Troubling Times - A 1968 Presidential Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:48:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Troubling Times - A 1968 Presidential Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Troubling Times - A 1968 Presidential Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 29250 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« on: October 24, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »

C. Douglas Dillon's announcement speech in Boston, Massachusetts

Hello, my fellow Americans. This is a time of deep division in this great country. Racial injustices, high poverty and a war in Vietnam dividing our citizens.

We need someone with the experience to fix America and I believe I am that kind of leader. I was Secretary of Treasury under President Kennedy and it was under my watch as Secretary of Treasury that President Kennedy cut taxes, which brought positive results for the economy and encouraged stronger job creation and stronger GDP. That's why I will fight to keep taxes low for the sake of the promotion of free enterprise for a stronger economy. Due to my career as U.S. Ambassador to France and as U.S. Under Secretary of State, I have the necessary foreign policy experience to keep our country safe and to win the Vietnam War for the sake of the defense of freedom, democracy and justice. And I will fight to promote civil rights for all Americans and that's why I'm running for President.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 08:59:36 AM »

Dillon will attempt to register for the ballots in Pennsylvania and Indiana.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2018, 01:26:22 PM by UWS »

C. Douglas Dillon's campaign schedule

April 3
-Campaign fundraising in Dallas, Texas

April 4
-Fly to Memphis, Tennessee
-Civil Rights policy speech in Memphis, Tennessee in response to Martin Luther King's assassination :

I have respect for Senator Robert Kennedy and his family's legacy and I am proud to have worked with him in his brother's administration. But in this campaign, we have to understand the difference between their records. I am proud to have, as Secretary of Treasury, worked with President Kennedy to cut taxes for the American people in order to encourage economic growth, which brought positive results for the economy. Thanks to President Kennedy's tax cuts, the economy accelerated and prospered, the GDP expanded by an average of 5.5% from early 1961 to late 1963, inflation was down at around 1 %, the unemployment rate declined from 6.6 % to 5.6 % during Kennedy's two years in the White House, industrial production rose by 15 % and motor vehicle sales rose by 40 %.

But here's the difference between President Kennedy and his brother Robert Francis Kennedy who is now seeking the presidency and is apparently very likely to win the Democratic nomination. Their main difference is on how to handle the economy and create jobs. Senator Kennedy wants to raise taxes and regulations on the American people and on businesses across this country, which will aweaken the economy by killing jobs, decreasing the American people's purchasing power, making America a harder place to do business and shipping businesses overseas. As we now have a 3.5 % unemployment rate, I believe we have a chance to get our country to full employment but Senator Kennedy's liberal job-killing agenda will spoil that potential through tax increases that will reduce our businesses' productivity and ability to create jobs. That's not the right answer for America. But unlike Senator Kennedy, I have the experience to handle economic issues, to create jobs and to balance the budget.

That's why I will, as President, fight to cut taxes for all the people, to champion small businesses, to open more trade through the pursuit of our quest for open markets around the world and to balance the budget, which will ensure stronger job creation and a stronger economy and lead America to a bright and prosperous future by getting us to full employment and that's why I'm asking for your vote.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.

April 13-16
-Rest
-Dillon celebrates Easter with his family and supporters

April 17
-Meet with voters in Wilmington, Delaware
-Tax policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware
-Space race policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware
-Vietnam War policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware
-Meet with voters in New Castle, Delaware

April 18
-Meet with voters in Newark, Delaware
-Education policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Meet with voters in Milford, Delaware
-Meet with voters in Dover, Delaware
-Civil rights policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Economic policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-National defense policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Meet with voters in Harrington, Delaware

April 19
-Meet with voters in Georgetown, Delaware
-Infrastructure policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Meet with voters in Seaford, Delaware
-Trade policy speech in Seaford, Delaware
-Foreign policy speech in Seaford, Delaware
-Meet with voters in Lewes, Delaware

April 20
-Meet with voters in Indianapolis, Indiana
-Tax cut policy speech in Indianapolis, Indiana
-Economic policy speech in Indianapolis, Indiana
-Civil rights policy speech in Indianapolis, Indiana where Dillon slams Barry Goldwater on his vote against the 1964 Civil Rights Act and reiterates his promise to fight for the rights and freedom of all Americans of all origins and all racial groups
-Foreign policy speech in Indianapolis, Indiana
-Fundraising event in Fort Wayne, Indiana

April 21
-Meet with voters in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Manufacturing policy speech in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Vietnam War policy speech in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Meet with voters in South Bend, Indiana
-Meet with voters in Evansville, Indiana
-Agriculture policy speech in Evansville, Indiana

April 22
-Meet with voters in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
-Meet with voters in Bethleem, Pennsylvania

April 23
-GOTV efforts in Pennsylvania and Delaware
-Watch the results of the primaries
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2018, 03:48:00 PM by UWS »

Dillon's ? Prosperity Through Leadership ? Campaign Ad

In an effort to attract undecided voters in the upcoming key primary states, C. Douglas Dillon's campaign broadcasts an ad underlining Dillon's experience as Secretary of Treasury in the Kennedy Administration in order to describe Dillon as the best candidate to grow the economy and get America to prosperity.

The ad titled ? Prosperity Through Leadership ? airs in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Ohio and Nebraska

? Prosperity Through Leadership ? ad narration :

Narrator : In these times of growing poverty and national division, time has come for real leadership.

That's why as President C. Douglas Dillon will promote free enterprise and fiscal responsibility. He will grow the economy by cutting taxes for all the people and businesses across this country, by making America the best place in the world to start a business, by opening more trade through the pursuit of our quest for open markets around the world and by balancing the budget, which will ensure stronger job creation and a stronger economy and lead America to a bright and prosperous future by getting us to full employment.

Time has come for proven leadership for the sake of our economy and prosperity. Vote for C. Douglas Dillon.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2018, 05:05:33 PM by UWS »

Dillon's « Victory » Campaign Ad

In an effort to stop Clifford Case's momentum in the upcoming primary states and to attract voters who selected foreign policy as the most important issue of this election, C. Douglas Dillon's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Clifford Case on his opposition to the Vietnam War and describing Dillon's plan to win the Vietnam War and keep America safe.

The ad titled «  Victory » airs in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Massachusetts, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, West Virginia, Florida, Oregon, California, South Dakota and Illinois

« Victory » ad narration :

Narrator : In the last few years, Clifford Case has proven to be on the wrong side of America's national security.

After he once supported the Vietnam War, a fight aimed at stopping the communists from dominating Vietnam and at keeping America safe, Senator Case is now opposing the Vietnam War, has called the Vietnam War unwinnable and has even advocated our troops' withdrawal from Vietnam.

Instead of fighting for what's right for America and its allies, keep America safe and lead us to victory in the Cold War, Clifford Case would rather allow the USSR, the Vietcong and communists to pursue their Domino Theory, to conquer all of Asia and to use this continent as a base to invade America through land attacks here at home and through nuclear attacks, which could help them to win the Cold War. We can't let that happen.

Clifford Case, wrong and weak on foreign policy and national security.

But fortunately, C. Douglas Dillon has the best plan to win the Vietnam War. As former U.S. Ambassador to France and as former Under Secretary of State in the Eisenhower Administration, he has the best foreign policy experience to lead America to victory.

As President, Dillon will further reinforce and modernize our military in order to ensure our troops' readiness against the Vietcong and he will order a U.S. military land offensive against North Vietnam from the South China Sea in order to capture Hanoi (the capital of North Vietnam which is close from the coast), thus forcing North Vietnam, the Vietcong and their allies to surrender and handing victory to America and its allies. That's how we're going to stop the Domino Theory, stop the Asian continent from becoming a Soviet base to attack America and lead the United States and their allies to victory in the Cold War.

The choice for this election : weakness, capitulation and defeat or strength, security and victory.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »

C. Douglas Dillon's primary night speech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thank you so very much my friends.

I did not expect such a strong performance. We may not have won tonight but with this strong third place finish, I consider it as a victory. We knocked on doors of millions of Pennsylvanians in order to bring our message of hope and optimism calling for prosperity for all Americans through the promotion of tax reform and free enterprise and calling for a strong America through a strong military and strong alliances in order to win the Vietnam War and the Cold War.

Thanks to my experience, we're going to move America forward, create jobs and prosperity, keep us safe and defend the Civil Rights of all Americans and we can't do it without your support. That's why we will give everything we got in the remaining primary states and together we will win this nomination and the Presidency of the United States.

Thank you. God bless you. God bless Pennsylvania and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 03:36:02 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2018, 03:55:21 PM by UWS »

April 24
-Meet with voters in Boston, Massachusetts
-Economic policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Free trade policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Foreign policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Civil Rights policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Education policy speech at Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts

April 25
-Energy policy speech at General Electric headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts
-Meet with voters in Worcester, Massachusetts
-Health care policy speech in Worcester, Massachusetts
-Space policy speech in Worcester, Massachusetts

April 26
-Meet with voters Springfield, Massachusetts
-Foreign policy speech given by Dillon surrogate Admiral John S. McCain II in Springfield, Massachusetts :

Here we are, in Northwest Indiana, a region that is the largest steel producing center in the U.S. and accounted 27 % of American-made steel. The moreover that Indiana is the fifth largest corn-producing state in this country. All of this success was possible because Indiana believes in small government, low taxes, capitalism and free enterprise. That's why I will, as President, fight to reducethe size of government, to cut taxes for all Americans like we did under my watch as Secretary of Treasury with President Kennedy, to make America the best place in the world to do business, to promote free trade with our allies and to take advantage of all of America's sources of energy. If this kind of plan worked in Indiana, it can work all across this country. That's why I'm calling on you, my friends, to follow me in this journey in order to make the American people achievable again and to give to every American a fair chance to find a good-paying job and to prosper.

Thank you God bless you and God bless America.

April 29
-Meet with voters in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Free trade policy speech in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Small government policy speech in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Gun rights policy speech in Fort Wayne, Indiana
-Meet with voters in Evansville, Indiana
-Energy policy speech in Evansville, Indiana
-Foreign policy speech in Evansville, Indiana

April 30
-Meet with voters in Boston, Massachusetts
-GOTV efforts in Massachusetts
-Watch the primary results at Dillon's victory party
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 08:17:35 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2018, 08:25:53 PM by UWS »

C. Douglas Dillon's speech in response to Clifford Case's attack ad in Boston, Massachusetts

Clifford Case has decided in a desperate attempt to derail us to engage into dirty tricks. This war is aimed at keeping America safe and to defend peace, stability, democracy and freedom around the world. The communists and the Viet Cong are trying to accomplish their Domino Theory and to use Asia as a base to attack America, which could lead them to victory against us in the Cold War. We can't afford them to do that. And yet Senator Case has once againshown his pessimism. Pessimism has never made us safe. Let me remind you, Senator, that we never lost a battle in Vietnam. So if we keep working with our allies, keep our military strong and keep going after those communists insurgents, we will win the Vietnam War.

Now I find it strange that Senator Case attacks me on my position on Vietnam because he has himself supported the Vietnam War before now opposing it, calling it unwinnable and calling for our troops' withdrawal while they are fighting over there for the defense of democracy, freedom and peace. So Senator Case has flip-flopped on the Vietnam War and I guess it was the public opinion that forced him to shift his position on this major foreign policy issue. But that is not putting America first, this is playing self-interest ambitions. It shows how much Case is ready to say or do anything to win votes and to get elected. But unlike him, I would rather lose an election than seeing my country losing a war!

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

And that is why I intend to put America first before my own interests and to fight to keep America and our military strong, to work with our allies and to keep going after those communist insurgents in Vietnam and that's how we're going to win the War in Vietnam. And I have the right foreign policy experience to do so and that's why I ask for your vote.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America!

[Crowd cheers and applauds]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 09:35:50 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2018, 09:46:07 PM by UWS »

Dillon's ? Trusted Conservative ? Campaign Ad

In an effort to prevent any momentum by Clifford Case in Massachusettss, C. Douglas Dillon's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad attacking Clifford Case by questionning his conservative credentials due to his support to big labor and to his opposition to right-to-work laws while underlining .

The ad titled ?  Trusted Conservative ? airs in Massachusetts, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, West Virginia, Florida, Oregon, South Dakota, California and Illinois

? Trusted Conservative ? ad narration :

Narrator : Who can be trusted to grow this economy and make it working again? Not Clifford Case.

Senator Case is a strong supporter of labor unions. Instead of standing with hard-working Americans, he sided with big labor unions and opposes right-to-work policies. No wonder that he is a supporter of big labor. By opposing right-to-work policies, Case has shown that he would rather stand with big labor unions than reducing school taxes, delivering better paychecks for workers and promoting higher wages for hard-working Americans, all policies that he is opposing.

Clifford Case, wrong on the economy, too liberal to be trusted on economic issues.

But fortunately, we have a real conservative candidate with the knowledge and experience to turn around the economy. As Secretary of the Treasury, C. Douglas Dillon has architected President Kennedy's tax cuts and worked hard to promote these tax cuts that encouraged job creation and increased wages for American workers, ensured an expansion of the GDP by an average of 5.5 % from early 1961 to late 1963, brought the inflation down to 1 %, reduced the unemployment rate from 6.6 % to below 4 % from 1961 to 1967, allowed a rise of industrial production by 15 % and a rise of motor vehicle sales rose by 40 %.

C. Douglas Dillon, the trusted conservative with the experience and leadership to create jobs and to grow this economy. As President, he will promote tax reform, make America the best place to start a business, open more trade through the pursuit of our quest for open markets around the world and balance the budget. That's how we will pursue job creation and get our country to permanent prosperity and to full-employment.

C. Douglas Dillon for a strong and fair economy for all Americans.

C. Douglas Dillon : I'm C. Douglas Dillon and I approve this message because I'm fighting for your future and that's why I ask for your vote on April 30.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:17:33 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2018, 09:15:59 AM by UWS »

Dillon's Interview with Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes in Worcester, Massachusetts on April 28

Mike Wallace : Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Today I'm hosting Republican presidential hopeful and former Secretary of the Treasury C. Douglas Dillon. Welcome, Secretary!

C. Douglas Dillon : Thank you Mike! It's a great honor.

Wallace : Mr. Dillon, during the course of this campaign, you focused mostly on your credentials on economic issues and foreign policy issues. In the last few months, the actual presidential campaign has turned more on domestic, civil rights and law and order issues and we'd like to know your positions on these issues ahead of the crucial Massachusetts primary. Let's start with the riots around the country. What is your opinion on this subject?

Dillon : Well, these riots are totally understandable because it shows their fury and outrage towards civil rights injustices which ethnic minorities are suffering for a very long time. And it is also an outrage that their leader Martin Luther King was assassinated, which triggered further riots around the country. That's why I'm in favor of the defense and expansion of civil rights for African Americans and other ethnic minorities here in this country because no matter our color, our religious beliefs or our political beliefs we are all Americans.

Wallace : The Johnson Administration has made the War on Poverty one of the most important pillars of its agenda in the last few years. What would you do as President to combat poverty?

Dillon : Well, the Great Society is the political heir of FDR's New Deal and I believe we should judiciously push forward in order to help the poor communities. There is more to be done about it.

Wallace : If you were to appoint new Supreme Court Justices at SCOTUS, what would be your criterias for a new judge?

Dillon : I think that we need to maintain a court balanced between conservatives, moderates and liberals and that no litmus tests are needed. That way we can ensure common grounds and bring the American people together and ensure progress in the advancement of civil rights, the War on Poverty and allow abortion exemptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother.

Wallace : What about the ERA?

Dillon : We need to enshrine the ERA in the U.S. Constitution with a constitutional amendment.

Wallace : And what is your plan for education?

Dillon : No funding for students leaving public schools. We need to encourage the integration in public schools. Federal troops should only be used as a last resort. So I believe that we need more funding for public schools in order to make every student across this country, including those studying in Harvard University, where access to education is the most expansive here in America, can have a fair chance to succeed, to find a decent career and to enter workforce and to find a good-paying job.

Wallace : What is your position about death penalty?

Dillon : I believe it's an issue that should be left to individual states and the Government should only bring it up for Federal cases.

Wallace : Thank you, Mr. Dillon. Let's hope that your answers helped voters to make up their mind. Good night.

Dillon : Thank you Mike for this opportunity to share my opinions on this race with you and all voters watching.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2018, 10:40:42 AM by UWS »

C. Douglas Dillon's Victory Speech in Boston, Massachusetts
Thank you! Thank you so very much!

That is such a great night for our campaign. We knocked on millions of doors here in Massachusetts, in Connecticut and Rhode Island, we listened to the concerns of everyday Americans whether it's on domestic, civil rights, economic and foreign policy issues and we proposed the right solutions to their concerns and we won. And I have all the experience to bring such solutions : with my experience as Secretary of Treasury and in bringing successful tax cuts, we will do it again in order to get this country to permanent prosperity and to full employment and with my experience as Under Secretary of State, Ambassador to France and member of the Executive Committee of the National Security Council  during the Cuban missile crisis, we will keep this country strong and safe against our ennemies and we will win the Cold War.

And I believe it is necessary for us, in this democratic campaign of ideas, to hold an additional primary debate in order to discuss about how to defeat the Democratic nominee, how to fix our nation's problems, to ensure job creation or to keep America safe.

These are exciting primary results that relaunched our campaign and I thank Senator Horward Baker and Governor Ronald Reagan for their endorsements. It shows that I am the candidate who can bring all the wings of this party together as well as all the American people together in this time of deep national division and violent tensions in this country. And that's how we're going to defeat Robert F. Kennedy, Albert Gore or whoever the Democrats will nominate.

Let's bring our message of hope and optimism to Ohio and Indiana and we will convince the American people why we have the best ideas to lead this country and move it forward and make America's future bright.

Thank you. God bless you all, God bless Massachusetts and God bless the United States of America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2018, 12:24:14 PM by UWS »

May 1
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio with Ronald Reagan
-Space policy speech at Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio with Ronald Reagan :

We need a conservative who can unite the Republican Party together and win against whoever the Democrats will nominate. And that requires nominating a candidate of experience, a candidate of results and proven leadership. And I am proud to endorse C. Douglas Dillon.

As Secretary of Treasury, he worked hard to lower the size of government and to reduce taxes just like I did as Governor of California. And you know why? Because he knows that government is not the solution to the problem and that government is the problem itself. During his tenure as Secretary of the Treasury, Dillon architected President Kennedy's tax cuts, policies that drastically grew the economy and reduced the unemployment rate from 7 % to 3.9 % by bringing an increase of productivity and thanks to the promotion of small government, fiscal responsibility and free enterprise. That is the proof that tax cuts are the right solution to our economic challenges. And Secretary Dillon is ready to keep fighting for your future as President of the United States. He will fight to encourage tax reform in order to keep your taxes low so you can earn a stronger purchasing power and a more decent chance to find a good paying job. He will make America the best place to do business, promote free trade for the sake of our economic competitiveness, make sure that America will take the advantage of all of our sources of energy and he will balance the budget. That is the only way to get our country to full-employment, to make America prosperous and to restore and expand the American Dream.

So Ohio, I call on you to come out and vote for C. Douglas Dillon on May 7 for the sake of a bright future for our country. Thank you. God bless Ohio and God bless the United States of America.

May 4
-Debate preparation
-Meet with voters in Dayton, Ohio
-Free enterprise policy speech in Dayton, Ohio
-Energy policy speech in Dayton, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dayton, Ohio
-Health care policy speech at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio
-Foreign policy speech at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Hamilton, Ohio
-Infrastructure policy speech in Hamilton, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Middletown, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Fairfield, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Lebanon, Ohio
-Coal policy speech in Lebanon, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Mason, Ohio
-Agriculture policy speech in Mason, Ohio
-Cold War policy speech in Mason, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Milford, Ohio

May 5
-Meet with voters in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Debate preparation
-Debate with Clifford Case and Barry Glodwater at the University of Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio

May 6
-Economic policy speech at Kroger headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Civil rights policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Foreign policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Trade policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Viet Nam War policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Fundraising event in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Energy policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Tax policy speech in Cincinnati, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Toledo, Ohio
-Economic policy speech at Jeep headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech in Toledo, Ohio
-Dinner with voters at Tony Packo's Cafe in Toledo, Ohio

May 7
-Meet with voters in Maumee, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Oregon, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Port Clinton, Ohio
-Free enterprise policy speech in Port Clinton, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Elyria, Ohio
-Civil Rights policy speech in Elyria, Ohio
-Manufacturing policy speech at Rigid geadquarters in Elyria, Ohio
-Meet with voters in North Ridgeville, Ohio
-Education policy speech in North Ridgeville, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Lorain, Ohio
-Foreign policy speech in Lorain, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Parma, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio
-GOTV efforts in Ohio, Indiana and Washington D.C.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 07:10:14 AM »

Dillon's response to Goldwater in Cincinnati, Ohio

So, Senator Goldwater has called out my « hawkish plans » on Vietnam. Honestly, I find these attacks very laughable since Senator Goldwater has himself suggested that nuclear weapons should be used in Vietnam and also advocated that field commanders in Vietnam should be given the authority to use tactical nuclear weapons even without presidential confirmation.

But the fact is that we need to stand with our allies around the world, including in Vietnam, otherwise, the communists are going to accomplish their Domino Theory and take control of all of the Asian continent and use it as a base to attack America. That's why we need an even stronger U.S. military and to train the South Vietnamese troops in order to make sure that we will obtain victory in Vietnam because this conflict is crucial in winning the Cold War against the Soviet Union.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 11:21:10 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2018, 12:39:12 PM by UWS »

Dillon's Debate Answers
To Former Secretary Dillon : “First of all, Congratulations on your wins in the Massachusetts Primary and Connecticut and Rhode Island Caucuses a few nights ago. Now, let’s get to your first specific question. You are well known to have been the former Secretary of Treasury under the Administration of the late President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and his brother, Robert, is likely going to be the Democratic Nominee this fall. Many are questioning, however, if you’ll be tough on Robert considering the connections you had to his brother. How will you alleviate the fears of those who have spoken this?

Dillon's answer : Moderately tough if not less, but not extremely tough. Like I said, I have respect for Senator Robert Kennedy and his family's legacy and I am proud to have worked with him in his brother's administration. But in this campaign, we have to understand the difference between their records. I am proud to have, as Secretary of Treasury, worked with President Kennedy to cut taxes for the American people in order to encourage economic growth, which brought positive results for the economy. Thanks to President Kennedy's tax cuts, the economy accelerated and prospered, the GDP expanded by an average of 5.5% from early 1961 to late 1963, inflation was down at around 1 %, the unemployment rate declined from 6.6 % to 5.6 % during Kennedy's two years in the White House, industrial production rose by 15 % and motor vehicle sales rose by 40 %.

But here's the difference between President Kennedy and his brother Robert Francis Kennedy who is now seeking the presidency and is apparently very likely to win the Democratic nomination. Their main difference is on how to handle the economy and create jobs. Senator Kennedy wants to raise taxes and regulations on the American people and on businesses across this country, which will aweaken the economy by killing jobs, decreasing the American people's purchasing power, making America a harder place to do business and shipping businesses overseas. As we now have a 3.5 % unemployment rate, I believe we have a chance to get our country to full employment but Senator Kennedy's liberal job-killing agenda will spoil that potential through tax increases that will reduce our businesses' productivity and ability to create jobs. But I have the right experience to handle economic issues, to create jobs and to balance the budget.

That's why I will, as President, fight to cut taxes for all the people, to champion small businesses, to open more trade through the pursuit of our quest for open markets around the world and to balance the budget, which will ensure stronger job creation and a stronger economy and lead America to a bright and prosperous future by getting us to full employment.

To Former Secretary Dillon : “Secretary, your second question is the same as the second question for Senator Case. I want this to be a chance for the both of you to remain civil with one another and so I want you to name at least three things that you think are positive of Dillon and explain why you think those are Positive things.”

Dillon's answer : First of all, I appreciate his record on civil rights, especially with his support to an anti-poll tax measure, a proposal to prevent segregation in the Women's Reserve of the Coast Guard, and the creation of a Fair Employment Practices Commission to prohibit discrimination in the workforce. Secondly, Senator Case is, just like all of us, great patriots who care about our country's future and I condemn Senator McCarthy for his witch hunt and his false accusations against Case according to which he was an adept of communism and was, and I quote, "Stalin's choice for Senator." And finally, what I can say positively about Senator Case is that he is a living proof that we have different wings in our party that will work together in order to reach all of American voters (conservatives, moderates, liberals, independents) of different political beliefs across this country and that's what we will work on no matter who wins the nomination because we are Americans first and we need to finally bring this country in the right direction.

To All Candidates : “Behind every great President is a great Vice President at the ready in the case the worst may happen and for the Vice President, only the best of the best should have the position. Please, name your top five choices for your possible running mate and explain why you think so.”

Dillon's answer : First of all, we need a VP nominee able to increase our reach among all kinds of American voters and with enough experience to be Vice-President on Day 1. Here's my top 5 list. First, Congressman George H. W. Bush. He is young enough and could help our party to increase our ability to attract young voters and by being from Texas, he could help me to counter the George Wallace factor in the South. Then comes Claude Kirk who, as the first RepublicanGovernor of Florida since Reconstruction could also help our party to reach southern voters and to win such a crucial state like Florida. I also have Ronald Reagan in mind, who has already proven to be an effective Governor in California and can help us to bring all factions of the Republican Party together for the General Election. Also, Hawaii Senator Hiram Fong who can boost our party's support among ethnic minorities in this time of national division and fight for civil rights. And finally, George Romney who not only can help secure the Midwest but also can emphasize our economic message due to his business experience and to my experience as Secretary of Treasury.

To All Candidates : “The Democratic Primary has gotten quite competitive in recent weeks due to the pre-emptive Southern Democrats move to give Senator Gore all the Southern Caucus States and 620 Delegates in total, and Senator Gore is likely to win Indiana, West Virginia, and Florida, thus giving him even more Delegates, however, Senator Kennedy still persists against him. If Senator Gore was to become the Nominee, how would you deal with him and how would you try to defeat him?”

Dillon's answer : While I have respect for Senator Gore, he is also on the wrong side of foreign policy issues as he voted against providing our troops in Vietnam the necessary arsenal and effectives to carry through this conflict. The moreover that he plans to use nuclear weapons in Korea, which will only cause more problems, more deaths and also trigger World War III. Despite all the racist and segregational injustices that African Americans and other racial minorities in America suffered for centuries, Senator Gore voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that finally granted voting rights for African Americans. Why? Because Senator Gore opposes racial integration and does not believe in a strong, free and fair society for all Americans. We are all Americans and that's what the Republican Party has always understood. No wonder that we are the party that abolished slavery under President Abraham Lincoln over 100 years ago. And if Gore were to be the Democratic nominee, his opposition to the Civil Rights Act and his support to segregation will encourage African Americans to vote Republican in November and that's how we're going to defeat Gore in a landslide.

To All Candidates : “Speaking of the General Election, Governor George Wallace of Alabama has declared his candidacy for President under the banner of the ‘American Independent’ Party with Former Kentucky Governor and Senator Happy Chandler as his running mate and thus, the South has seemed practically theirs for the taking. How will you deal with the American Independents and prevent an Electoral College deadlock?”

Dillon's answer : By selecting a running mate from the South in order to increase our appeal among southern voters.

And as you know, the South, just like all regions in America, is a region that strongly champions tax reform and small government. Southern voters want less government, less taxes, more economic freedom and more purchasing power, and yet Governor Wallace raised property taxes in Alabama have drastically increased, making Alabama one of the states with one of the highest property taxes in the country, which diminished the people of Alabama's purchasing power and killed jobs. Fortunately, unlike Governor Wallace, we are the party that champions free market and seeks to make America a place opened for business. Unlike him, I successfully worked as Secretary of Treasury to cut taxes for the sake of economic growth and America's economic prosperity. That way, I will be able to show that I am more fiscally responsible than a tax-hike liberal like George Wallace and that's another factor of the increase of our appeal in the conservative south.

I find it strange that Governor Wallace, a segregationist, selected Happy Chandler as his VP candidate despite the fact that Chandler supported the hiring of Jackie Robinson by the Brooklyn Dodgers during his time as commissioner of baseball. It shows Wallace's hypocrisy.

And Governor Wallace's support to segregation as well as his policies restricting African-Americans' civil rights in Alabama demonstrates that he is completely out of step with American values and is disconnected from reality. His policies moves us backwards, but we are the party of the future. So once again, it gives us another opportunity to remind voters that we are the party that abolished slavery and we will fight to put forward the right solutions for their future when it comes to education, civil rights and economic opportunity. And by encouraging African American voters in the South to come out and vote, we will win southern states like Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, etc. and that way, our party's nominee will get to 270 electoral votes and be elected President of the United States and then we will fix America once and for all.

To All Candidates : “This is a two-parter. First, the war in Vietnam has seemingly taken a war for the worse and President Johnson’s approval rating has taken a massive hit from it. Furthermore, there are those saying that the war can still be won, those saying that a stalemate can be reached, and those saying that it’s time to forget about the south and leave. Which option do you believe in most and how would you achieve that goal? Secondly, there has been a massive increase in riots and protests considering race relations and the Vietnam War that have seen crime skyrocket across the Nation and have made many Americans fearful of the future. As President, how would you crack down on these riots without being too much like a dictator, if that is even possible.”

Dillon's answer : Well, I believe that this war can still be won by bombing the Vietcongs' defenses and by ordering a land offensive on Ho Chi Minh City, the capital of North Vietnam, which will force North Vietnam to surrender. But I think believe that a stalemate can be reached by increasing our efforts to train the South Vietnamese troops in order to prepare us and our allies for such offensive against the enemy.

When it comes to the riots, we need to make sure that our police officers will have all the necessary equipment to maintain order. And we need to keep supporting this fight for the promotion of civil rights in this country in order to end racial inequality.

To All Candidates : “With the entrance of Governor Wallace, the chances of a potential Electoral Deadlock seems more likely than ever before if such a Deadlock occurs, The House will decide the President and the Senate will decide the Vice President, and both are controlled by the Democrats. Recent Polls have given the Republicans a 9.7% lead in the House vote, and has brought in 23 Toss-Up Senate Seats, which means the Republicans could retake both chambers of Congress this November. How would you prevent an electoral deadlock and if you can’t, what would you do to make sure that at least one of the chambers of Congress is taken by the Republicans so you can have at least one Republican in the White House for the next four years?”

Dillon's answer : When it comes to how to prevent a deadlock, I talked to you a lot about it earlier tonight.

But in order to make sure that we will take control of one of the chambers in Congress, we need, for example, that all of our senate incumbents up for re-election this year will have our party's support so we have a better chance in keeping these senate seats. George Smathers' senate seat in Florida is an open seat so it gives us a great opportunity to take it with Edward Gurney. And thanks to my southern strategy, we will take southern Democratic senate seats and so we will take control of either the Senate and/or the House of Representatives and so a Republican will be elected President even if a deadlock can't be avoided.

To All Candidates : “In two days, the voters of Indiana, Ohio, and Washington D.C. will go to vote in the primaries and the citizens of Maryland will decide in a Caucus who their Delegates will support, a total of 119 Delegates up for grabs. What is your last message to the citizens of these states and regions on why they should support you as opposed to your two other opponents before they go vote?”

Closing Statements : We are at a critical time of challenge, division and fight. We can't afford four more years like the last few years. That's why we need to elect a Republican at the White House. And I have the best chance to defeat Robert F. Kennedy or Albert Gore in the general election. Why, because I'm the only one on this stage that managed to bring all the factions of our party together. And I have the right experience to govern. Thanks to my experience as Secretary of Treasury, our economy will keep growing and get to full-employment thanks to the promotion of free enterprise and small government. Thanks to my experience as Under Secretary of State, U.S. Ambassador to France and member of the Executive Committee of the National Security Council  during the Cuban missile crisis, we will keep this country strong and safe against our ennemies and we will win the Cold War. So Ohio, Indiana and Washington D.C., I call for your support and I need your vote on May 7 in order to give us a decent chance to win the presidential race and finally get America in the right direction through a fair society for all Americans, through a strong economy and a strong military, making America victorious on all fronts. Thank you.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 11:59:49 PM »

Dillon's « Unelectable » Campaign Ad airs in Nebraska, West Virginia, Kansas, Kentucky, Virginia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina, Colorado, Arkansas, Florida, Oregon, South Dakota, California and Illinois

So for the sake of a Republican victory in 1968, vote for C. Douglas Dillon, the only candidate who can defeat Robert F. Kennedy and lead us to a bright, prosperous and strong America.

C. Douglas Dillon : I'm C. Douglas Dillon and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 01:44:42 PM »

Dillon’s statement

I accept Goldwater’s request. All the American people deserves to hear our ideas for America’s future and in this Democratic process, an additional debate will be beneficial for our democracy.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 10:49:15 PM »

May 8
-Meet with voters in Omaha, Nebraska
-Energy policy speech in Omaha, Nebraska
-Economic policy speech in Omaha, Nebraska
-Foreign policy speech at Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska
-Meet with voters in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Tax cut policy speech in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Trade policy speech in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Health care policy speech in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Civil rights policy speech in Lincoln, Nebraska
-Meet with voters in Bellevue, Nebraska
-Gun rights policy speech in Bellevue, Nebraska
-Meet with voters in Grand Island, Nebraska

May 9
-Meet with voters in Denver, Colorado
-Economic policy speech in Denver, Colorado
-Immigration policy speech in Denver, Colorado
-Meet with college voters at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado
-Meet with voters in Colorado Springs, Colorado
-National defense policy speech at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado
-Civil Rights policy speech in Colorado Springs, Colorado
-Education policy speech in Colorado Springs, Colorado
-Meet with voters in Pueblo, Colorado
-Health care policy speech in Pueblo, Colorado
-Energy policy speech in Pueblo, Colorado
-Meet with voters in Grand Junction, Colorado
-Town hall meeting with voters in Grand Junction,Colorado
-Meet with voters in Alamosa, Colorado

May 10
-Meet with voters in Memphis, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Civil rights policy speech at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee :

Here we are, at the Lorraine Motel where Dr. Martin Luther King has been assassinated. We have to remember that his fight for the expansion of civil rights is not in vain. Thanks to this fight, segregation is abolished, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin and prohibits unequal application of voter registration requirements, racial segregation in schools, employment, and public accommodations. And the Voting Rights Act of 1965 prohibits racial discrimination in voting. May Dr. King rest in peace.

Of course, more has yet to be done to fight racism and that's why I will be President for all Americans, white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Christian, Protestant, Muslim, Jew unlike George Wallace who is running to be leader for just a faction of our great and united people. Because no matter your color, your origin, your religion or your political beliefs we are all Americans first. But George Wallace is a segregationist disconnected from reality who is playing the politics of fear. In addition, he promised to drop out of the race if Albert Gore, another supporter of segregation, wins the Democratic nomination, which shows that not only George Wallace is an extremist but he is also just another big government tax hike liberal who is ready to help Gore to impose his big government agenda that will raise taxes on all the American people, kill jobs and diminish free enterprise.

Throughout this campaign, the only thing Governor Wallace talks about is the ridiculous idea that Blacks take jobs. The only thing that Governor Wallace wants to do is to scare people. He's proposing nothing on the economy, nothing on foreign policy, nothing on social issues, he doesn't have the courage to clean up corruption in government. He just wants to scare people. Don't let Governor Wallace fool you. The moreover that despite the fact that he is opposing the granting of civil rights to African Americans, he selected Happy Chandler as his running mate even though Chandler supported the hiring of of Jackie Robinson, an African-American, by the Brooklyn Dodgers during his time as commissioner of baseball.

So Tennessee, I'm asking for your vote both in the primary and in the general election because if I'm the nominee, you will all have your candidate to unite the American people and make our society freer, fairer and more prosperous for all Americans.

-Free enterprise policy speech in Memphis, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Social security policy speech in Memphis, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Meet with voters in Nashville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Tax policy speech in Nashville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Meet with college voters at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Foreign policy speech in Nashville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Town hall meeting with voters at Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee
-Meet with voters in Knoxville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Energy policy speech in Knoxville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Agriculture policy speech in Knoxville, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Meet with voters in Chattanooga, Tennessee with Howard Baker
-Manufacturing policy speech in Chattanooga, Tennessee with Howard Baker

May 11
-Meet with voters in Morgantown, West Virginia
-Tax cut policy speech in Morgantown, West Virginia
-Education policy speech in Morgantown, West Virginia
-Meet with voters in Huntington, West Virginia
-Foreign policy speech in Huntington, West Virginia
-Infrastructure policy speech in Huntington, West Virginia
-Health care policy speech in Huntington, West Virginia
-Meet with voters in Charleston, West Virginia
-Economic policy speech in Charleston, West Virginia
-Coal policy speech in Charleston, West Virginia :

Instead of doing whatever it takes to get America to energy independence, the Democrats running for President will rather keep imposing such burdensome regulations on the energy industry that started a decline of America's coal industry through shipping coal mining jobs overseas by getting coal factories to bankruptcy. But America's energy independence is necessary not only for our prosperity but also for our national security. Thanks to energy independence, we will take the advantage over the Soviets instead of increasingly giving them the revenues they need to overpower us economically and militarily through our dependence on foreign oil, including countries allied to the Soviet Union. So as President of the United States, I will work hard to get America to energy independence by reducing taxes and regulations on our energy industry, encouraging the development of clean coal technologies and making sure that America will take the advantage on all of its sources of energies whether it's oil, gas, coal, solar, wind, etc. That way, we will reinforce both our prosperity and our security and make America strong.

May 12
-Meet with voters in Virginia Beach, Virginia
-Economic policy speech in Virginia Beach, Virginia
-Free trade policy speech in Virginia Beach, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Norfolk, Virginia
-Foreign policy speech at Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk, Virginia
-Health care policy speech in Norfolk, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Chesapeake, Virginia
-Tax cut policy speech in Chesapeake, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Richmond, Virginia
-Free enterprise policy speech in Richmond, Virginia
-Space policy speech in Richmond, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Newport News, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Alexandria, Virginia
-National defense policy speech in Alexandria, Virginia
-Meet with voters in Arlington, Virginia
-Vietnam War policy speech in Arlington, Virginia
-Civil Rights policy speech in Arlington, Virginia

May 13
-Meet with voters in Charlotte, North Carolina
-Economic policy speech in Charlotte, North Carolina
-Foreign policy speech in Charlotte, North Carolina
-Civil Rights policy speech in Charlotte, North Carolina
-Education policy speech in Charlotte, North Carolina
-Meet with voters in Raleigh, North Carolina
-Energy policy speech in Raleigh, North Carolina
-Health care policy speech in Raleigh, North Carolina
-Infrastructure policy speech in Raleigh, North Carolina
-Immigration policy speech in Raleigh, North Carolina
-Meet with voters in Greensboro, North Carolina
-Space policy speech in Greensboro, North Carolina
-Trade policy speech in Greensboro, North Carolina
-Civil rights policy speech in Greensboro, North Carolina
-Meet with voters in Durham, North Carolina
-National defense policy speech in Durham, North Carolina
-Meet with voters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina

May 14
-GOTV efforts in Nebraska, West Virginia, Kansas, Kentucky, Virginia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Carolina, Colorado and Arkansas
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 09:30:26 AM »
« Edited: December 28, 2018, 09:35:00 AM by UWS »

C. Douglas Dillon's response to Barry Goldwater in Roanoke, Virginia
So, Senator Goldwater claims that I'm presenting to be conservative for show. This is just wrong.

When I was Secretary of Treasury, I architected President Kennedy's tax cuts, one of the boldest tax cut policies in history, and worked hard to promote these tax cuts that encouraged job creation and increased wages for American workers, ensured an expansion of the GDP by an average of 5.5 % from early 1961 to late 1963, brought the inflation down to 1 %, reduced the unemployment rate from 6.6 % to below 4 % from 1961 to 1967, allowed a rise of industrial production by 15 % and a rise of motor vehicle sales rose by 40 %. I also played an important role in securing presidential power for reciprocal tariff reductions under the Trade Expansion Act of 1962. I also played a role in crafting the Revenue Act of 1962, which established a 7 percent tax credit to spur industrial growth.

And let me remind you, Senator, that I'm endorsed by Ronald Reagan, one of the most conservative governors in America.

So conservatives truly have a voice in C. Douglas Dillon. Meanwhile, Senator Goldwater made one of the worst electoral performances ever for a GOP nominee four years ago and lost in a landslide by 22 percentage points to President Johnson and even almost lost his own home state of Arizona. Why? Because he opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and suggested that nuclear weapons should be used in Vietnam and also advocated that field commanders in Vietnam should be given the authority to use tactical nuclear weapons even without presidential confirmation. So if you want a real conservative with a proven record and able to bring the conservative movement together, the choice is C. Douglas Dillon, not Barry Goldwater.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 08:46:06 PM »

Dillon's Victory Speech in Jacksonville, Florida

Thank you so very, very much!

This is a really amazing night. Thank you Kansas, Nebraska, Tennessee and North Carolina for these great victories. I listened to your concerns about America's future on our sluggish economy or on the defense issues, including the Vietnam War. I proposed an economic plan calling for a reduction of taxes and for the promotion of free enterprise and based on the successful Kennedy tax cuts adopted under my watch as Secretary of Treasury. I proposed a defense plan calling for a stronger military, stronger diplomacy and stronger alliances. People saw this agenda as the best to move America forward and so they came to the polls and delivered us the victories that we earned tonight.

Four years after this historic and disastrous landslide electoral defeat in 1964, our party's supporters have chosen the path to victory because they understand that I am the only candidate who can defeat whoever the Democrats will nominate. So they selected the way of victory instead of the way of provocation, extremism and isolation that cost us the election and brought us to one of the worst electoral results in a presidential election four years ago.

Tonight, we took the delegate lead. Why? Because we are uniting all the wings of the Republican Party, moderates and conservatives. But there is still much work to do. So let's spread our message to Florida and Oregon and we will win across this great country for the sake of a bright, prosperous and safe future for America.

Thank you all. God bless you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 03:34:08 PM »

C. Douglas Dillon's campaign schedule, Part 1

May 14
-Meet with voters in Jacksonville, Florida with Florida Governor Claude Kirk
-Rally with voters at the Gator Bowl Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Economic policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Foreign policy speech at Naval Station Mayport in Jacksonville, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Trade policy speech at the port of Jacksonville in Jacksonville, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Meet with voters in Tallahassee, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Free trade policy speech in Tallahassee, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Immigration policy speech in Tallahassee, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Speech given by Florida Governor Claude Kirk in Tallahassee, Florida :

-Meet with voters in St. Petersburg, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Anti-segregation policy speech in St. Petersburg, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Agriculture policy speech in St. Petersburg, Florida where Dillon promises to fight to promote tax reform for all American businesses, including Florida's orange producing companies in order to make sure that Florida will keep its status as the top producer of oranges.
-Meet with voters in Tampa, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Foreign policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Civil rights policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Tax cut policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Cuba policy speech in Tampa, Florida with Claude Kirk

May 16 :
-Meet with voters in Sarasota, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Education policy speech in Sarasota, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Immigration policy speech in Sarasota, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Meet with voters in Lakeland, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Meet with voters in Cape Coral, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Meet with voters in Port St. Lucie, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Infrastructure policy speech in Port St. Lucie, Florida with Claude Kirk

May 17 :
-Meet with voters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Civil Rights policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Trade policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Claude Kirk
-National defense policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Meet with voters in Miami, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Economic policy speech at the Port of Miami in Miami, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Immigration policy speech in Miami, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Education policy speech in Miami, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Foreign policy speech in Miami, Florida with Claude Kirk
-Rally with voters at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 05:16:23 PM »

C. Douglas Dillon's campaign schedule, Part 2

May 18
-Meet with voters in Portland, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Economic policy speech in Portland, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Foreign policy speech in Portland, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Civil Rights policy speech in Portland, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Meet with voters in Gresham, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Education policy speech in Gresham, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Trade policy speech in Gresham, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Vietnam War policy speech in Gresham, Oregon with Ronald Reagan

May 19
-Meet with voters in Salem, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Fundraising event in Salem, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Immigration policy speech in Salem, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Agriculture policy speech in Salem, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Tax cut policy speech in Salem, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Small government policy speech in Salem, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Meet with voters in Eugene, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Economic policy speech in Eugene, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Cold War policy speech in Eugene, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Meet with college voters at the University of Oregon in Eurgene, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Meet with voters in Springfield, Oregon with Ronald Reagan

May 20
-Meet with voters in Hillsboro, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Trade policy speech in Hillsboro, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Economic policy speech in Hillsboro, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Anti-segregation policy speech in Hillsboro, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Energy policy speech in Hillsboro, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Infrastructure policy speech in Hillsboro, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Meet with voters in Beaverton, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Free enterprise policy speech at Nike Inc. headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon with Ronald Reagan

May 21
-Meet with voters in Bend, Oregon with Ronald Reagan
-Meet with voters in Medford, Oregon with Ronald Reagan

May 22
-Meet with voters in Houston, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Speech given by former Vice-President Richard Nixon in Houston, Texas

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-Meet with voters in Hondo, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in New Braunfels, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Seguin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Schertz, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Small government policy speech in Schertz, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Austin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Immigration reform policy speech in Austin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Energy policy speech in Austin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Gun rights policy speech in Austin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Tax cut policy speech in Austin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Rally with voters at Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with college voters at the University of University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas
-Meet with voters in Fort Worth, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Trade policy speech in Fort Worth, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Manufacturing policy speech in Fort Worth, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Arlington, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Health care policy speech in Arlington, Texas with Richard Nixon

May 24 :
-Meet with voters in Dallas, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Cold War policy speech in Dallas, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Economic policy speech in Dallas, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Anti-segregation policy speech in Dallas, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Energy policy speech in Dallas, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Denton, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Terrell, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Garland, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Longview, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Constitutional rights policy speech in Longview, Texas
-Free enterprise policy speech in Longview, Texas with Richard Nixon
-National defense policy speech in Longview, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in Plano, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Law and order policy speech in Plano, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Meet with voters in El Paso, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Fundraising event at the Plaza Hotel in El Paso, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Trade policy speech in El Paso, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Immigration policy speech in El Paso, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Oil policy speech in El Paso, Texas with Richard Nixon
-Debate preparations in El Paso, Texas
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 12:33:57 PM »

C. Douglas Dillon's campaign schedule, Part 3

May 25
-Meet with voters in Tallahassee, Florida
-Debate preparations in Tallahassee, Florida
-Dillon debates with Goldwater and Case at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida

May 26
-Meet with voters in Plant City, Florida
-Economic policy speech in Plant City, Florida
-Education policy speech in Plant City, Florida
-Meet with voters in Temple Terrace, Florida
-Meet with voters in Tampa, Florida
-Free trade policy speech in Tampa, Florida where Dillon promises to ratify free trade agreements with Latin America for sake of America's competitiveness in the world economy

May 27
-Meet with voters in Miami, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Miami, Florida :

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-Immigration policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Economic policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Meet with voters in Miami Beach, Florida
-Trade policy speech in Miami Beach, Florida
-Small government policy speech in Miami Beach, Florida
-Vietnam War policy speech in Miami Beach, Florida
-Civil Rights policy speech in Miami Beach, Florida

May 28
-GOTV efforts in Florida, Oregon, Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 01:53:34 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2019, 03:07:18 PM by UWS »

Dillon's Debate Answers
Opening Statements : I want to thank the Florida State University for hosting this debate and I want to thank Senator Goldwater and Senator Case for assisting at this debate in order to debate our ideas for America's future. We are at a critical time in which in these times of challenges, too many Americans are ignored. Too many Americans are struggling in poverty and racial inequality. We need a President with all the required experience to fix America. And I have that kind of experience as a former U.S. Ambassador to France, as Secretary of Treasury and as member of the Executive Committee of the National Security Council. That is the best way to counter President Johnson's record of disapointment that Senator Robert Kennedy wants to pursue in the next four years. And that's why I'm asking for your vote to make sure we can turn America around.

To Former Secretary Dillion : "Secretary, First of all, congratulations for winning the Primary in Nebraska and the Caucuses in Kansas, Tennessee, and North Carolina as well as gaining first place in Delegate count for the primary. Now on to the question. In the last debate, you mentioned a 'Southern Strategy' when discussing ways to gain seats in the South and win the Election outright. Many Americans are confused by this and some are using it as a possible slander and saying that you're planning to appeal to the Segregationists and Racists in the South and if that isn't so, others are confused about how you plan to win back the Black Vote, which hasn't gone Republican since the 30s, as many say that African Americans are quite Liberal and you have campaigned as an unapologetic Conservative. Is the Slander true and if it isn't, can you please explain why you think African Americans would vote for you instead of voting for the Liberals like they have for 30 years.

1. My Southern Strategy does not, in any case, include appealing among segregationists and racists in the south. Like I said in the last debate, the south is a pretty conservative region that wants less taxes and regulations, less government, more economic freedom and more free enterprise. And yet Governor George Wallace drastically increased property taxes in Alabama which diminished the people of Alabama's purchasing power, increased the size of government there, diminished free enterprise and killed jobs. But as Secretary of Treasury, I cut taxes along with President Kennedy and I intend to do it again as President of the United States because unlike Governor Wallace, Senator Kennedy and President Johnson, I know that America is properous not because of government but because of the ingenuity, hardworking and entrepreneurship of the American people. Governor Wallace trusts the government but I trust the American people.

When it comes to winning the black vote, I rather meant increasing our performance among African-Americans. Even though they voted Democrat for 30 years, like you said, we can improve our performance among them. As you know, during the 1960 presidential election, Richard Nixon, who recently endorsed me, won 32 % of the African-American vote by promising to grant the right to vote for all African-Americans around the country. We can win among them by defending the cause which they are fighting for, by promoting all the progress made by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which is exactly the contrast of what Senator Golwater did. And also, one of the reasons why African-Americans are struggling is because of the fiscal burden imposed to them by the Johnson Administration that promotes big government instead of freedom. Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. So if we cut taxes for all Americans, including African-Americans, we can give them a fair chance to prosper, to live the American Dream and to accomplish everything the generations preceding them couldn't have. And one of the reasons why black voters voted Democrat for a very long time is because Senator Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 even though this law outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin and prohibits unequal application of voter registration requirements, racial segregation in schools, employment, and public accommodations. So Goldwater's opposition to the Civil Rights of 1964 cost us several votes among moderate/independent voters and among ethnic minority voters, including African-Americans, and cost us states such as Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, New York, Ohio, Illinois, California, etc. No wonder that members of the Ku Klux Klan have publicly supported Senator Goldwater's 1964 presidential campaign. And that is one of the main reasons why we lost the 1964 presidential election in a landslide.

That's why I should be the nominee because I am the best candidate on this stage to bring the American people together and that is how we are going to win this election and bring America in the right direction.

To Former Secretary Dillion : "Secretary, many Liberal Republicans like Jacob K. Javits, the Senator from New York, are quite angered about your unabashed Conservatism and has threatened to form a new party for the Liberal Republicans, or join the Democrats, if you are to get the Nomination. How do you make sure that the Republican party doesn't splinter apart?

2. Well first of all, I worked in the Kennedy Administration as Secretary of Treasury. I've been endorsed by California Governor Ronald Reagan who was once a Democrat before becoming a Republican. I am from a New England state and I know what it takes to appeal among moderate voters there. When it comes to education, I believe that we should not fund students leaving public schools. We need to encourage the integration in public schools. Federal troops should only be used as a last resort. So I believe that we need more funding for public schools in order to make every student across this country, including those studying in Harvard University, where access to education is the most expansive here in America, can have a fair chance to succeed, to find a decent career and to enter workforce and to find a good-paying job. With regards to death penalty, I think it's an issue that should be left to individual states and the Government should only bring it up for Federal cases. For abortion, I think it should be legal only in case of rape, incest and when the life of the mother is in danger. That's also why, in order to keep moderate and liberal Republicans in our column, I'm considering selecting people like Senator Edward Brooke or Governor George Romney as my running mate. I think that Senator Javits would rather be more likely to form a new party for the Liberal Republicans or join the Democrats if Senator Goldwater is the nominee due to his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and also due to Goldwater's suggestion that nuclear weapons should be used in Vietnam and also advocated that field commanders in Vietnam should be given the authority to use tactical nuclear weapons even without presidential confirmation, which would have triggered a nuclear war, or worse World War III. That's why we need a reasonable and bi-partisan presidential candidate who will be able to bring the American people together and to put partisanship aside in order to get things done.

To All Candidates : "As you can see, the Democratic Party is tearing itself apart due to President Johnson and Senator Gore's complete refusal to compromise with Senator Kennedy and thus, this has allowed enthusiasm amongst Democrats to lower and has allowed the Republicans to gain in the ballot, with several key Senate Races, like in Florida, where Senator Smathers is retiring. What Senate seats will you target the most in the general and how will you ensure their victory down-ballot even if you lose the Election?

4. As the Republican nominee, one of the main senate seats I will target the most will be Alaska where the Democratic vote is now divided between Mike Gravel, the local Democratic senate nominee, and Ernest Gruening, a write-in Democratic candidate, which can give our Republican senate candidate Elmer E. Rasmuson a very decent chance to win. I will also target California, a very crucial battleground state. Among the seats I will focus the most on there will be Connecticut and Florida, where we have a very qualified candidate in Edward J. Gurney who proudly and patriotically served in the U.S. military during World War II. As a senator, he will fight for our veterans and he knows that America's security requires a strong military. I will also work hard to defend Senator Dirksen's senate seat in Illinois, to help William Ruckelshaus to defeat Birch Bayh in Indiana and to keep Senator Bourke Hickenlooper's seat with David M. Stanley in Iowa. We also have very strong candidates in Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Pennsylvania so I will also focus on these senate seats if I'm the Republican nominee. That way, we'll make it clear that the American people gave the Republican Party a mandate to fix America through tax reform, a strong military and the defense of civil rights and that's how we're going to win this election even if we don't get to 270 electoral votes even though I also work hard to get to that threshold.

To All Candidates : "In three days, the States of Florida and Oregon will hold their primaries and the states of Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Texas will hold Caucus. As such, this is your last chance to the citizens of these states. Explain why they should support you and not one of your opponents.

5. Well, as you know, 6 years ago, Florida was on the frontline of the Cuban missile crisis that almost triggered a nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union. I made contributions in preventing such a nuclear conflict as a member of the Executive Committee of the National Security Council and I know that keeping America safe and getting to victory against the Soviet Union in the Cold War requires a strong military, strong alliances and strong American leadership. And yet, both Senator Goldwater and Senator Case want to aweaken our military, which will give the advantage to the Soviet Union and allow them to use continents like Asia as a base to launch military attacks against the United States. And Senator Goldwater also have further proven to have a flawed foreign policy judgement by suggesting the use of tactical nuclear weapons in Vietnam even without presidential confirmation. So as long as our military is strong, we won't have to fight the Soviets here at home and I have all the required foreign policy experience and knowledge to keep us safe and to get us to victory against the Soviets.

Southern states voting in three days, including Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and South Carolina are inhabited by a huge population of African-Americans who are suffering centuries of struggle, injustice, inequality, segregation, mistreatment, exploitation and poverty and yet Senator Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that improved their living conditions. I know that there is more to be done and that's why I supported these life-changing laws from the very beginning and I will fight to make sure that Martin Luther King's fight for the advancement of civil rights will not be in vain.

Closing Statements : Thank you Florida State University for this wonderful hospitality and thank you Senator Goldwater and Senator Case for being here tonight. All the states voting in three days will play a very important role in selecting the next President, both in the primary and in the general election. That's why I will fight for every single vote, for every single American, whether you are white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Christian, Protestant, Jewish, etc. Because every single American needs to be heard in this democratic process because that is how democracy works, it grants the power to all the people. That's why I will work to make this democracy working for all Americans and I'm running to be a President for all our fellow citizens. I have already proven my ability to work with both Republicans and Democrats with my experience as President Kennedy's Secretary of Treasury. I will work hard to bring both parties together in order to get things done. And that's why I ask for your vote because if you do, we will finally move America forward.

Thank you.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »

Dillon's Victory Speech in Miami, Florida

Thank you so very much! Thank you Florida, Texas and Alaska for these exciting and strong victories that will propel us to the nomination. You selected the way of change and leadership and I am thankful of your choice.

We are in half of the road to the nomination. California, here we come!

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2019, 03:40:59 PM by UWS »

Dillon's « Endorsement » Ad airs in California, South Dakota, New Jersey and Illinois

The « Endorsement » ad features actor Clint Eastwood (who recently endorsed Dillon) reprising his role as Blondie in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and citing some of his famous quotes and explaining why he endorsed Dillon.

« Endorsement » advertising narration :

[The Good, the Bad and the Ugly's music theme starts playing]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

Clint Eastwood : Throughout the Johnson years, I've never seen so much money wasted so badly. And such wasteful government spending by LBJ and the Democrats running for office will bring our country into financial crisis through a drastic rise of the deficit. That's why I endorse C. Douglas Dillon because he's the one who's going to adopt fiscal responsibility by reducing government spending and keeping your taxes low like he did as Secretary of Treasury.

Actor disguised as a Ku Klux Klan member attempting to kill an African-American : I'll kill you!

Clint Eastwood (pointing his gun on the Ku Klux Klan member) : If you do that, you'll always be poor... just like the greasy rat that you are. Which is why I support Dillon for President because he is an unapologetic defender of Civil Rights for all Americans across this country, no matter your ethnicity, your beliefs or your origins.

Actor playing a Soviet military officer : You know, the Space Race is strategic enough to be worth $2000.

Clint Eastwood : Yeah, but you don't look like the one who'll collect it. Because with Dillon as President, we'll send men on the Moon next year and we'll men to Mars in the next decade. America will win the Space Race.

[The ad reprises the final scene during which Tuco attempts to shoot at Eastwood but couldn't as his gun was empty]

Clint Eastwood : You see, that's what happens when a nation is deprived of its military power as some of the presidential candidates in this race are suggesting deep cuts in defense budget, which will hand the Soviet Union the advantage in the Cold War. But this is also what happens when liberals deprive you of your Second Amendment rights. With C. Douglas Dillon as President, we will keep our military strong and support our troops here and abroad and we will overcome all the foreign policy challenges facing our country and we will win the Cold War. And he will defend your Second Amendment rights as well as your right to self-defense.

Clint Eastwood : So, my fellow Americans, the stakes are too high for you to stay home. On June 4, go to the polls and vote for C. Douglas Dillon for the sake of a stronger, safer and prosperous America.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies