas. I approved this message because it's time for a President who'll fight for you. 

"Need"
JEFF MERKLEY 10/1/19 debate: In the United States Senate, I have led on issues ranging from housing reform, to expanding health care access, ensuring we welcome immigrants into our country, and making sure marriage equality is respected across the country. While a United States Senator can get a lot done, and I am proud of the work I've done, Congress needs an ally in the executive branch to get the most done. Democrats won elections in 2018 because we promised to restore health care coverage that this administration froze, we pledged that we would not touch medicare and social security, we pledged to fight to protect women and minorities from civil rights violations, and we talked about the need for a higher minimum wage and stronger enforcement of environmental laws. This year, I intend to be the Democratic nominee for President, and I intend to travel the country to campaign not only for my own election, but Democrats running for Governor, U.S. Senate, Congress, and local offices so our ideas are reality and not just theory. My campaign is a grassroots campaign and we are taking our message to voters in Iowa, New Hampshire, and other places. Our party is not going to win if we try and compete with the Republicans for PAC money or special interest support, but if we show the American people we care about and are committed to our principles, we can and will win and successfully govern"

BushKerry04

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 04:57:50 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2018, 10:35:09 PM by BushKerry04 »

December 1, 2019 - Sanders endorses DeBlasio for President

MANCHESTER, NH - U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont endorsed New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination during a large campaign rally in New Hampshire. "Bill DeBlasio is committed to the idea that in America, no one should go to bed hungry or without a roof over their head, the idea that we are all created equally, and the idea that health care is a right not a privilege. Only Bill DeBlasio can defeat Donald Trump and change America," Sanders said of DeBlasio.

December 5, 2019 - Kasich lays out "Vision for America" during an address at University of New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - Republican Presidential Hopeful John Kasich spoke about his "vision for America" and put forth five main policy priorities of his if elected President. These priorities are as follows:

1.Reduce the national debt and simplify the tax code: Kasich proposed eliminating eight popular corporate tax loopholes, eliminating the standard tax deduction on incomes above $500,000, increasing fees, capping federal spending increases on 40% of the federal budget to 0.5% annually, and reducing certain agricultural subsidies to eliminate the deficit in two years and reduce the national debt by $3 trillion over a decade.
2. Preserve medicare and social security: Kasich called for the establishment of a bi-partisan commission to preserve social security and medicare. He also pledged to stop medicare premium increases for seniors on fixed incomes and voiced support for increasing the social security retirement age to 70 over 5 years.
3. Comprehensive Immigration Reform: Kasich called for bi-partisan immigration reform that ensures border security, establishes a guest worker program and pathway to citizenship while stopping any future family separations or deporting of undocumented immigrants who otherwise were law-abiding.
4. Restore America's standing in the world by investing in the military, embracing alliances with allies, and supporting markets and trade: Kasich said he would invest in the military and human intelligence, support free trade, and work with allies of the United States.
5.Combat the drug epidemic: Kasich pledged to increase funding for drug rehabilitation efforts and NARCAN and would fight to give tax incentives to health insurance companies that insured rehab stays for the addicted. Kasich also said he would work with members of both political parties and Governors to fight for criminal justice reform and tax credits for businesses that hire those in recovery.

December 10, 2019 - Biden seemingly open to selecting Republican Kasich as running-mate, DeBlasio criticizes statement

MANCHESTER, NH - During a townhall meeting in New Hampshire, Democratic Presidential Hopeful and Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden was asked if he'd consider selecting Republican Presidential Hopeful John Kasich as his running-mate in 2020. "My focus right now is on winning the Democratic nomination, I think John would make a fine Vice President but I have to win your vote and the support of your fellow New Hampshire residents first," Biden stated. Mayor of New York City and Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill DeBlasio criticized Biden's answer. "In Congress and Ohio, John Kasich supported budget cuts that hurt working families, backed tax cuts for the wealthy, and supported justices who do not believe in women's equality, labor unions, or limits on campaign spending. Let me be clear, John Kasich will not be my running-mate and it's unfortunate that Joe Biden would consider someone who isn't even a Democrat, let alone a progressive," DeBlasio told reporters in New Hampshire.

December 20, 2019 - Bloomberg urges support for Biden, Kasich

NEW YORK, NY - Former Mayor of New York City Michael Bloomberg, a Republican who became an independent and supported Hillary Clinton for President in 2016, urged Democrats to support Joe Biden for President and Republicans to back John Kasich. "I think a Joe Biden Vs. John Kasich election would bring a certain dignity to national politics that we haven't seen in quite some time, I think the country is read for a race between a progressive Democrat and a center-right Republican where issues and not personalities can be debated," Bloomberg stated.  

January 8, 2020 - Survey: Biden, Trump remain ahead nationally as DeBlasio and Kasich lead in New Hampshire, narrow gap nationally

WASHINGTON, DC - A Fox News survey finds that Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (D) and President Donald Trump (R) remain the national front-runners for their party's presidential nominations in 2020, though both have seen their leads reduced and in New Hampshire, both men now face an uphill climb. On the Democratic side, 28% of Democrats nationally say Biden is their choice for President, with New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio now polling at 22%. U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey remains at 15% nationally, followed by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti  at 12%. Other Democratic candidates are in single digits. Biden leads DeBlasio in Iowa (29%-23%),  Michigan (32%-20%), and South Carolina (29%-22%). DeBlasio now leads Biden in New Hampshire 29%-25%, with Cory Booker in third at 19%. On the GOP side, President Donald Trump leads Former Ohio Governor John Kasich 53%-35% nationally, as well as in Iowa (62%-32%), Michigan (49%-40%), and South Carolina (72%-25%). However, Kasich leads the President in New Hampshire 48%-20%. In a hypothetical general election, Biden would defeat Trump (55%-32%) as would Booker (44%-40%) and DeBlasio (44%-42%). Kasich would defeat Biden (42%-40%), Booker (47%-40%), or DeBlasio (50%-38%) in a hypothetical general election, according to the survey.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 06:13:16 PM »

How did the midterms go?
BushKerry04

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 01:36:05 PM »

Democrats won Congress but not the U.S. Senate.

January 10, 2020 - Biden, Trump win Iowa

WASHINGTON, DC - A Fox News survey finds that Former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (D) and President Donald Trump (R) remain the national front-runners for their party's presidential nominations in 2020, as Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio (D) and Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich (R) have continued to gain momentum. On the Democratic side, 35% of Democrats nationally say Biden is their choice for President, with New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio now polling at 28%. U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey has seen a small surge in support, with 17% of Democrats nationally saying he's their choice for President. Biden leads DeBlasio in four upcoming primaries and caucuses, with DeBlasio leading Biden in one. Biden leads DeBlasio and Booker in Florida (37%-29%-20%), Michigan (36%-32%-25%), Colorado (35%-30%-27%), and Missouri (35%-33%-28%) as DeBlasio leads Biden and Booker in Nevada (40%-30%-19%). In Minnesota, Biden and DeBlasio are tied at 29%, with Booker at 21%. On the GOP side, President Donald Trump enjoys leads over John Kasich nationally (60%-35%), in Florida (48%-42%), Michigan (55%-38%), Colorado (58%-37%), Missouri (65%-20%), Nevada (58%-29%), and Minnesota (61%-21%). The survey also finds that President Trump is behind Biden (50%-38%), DeBlasio (47%-43%), and Booker (47%-40%) in a potential general election. However, Kasich defeats all of the Democrats, he leads Biden (47%-40%), DeBlasio (49%-39%), and Booker (49%-41%) in a hypothetical general election race.
BushKerry04

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »

February 4, 2020 - Biden sweeps contests as Delaney withdrawals and backs Biden; Trump easily wins Nevada, wins close race in Florida

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Democrats in Florida and Nevada voted to nominate Joe Biden for President. Winning both states with a coalition of moderates, women, and elderly voters, Biden defeated opponents Bill DeBlasio and Cory Booker 40%-25%-23% in Florida and 35%-28%-21% in Nevada's caucuses. On the GOP side, President Donald Trump easily defeated opponent John Kasich in Nevada's caucuses, defeating the 69th Governor of Ohio 65%-34%. In Florida, Trump defeated Kasich in a much closer race, 51%-48%. Kasich won strong support amongst non-white and college educated voters in Florida and carried Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Orange Counties while remaining competitive in other southern counties. Maryland Congressman John DeLaney withdrew from the presidential race and endorsed Joe Biden for President.

February 11, 2020 - Biden wins Michigan, Colorado, and Missouri as DeBlasio wins Minnesota; Trump sweeps contests

DETRIOT, MI - Former Vice President Joe Biden won Democratic presidential nominating contests in Michigan, Colorado, and Missouri. Biden defeated DeBlasio and Booker 45%-30%-23% in Michigan and 37%-33%-23% in Colorado. In Missouri, Biden placed first with 38%, followed by Booker with 30% and DeBlasio with 24%. DeBlasio easily won Minnesota's caucuses, defeating Biden and Booked 55%-25%-15%. On the GOP side, President Donald Trump defeated John Kasich 52%-47% in Michigan, 65%-34% in Colorado, 70%-28% in Missouri, and 67%-32% in Minnesota.

February 12, 2020 - Sources: Kasich pressured to run as independent, met with moderate GOP leaders

WASHINGTON, DC - Anonymous sources familiar with the situation told CNN that several establishment Republican and independent leaders met with John Kasich and urged the 69th Governor of Ohio to withdrawal from the GOP presidential primary and instead run for President as an independent. Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol, Public Affairs Strategist Steve Schmidt, Former U.S. Senators Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Bob Corker (R-TN), Gordon J. Humphrey (R-NH), and Former Governors Marc Raciot (R-MN), Christie Todd Whitman (R-NJ), and Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA) were all present at the meeting, according to sources. The sources claim that Kristol and Raciot insisted they could help raise funds to finance a campaign, while Flake and Humphrey insisted Kasich has a "moral obligation" to offer moderate Republicans an alternative to Trump. Kasich, according to the sources, is open to the concept but has not made a decision.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 06:43:46 PM »

With so many states that already voted until now, I was wondering have you done Super Tuesday? If not, I guess it is schedule in early March, right?
BushKerry04

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »

With so many states that already voted until now, I was wondering have you done Super Tuesday? If not, I guess it is schedule in early March, right?

Here it is.....

February 15, 2020 - BREAKING: Garcetti exits presidential race, endorses Joe Biden at Illinois event

CHICAGO, IL - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced that he would withdrawal from the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination and would support Former Vice President Joe Biden for President during a Biden for President event in Chicago, Illinois. "My campaign has been about giving voice to those who do not have someone looking out for them in government. This campaign has never been about me, it's been about winning this election and taking on special interests in Washington D.C. I respect that Democratic primary voters have voted for other candidates, and I'm here today with one of those candidates. Joe Biden has spent his entire career fighting for working families and a stronger middle class. So today, I am announcing that I am ending my campaign for President and will support Joe Biden for President of the United States" Garcetti stated.

February 18, 2020 - McMullin to consider 2nd independent presidential bid; 2016 candidate says he will not run if Kasich wins the GOP nomination

WASHINGTON, DC - Evan McMullin, who sought the presidency as an independent in 2016, told CNN that he would consider running for President again, especially if John Kasich doesn't secure the GOP presidential nomination. "I think the country faces the same issues we faced in 2016, only the economy is in much better shape and we need to focus on helping us continue to experience growth," McMullin stated. "I am considering another run for President, to be clear I will not be a candidate if Governor John Kasich secures the GOP nomination," he added.

March 2, 2020 - Biden wins 8 contests as DeBlasio wins 2; Trump wins 9 contests as Kasich wins Vermont

Alaska:
GOP - Trump 61% Kasich 38%
DEM - Biden 50% DeBlasio 30% Booker 19%

North Dakota:
GOP - Trump 70% Kasich 29%
DEM - Biden 62% DeBlasio 25% Booker 12%

Georgia:
GOP - Trump 65% Kasich 34%
DEM - Biden 55% Booker 25% DeBlasio 19%

Oklahoma:
GOP - Trump 67% Kasich 32%
DEM - Biden 60% DeBlasio 25% Booker 14%

Texas:
GOP - Trump 68% Kasich 31%
DEM - Biden 50% DeBlasio 30% Booker 19%

Illinois:
GOP - Trump 53% Kasich 46%
DEM - Biden 48% DeBlasio 30% Booker 21%

Massachusetts:
GOP - Trump 60% Kasich 39%
DEM - Biden 40% DeBlasio 39% Booker 20%

Wyoming:
GOP - Trump 50% Kasich 48%
DEM - Biden 70% Booker 15% DeBlasio 14%

Vermont:
GOP - Kasich 50% Trump 49%
DEM - DeBlasio 51% Biden 31% Booker 17%

Maine:
GOP - Trump 55% Kasich 44%
DEM - DeBlasio 42% Biden 38% Booker 19%

March 5, 2020 - Survey from Super Tuesday Exit Polls: Trump wins across demographic, geographic lines beyond younger voters; Biden leads but DeBlasio and Booker still formidable; Biden, Kasich do best on personal attributes

WASHINGTON, DC - Analysis of Super Tuesday exit polling conducting by CNN finds that President Donald Trump has strong support across multiple demographic and geographic groups, though opponent John Kasich has a commanding lead over Trump amongst voters aged 18-34. Trump has especially strong support from the elderly, white voters, those without a college degree, and those residing in rural communities. For his part, Kasich has an especially commanding lead over Trump with Republican primary voters ages 18-34, and also leads Trump with non-white and urban voters. On the Democratic side, Former Vice President Joe Biden leads opponents Bill DeBlasio and Cory Booker across several demographic and geographical groups. Biden has the strongest support from women, moderates, suburban voters, those ages 34 and above, and those without a college degree. New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio does best with those ages 18-34, progressives and rural voters. DeBlasio and Cory Booker are tied with urban voters, and all three candidates do about equally well with non-white voters. While a strong majority (77%-22%) of Republicans believe President Donald Trump shares their values and a similarly strong majority (72%-27%) believe he is the stronger leader of the two candidates, a majority (60%-38%) believe John Kasich is the more honest candidate and a slightly smaller majority (55%-44%) believe Kasich has the most experience. On the Democratic side, Democrats are divided between Biden and DeBlasio (38%-37%) as to who shares their values, while a majority of Democrats (62%) believe Biden would be the strongest leader of the three candidates. A clear majority of Democrats (72%) believe Biden is the most honest of the candidates and an even stronger majority (85%) believe Biden has the most experience of the candidates. Additionally, a majority of Republicans (55%) believe John Kasich has the best chance of winning the general election, while a majority (62%) of Democrats say the same of Biden.

LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

Not to be rude or anything, but I find it hard to believe that not a single woman runs in the Democratic party in a 2020 primary.
Joey1996

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2018, 08:24:21 AM »

Not to be rude or anything, but I find it hard to believe that not a single woman runs in the Democratic party in a 2020 primary.

Same, found it odd that de Blasio would be the frontrunner for the progressive wing and not Warren
BushKerry04

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 11:24:51 AM »

Same, found it odd that de Blasio would be the frontrunner for the progressive wing and not Warren

No one is being rude, I appreciate the feedback. While some of this timeline is based on what could happen, other aspects are not. I don't think Warren will run for President.

Also, sorry for not keeping up with this. Life has been busy!

March 7, 2020 - BREAKING: Booker to seek re-election, ends presidential bid and backs Biden

NEWARK, NJ - U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey ended his campaign for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination and endorsed Joe Biden for President. "Joe Biden has what it takes to win the general election and fight for working families and equality in our country," Booker said of Biden. The Senator also said he would seek re-election to the United States Senate.

March 12, 2020 - Trump, Biden sweep southern primaries

NEW ORLEANS, LA - Republican President Donald J. Trump and Democratic Former Vice President Joe Biden won presidential primaries in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Trump defeated opponent John Kasich 70%-29% in Alabama, 65%-34% in Mississippi, and 60%-39% in Louisiana. Biden defeated opponent Bill DeBlasio 77%-22% in Alabama, 72%-37% in Mississippi, and 56%-43% in Louisiana.

March 19, 2020 - Kasich wins Ohio as Trump wins Nebraska and Puerto Rico; Biden sweeps trio of contests

COLUMBUS, OH - Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich defeated President Donald Trump by a 53%-46% margin to win Ohio's GOP presidential primary, as Trump defeated Kasich 65%-34% in Nebraska and 60%-39% in Puerto Rico. On the Democratic side, Joe Biden defeated Bill DeBlasio 60%-39% in Ohio, 67%-32% in Nebraska, and 51%-48% in Puerto Rico. Exit polling continues to show Kasich performing best amongst moderates, younger voters, and those with a college degree as the President dominates amongst the elderly, white voters, and those without a college degree. On the Democratic side, Biden is strongest with moderates, those residing in suburbs, and those without a college degree as DeBlasio's base of support comes from younger voters, those with a college degree, and non-white voters.

March 25, 2020 - Biden, Trump sweep contests in California, Pennsylvania, and Delaware

DOVER, DE - Former Vice President Joe Biden and President Donald Trump won presidential nominating contests in California, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Biden defeated opponent Bill DeBlasio 52%-47% in California, 60%-39% in Pennsylvania, and 82%-17% in Delaware. The President defeated opponent John Kasich 55%-44% in California, 58%-41% in Pennsylvania, and 60%-39% in Delaware.

March 27, 2020 - BREAKING: DeBlasio withdrawals, endorses Biden; Former Vice President becomes Democratic Presidential Nominee

"Throughout the course of this campaign, I've traveled the country talking about a progressive vision for America's future. I have said time and time again that our party and our country need a new progressive vision so that we can have an economy that works for all of us and social policies that stop this President's complete disregard for diversity in America. I'm proud of the fact that our campaign secured the support of millions of voters across the country and that we were able to have a grassroots network of progressives supporting our cause. That said, mathematically it is unlikely that we can win this nomination without having a brokered convention. I believe such a convention would divide our party and strengthen our opponents. Therefore, I have decided to suspend my campaign for President and endorse Joe Biden as the nominee of the Democratic Party for President. Joe and I have our differences, but I trust him to fight for working families as President of the United States. I am not only supporting him, but will do everything I can to help him win this November" - Mayor of New York City Bill DeBlasio

"I want to thank my loving family, dedicated campaign team, and voters across the country for helping us win the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. I also want to thank President Barack Obama for his friendship and supporting during the course of this campaign. Thank you to Mayor Bill DeBlasio, Senator Cory Booker, and all of the other Democrats who sought this nomination for your service to our country and for running honorable campaigns. Together, we have brought our message of stopping Donald Trump's assault on our values and strengthening America across the land, and the voters have responded by voting in historic numbers. Now, I ask all of you to join me in bringing our message to Americans in large cities and small towns across this great country. For my entire adult life, I've fought to give everyone a voice in government and an equal opportunity to have the chance to realize the American dream. When Barack Obama and I took office, our economy was losing jobs every month, we weren't making the proper investments in our infrastructure, 50 million Americans didn't have health insurance, and our nation was at war. We managed to get our country out of recession by investing in infrastructure, green energy, education, and health care. We managed to begin withdrawing U.S. forces from Afghanistan and Iraq in a way that protected our interests and brought more of our troops home. Together, as Americans, we revived our economy and restored America's standing in the world. We strengthened the safety net for millions of Americans and made sure the values of equality and justice for all that made this country great were protected. Today, unfortunately, we have a President of the United States who has not only undone the progress we made, but who has reversed course on the work of several prior administrations. I'm running for President because I want to use my experience to strengthen America by restoring our leadership in the world, empowering our middle class to be successful, making sure our safety net is there for everyone who needs it, investing in our infrastructure, and guaranteeing that our justice system protects everyone equally under the law. I'm asking for your support" - Former Vice President Joe Biden, Democratic Presidential Nominee 

March 28, 2020 - SOURCES: Ten names being considered for Biden's running-mate

DOVER, DE - According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, Former Vice President Joe Biden's presidential campaign will vet a dozen Democrats as potential running-mates for Biden. Former Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick, U.S. Senator Kristen Gillibrand of New York, U.S. Senator and Former Presidential Hopeful Cory Booker, U.S. Senator and Former Presidential Hopeful Sherrod Brown, Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam, Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Wolf, Businessman Mark Cuban, Former Mayor of Philadelphia Michael Nutter, U.S. Senator Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada, and Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter are all being considered as potential Biden running-mates and are in the process of being vetted by the campaign, the sources confirmed.
BushKerry04

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »

April 4, 2020 - BREAKING: With wins in Indiana, Kansas, and New York, Trump secures GOP presidential nomination, Kasich concedes defeat

"While I congratulate the President of the United States on securing the nomination of our party, I can't and won't endorse his campaign for re-election at this time. I respect the will of Republican voters and will decide who to support in the fall at a later date. My campaign has been about bringing people together to solve problems like the national debt, the need to pass comprehensive immigration reform that embraces both legal immigration and the rule of law, taking on the drug epidemic, restoring our leadership position in the world, and protecting medicare and social security for seniors and future generations. I believe today, as I did when we began this campaign, that the need to bring people together is crucial if we want to solve problems. For far too long, our country has been divided. Those divisions have been exploited by politicians more concerned about the next election instead of worrying about doing the right thing or fixing things for future generations. As a young man, I decided I wanted to enter public service because people deserve leaders who are less focused on political considerations and more focused on service above self. In Congress and in Ohio, I tried to lead by example by working with both Democrats and Republicans. It's that message of hope and unity I spoke with people across the country about during the course of this campaign, and people responded by giving our campaign more support than any other primary challenger to an incumbent President in history. Together, let's unite our country and solve problems" - John Kasich

"Once again, for a second time, we've defied the establishment and won the nomination of the Republican Party for a second term. Since I've been President, America has seen more jobs, more security, and our values have been protected. Our workers are being treated fairly, our border is more secure, our military is stronger, we are taking care of our vets, and we have appointed the best justices ever. Across America, our movement to continue to keep America great has resonated with voters. As the nominee for a second term and as leader of the free world, I promise to continue what we've done and do even more. The Democrats and Joe Biden want open borders and amnesty, high taxes, trade deals that are unfair to our workers, and they want to destroy our economy with regulation. We have to win this election to keep America great, I think we will win because Joe Biden wants to bring us back to the Obama years when we were losing jobs and  we were not respected in the world, we have restored our standing in the world since I've been President. I'm honored to have secured this nomination, and I won't let you down" - President Donald J. Trump, Republican Presidential Nominee

May 1, 2020 - BREAKING: In historic move, Biden selects Kasich as running-mate; Kasich to abandon GOP

COLUMBUS, OH - Former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Presidential Nominee, selected Former Governor and GOP Presidential Hopeful John Kasich as his running-mate in the 2020 election. Kasich announced he will leave the Republican Party and register as a Democrat. "John Kasich and I don't agree on every issue, but we do believe that we have to unite the country and improve the lives of every American. In Ohio, John worked with both parties to balance budgets, cut taxes, expand medicaid, and encouraged more legal immigration as the President sought to create hysteria about immigrants. I think John's record and his experience is exactly what America needs in a Vice President," Biden said of his running-mate.

May 5, 2020 - Survey: Biden leads Trump by double-digits nationally, in swing states

WASHINGTON, DC - Just days after Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden selected Former GOP Presidential Hopeful John Kasich as his running-mate, a new CNN/WSJ poll finds Biden leads Republican President Donald J. Trump by double-digits nationally and in important swing states. Nationally, Biden leads the President 49%-37%. He also leads Trump in Florida (48%-42%), Virginia (48%-36%), Colorado (47%-38%), Nevada (48%-37%), Iowa (47%-42%), Wisconsin (49%-39%), Michigan (48%-40%), New Hampshire (51%-39%), New Mexico (52%-38%), Pennsylvania (50%-38%), and Ohio (49%-41%). However, the President still maintains a small lead in North Carolina (46%-44%).

May 10, 2020 - BREAKING: McMullin declines third party presidential bid, endorses Joe Biden for President 

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Evan McMullin, who ran for President as an independent in 2016 and said he'd do so again in 2020 if John Kasich didn't secure the GOP presidential nomination, announced that he would support the Biden/Kasich ticket instead. "I am a Republican-leaning independent, but I think making sure Donald Trump loses in the election of 2020 is critical to restore America's standing in the world and get back to focusing on how to improve the lives of Americans here at home. Therefore, despite my ideological disagreements with Joe Biden, I will vote for him because I trust John Kasich as Vice President and respect Joe's commitment to unifying the country," McMullin told reporters. 
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 01:53:46 PM »

Wow. Certainly a unique scenario!
BushKerry04

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »

Thank you!

August 1, 2020 - Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Some of you here tonight and watching at home may ask why a lifelong Republican would accept Joe Biden's invitation to run for Vice President on the Democratic ticket. The answer is simple, I believe that in an era of too much division and anger in our politics, it's time for people to come together to unite our country and move us forward. While we may not agree on every issue, you will always know where I stand. While we may not have voted the same way in the past, I promise you this: I will be loyal to Joe Biden and our Democratic candidates because I share the same goals as you. I believe, as I know most Americans do, that all should be treated equally, everyone deserves an equal chance at the American dream, and our country does best when we lead the world by promoting free markets, providing a safety net to those who need it, meet our obligations with regards to social security, medicare, and medicaid, and welcome people into our country legally. I did not leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me. This administration's divisive rhetoric, their separating of immigrant families, their cuts to medicaid expansion, their embrace of deficits, and their protectionist trade policies have alienated me and millions of people who think like me. So tonight, I ask Republicans and independents to join me in joining the Democratic Party and helping Joe Biden and I unite our country and move America forward" - Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich, Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

August 2, 2020 - Former Vice President Joe Biden accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"I'm running for President of the United States because I believe this is our moment as Americans to embrace our values and strengthen our country. This is our moment to strengthen our military and commitment to working with our friends across the globe on issues like climate change, human rights, trade, and economic development. This is our moment to strengthen the safety net for those who need it by fully restoring the Affordable Care Act, expanding paid medical leave for all, and preserving social security, medicare, and medicaid. This is our moment to strengthen our commitment to improving our infrastructure by committing $1 trillion over a decade to do so. This is our moment to promote economic growth for everyone, not just the wealthy, by supporting research and development, once again promoting a green energy economy, and investing in education. And this is our moment to protect the rights of every American by strengthening civil rights law, prosecuting those who violate the Equal Pay Act of 1963, and appointing judges who respect judicial precedent and the rights of all. The values held by you, by me, and by the vast majority of our fellow citizens have been undermined by this administration. For eight years, President Barack Obama and I fought to expand health care access to millions of Americans because we know that we have an obligation to care for those who are unable to afford necessities. This administration gutted our investments in health care. We cut taxes on small businesses and the middle class, this administration gave tax breaks to the very wealthy. We put in place policies to combat the climate crisis, this administration has gutted the EPA. We protected consumers by holding the financial industry accountable for their transactions to avoid a repeat of what happened in 2008, this administration reversed our consumer protections. We stood up for equal pay for women and LGBT rights, this administration has appointed justices who do not believe in LGBT rights. Now, you, the American people, have a choice to make. We can continue the course we are on, a course that divides people and lacks compassion. Or we can rise to the challenge, as Americans, to do better for ourselves and future generations. I ask for your help to bring our country together, embrace our values, and build a stronger America" - Former Vice President Joe Biden, Democratic Presidential Nominee

August 9, 2020 - Vice President Mike Pence accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"At their convention in Miami, the Democrats made clear they want to move our country backwards. We know that Americans are better off today than they were in January 2017. Unemployment then was 4.8%, today it's 4.2%. GDP growth was 0.4% then, today it's 3.2%. Over 45 million people were on food stamps in January 2017, today that number has fallen by more than 7 million. Under the previous administration, liberal judges undermined our constitutional rights. Today, we have more judges who interpret the constitution as it was written and defend our religious liberty. Four years ago, we had an administration that gave taxpayer funded benefits for those here illegally. Today, we are enforcing our immigration laws, protecting our border, and welcoming people here legally. Before we took office, we had an administration that increased federal involvement in education and medical care. Today, we are giving states and more importantly parents and patients more control over education and health care. Our opponents say this election is about values, and I agree. We believe in empowering people, they believe in empowering the federal bureaucracy. We believe in the defending the constitution, they believe in misinterpreting it. We believe in lower taxes and free markets, they believe in larger and more expensive government. We believe in religious liberty, they believe in political correctness. President Trump and I want to continue to keep America great, and we need your help to take on the political establishment and win a great victory for the American people this November" - Vice President Mike Pence, Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

August 10, 2020 - President Donald J. Trump accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"When I decided to run for President, I knew that I would never be the darling of the political establishment or the main stream media. But I did know, and continue to know, that Americans deserve a President who puts their interests first. Four years ago, we had trade policies that were unfair to our workers, borders that were not properly secured, a military that was being underfunded, a health care system that was failing, and tax policies that didn't help families and businesses get ahead. Today, we have in place great trade deals that have been fair to our workers and businesses, borders that are more secure, our military is stronger than ever and we are taking care of our veterans, our health care system is working for more people, and we passed historic tax relief that has helped job creators greatly. When I was sworn-in as President, I said that those Americans who had been forgotten would be forgotten no more. For four years, we've fought for people who had been forgotten by politicians, special interests, and the main stream media for far too long. Today, Americans are being empowered to do better for themselves and their families. I spent most of my career in business making great deals and creating jobs. I have helped make great deals and create jobs as President. My opponent is a career politician. He's never run a business, balanced a budget, or created jobs. My opponent wants to move our country backwards. I want to keep America great and make us even better than we've ever been. You see, unlike my opponent, I have traveled this great land not only as a candidate, but as an elected official. I've traveled to farms, factories, corner stores, communities struggling, and prosperous suburbs. I've been to places Republicans, or any President in either party for that matter, haven't been too in a long time. I've seen the challenges faced by many when my opponent was Vice President, and now I've seen how our policies are working for the American people. I promise you, once again, that I will always put your interests first and I will be a President for all Americans" - President Donald J. Trump, Republican Presidential Nominee

August 25, 2020 - BREAKING: Former President Bush backs Joe Biden for President during University of Texas speech

AUSTIN, TX - During a lecture series on leadership at the University of Texas, Former President George W. Bush said he would vote for Joe Biden in the general election of 2020. "I don't agree with Vice President Biden on a lot of issues, but I am dissatisfied with how others are using the political divide in our country to their political advantage. I think Vice President Biden can unite the country and I trust that with John Kasich as Vice President, he will work with both parties on important issues," the 43rd President of the United States said.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »

Good timeline.

Just for your information, the 2020 Republican National Convention will take place in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies