UN to send teams to assess migrant treatment in Austria, Italy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:42:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UN to send teams to assess migrant treatment in Austria, Italy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UN to send teams to assess migrant treatment in Austria, Italy  (Read 881 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(...)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/un-teams-to-assess-migrant-treatment-in-austria-italy/2018/09/10/08a4856c-b503-11e8-ae4f-2c1439c96d79_story.html

I agree with Kurz that migrants have it pretty good here and that the UN probe is kinda a joke.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 01:50:22 PM »

well, the UN is kind of a joke (especially any part with "human rights" in the title), so it makes sense.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:54:20 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2018, 02:20:27 AM by coloniac »

If you have nothing to fear then you have nothing to hide.

well, the UN is kind of a joke (especially any part with "human rights" in the title), so it makes sense.

Regardless, it can give some credibility the UN in light of accusations that it is Western-biased. Bachelet's politics are clearly anchored towards representing developing countries concerns about Western bias.

If they weren't visiting Western countries the Putin sycophants such as yourself would be the first to point it out. Its a shame though that it took two of his stooges to attract enough attention regarding human rights abuses.

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:02:20 AM »

Regardless, it can give some credibility the UN in light of accusations that it is Western-biased. Bachelet's politics are clearly anchored towards representing developing countries concerns about Western bias.

If they weren't visiting Western countries the Putin sycophants such as yourself would be the first to point it out. Its a shame though that it took two of his stooges to attract enough attention regarding human rights abuses.

Oh look, another shameless McCarthyist.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 04:17:23 AM »

Oh look, another shameless McCarthyist.

I'm not sure where you had me advocating locking up people for sympathising with Russian foreign policy, or holding radical agendas. What I do not like though is foreign powers trying to divide Europe once again when we know for a historical fact that this doesn't benefit any of our peoples.

If Europe's human rights record starts dwindling as is shown above, we can safely say this is thanks to foreign funded ''patriots'' attempting to carve out a political space on a single issue, while they jetset around the West as the latest hero in the battle against Islam. The culmination of which can be observed in Hungary, which granted was more vulnerable than some other countries given its history, but now has its energy sectors tied to Russian interests, a neo-patrimonial state involved in the market, and a dwindling political space and independent justice system. Its not quite the dystopia some alarmists on the left like to paint it as, but I'll take my failed state over that any day.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »

dead0 is... not a Putin fanboy?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 08:09:38 AM »

well, it makes sense as I'm also part of the alt-right and a Trump voter. Roll Eyes

You get called a lot of things if you don't toe the party line, as I'm sure you know.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies