FL: Rasmussen: Sen. Nelson (D) +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:10:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL: Rasmussen: Sen. Nelson (D) +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL: Rasmussen: Sen. Nelson (D) +1  (Read 3772 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 12:36:41 AM »

Im not going to jump because Rasmussen shows Nelson ahead, but I am going to say that the people on Atlas that thought Nelson was some senile weakling and that Scott was going to take this has soooo much egg on their face.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »

Nelson is really underperforming Gillum at this moment. But I guess it's more correct to say DeSantis is underperforming Scott.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 03:02:54 PM »

Nelson +1 is good for a poll that leans conservative.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2018, 03:41:44 PM »

Still a tossup. Both candidates have a lot of work to do
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »

If this poll has any merit, it will be euphoric to see both Rick Scott and Scott Walker lose.

Hopefully "Scott" will be a cursed name in 2018 much like "Mark" was for the Democrats in 2014.

Unlikely that this parallel will work, since Phil Scott seems pretty safe.

I forgot about him. Damn, there are a lot of "Scotts" in Republican politics aren't there? "Ricks" too. It figures that they would have a guy named Rick Scott in their ranks.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »

I can't believe there are enough voters making over $200,000 that they can be polled as a separate category. Vile.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2018, 10:13:34 PM »

Are people here really spiking the football over a 1 point "lead" in a Rasmussen poll?

I mean, I'm happier than anyone that this race is now a dead heat, but come on. It was just a few weeks ago that I had to constantly argue that this race wasn't lean R, but now Nelson is inevitable? Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2018, 10:14:35 PM »

It is pretty satisfying to know Scott lit tens of millions of his own money on fire for basically nothing.

Was it for nothing? I'm pretty sure had he spent nothing he'd be significantly behind Nelson right now.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »

Are people here really spiking the football over a 1 point "lead" in a Rasmussen poll?

I mean, I'm happier than anyone that this race is now a dead heat, but come on.
(R)asmussen tends to cook the numbers in favor of the GOP, so Nelson's probably slightly more ahead.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2018, 10:19:18 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2018, 10:26:46 PM by IceSpear »

I mean, I'm happier than anyone that this race is now a dead heat, but come on.
(R)asmussen tends to cook the numbers in favor of the GOP, so Nelson's probably slightly more ahead.

Polls of this race since the primary: D+1, Tie, Tie, Tie, R+2, D+1

They're perfectly in line with the consensus, so unskewing it makes zero sense. In fact, they actually give Gillum his biggest lead of ANY of those six polls.

If five different pollsters show someone up 5 points, then that person releases an internal showing them up 5 points, it doesn't make much sense to say "guess it's a tie then because of the internal rule!" when the preponderance of all available evidence suggests that they really are up 5 points.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2018, 10:31:27 PM »

It is pretty satisfying to know Scott lit tens of millions of his own money on fire for basically nothing.

Was it for nothing? I'm pretty sure had he spent nothing he'd be significantly behind Nelson right now.

But even so, what is the point of spending all that money just to spend an insignificant stretch of time ahead, only to start falling behind later on anyway? I think it would have been better to just save money for the last 6-7 weeks of the campaign. Pound the airwaves/internet with ads and invest the extra money in a state of the art field operation. (Or just save the money because prob going to lose anyway Tongue)

I dunno about you but I'm not convinced dumping millions upon millions of dollars in ads many months before election day actually does anything useful. Research on political ads show their meager effects wear off pretty quickly, which contradicts the idea of "defining your opponent early" - at least via advertisements.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2018, 10:44:02 PM »

But even so, what is the point of spending all that money just to spend an insignificant stretch of time ahead, only to start falling behind later on anyway? I think it would have been better to just save money for the last 6-7 weeks of the campaign. Pound the airwaves/internet with ads and invest the extra money in a state of the art field operation. (Or just save the money because prob going to lose anyway Tongue)

I dunno about you but I'm not convinced dumping millions upon millions of dollars in ads many months before election day actually does anything useful. Research on political ads show their meager effects wear off pretty quickly, which contradicts the idea of "defining your opponent early" - at least via advertisements.

Yeah, it would be better to save money for later...if money is a finite resource. Sadly, that's not a problem for the Medicare Fraudster. He can spend as much Medicare fraud blood money as he wants, so why not? Beating up his opponents and defining them early before they could effectively respond was part of how he won his previous two elections (and primary in 2010) despite being such a toxic candidate, so it only makes sense he'd think "why fix what's not broken?" Though even with drastically outspending them and riding the wave both times he still only managed to get 1 point wins, showing what a horrible candidate he truly is. Unfortunately, apparently responding well to a hurricane can completely turn around your image. If it hadn't, Nelson would be burying him right now due to being a much stronger candidate than Sink/Crist, along with the fact that the wind is now in Scott's face rather than at his back.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 09:36:20 AM »

Nelson +1 is good for a poll that leans conservative.

You people realize that they have Gillum up 6, right? And it’s still one of the better polls for Nelson.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2018, 03:26:43 PM »

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »

I can't believe there are enough voters making over $200,000 that they can be polled as a separate category. Vile.

Something something wealth hoarding something something immoral thievery something something revolution something
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »

Something something wealth hoarding something something immoral thievery something something revolution something

This but unironically.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2018, 11:07:14 AM »

It's not like 200K per year makes someone an oligarch.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies