Troubling Times - A 1968 Presidential Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:08:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Troubling Times - A 1968 Presidential Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Troubling Times - A 1968 Presidential Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 29234 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

« on: September 14, 2018, 05:20:47 PM »

Goldwater speaks on Economic reform in New Hampshire
[img]https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.aE7nE1HbgNsppwtmh_exfgAAAA&pid=1.1[/

My fellow Americans we pay too much in taxes and we have paying even more in taxes since Johnson took office.  And our tax dollars are being used to fun neverending and unpopular wars and the government is spending and put our national debt at 13$ billion dollars!! and wants to get rid of the gold standard!

Our values of free markets are under attack and we need to save them!!

As President I will balance the budget, cut taxes across the board for all families and businesses. Repeal the Captain Gains tax and lower our corporate tax to be more competitive in the global market.

We can cut wasteful spending and get rid of our debt and still have enough to get a man on the moon and have a manned colony on the Moon by next decades end.

It’s really simple folks!!! *Crowd cheers*

(Goldwater applys to enter the ballots in all states)

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 12:14:13 PM »

Goldwater endorsements schedules

Congressman Gerald Ford:

Congressman Ford believes that Senator Barry Goldwater has redeemed himself and that he is the best candidate that will fight for a fair tax code and help reduce our nation’s debt.   Ford argued that the economy is one of the biggest issues in this election along with the war in Vietnam.

Ford will be campaigning for Goldwater in Pennsylvania and the rest of the Midwest.

William E Miller
Goldwater’s running mate in 1964 former New York congressman and RNC chair called Goldwater a changed man and a man of his word and that no one is better to deal with today challenges.

Miller is expected to campaign for Goldwater across the Northeast

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:16:56 PM »

Goldwater and his campaign are willing to debate.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »

What Goldwater did part 1

Goldwater campaigned in Cailforina and Arizona on his new reformed views and campagined on his free market economy policy.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »

Goldwater campaign update

Goldwater campagined in Cailforina on his healthcare policy and called out Governor Rockefeller for his “Wolf in sheep’s clothing comments”

He said that he said he views have evolved even since his talk with his daughters after his 64 election loss.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 09:49:24 PM »

Barry Goldwater debate answers part 1

1.Good evening I’m Senator Barry Goldwater But you prob have remember me from last election cycle and I am here to give a second chance to Amercia of my message. This time however I am reform myself and am very different from what I was like 4 years ago. 

2.When I am I am reforming myself I don’t mean I am pandering for political gain as a matter of fact that’s not what I am doing at all.  I have evolved and I am more progressive and individualistic than before and I have views that people will agree with like getting out of Vietnam and trying to find peace and reducing the size of our government and trying to make our tax code lower and fairer. 

The founding fathers would be rolling in their graves if they saw how big our government was today!!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 11:15:26 AM »

Goldwater debate answers part 2

3.I think it’s sick how this administration is dealing with this conflict in Vietnam and unlike most of the people on here I look at what is going on and I am saying this is not what these people signed up to fight for! I don’t want to see anymore mothers having to see their own son’s body in a casket let alone getting letters that they have been KIA in the jungle.   

This war has gotten out of hand and it’s time to get the US out of it and let the people of the RVN deal with the situation.  In my first 100 days I plan on a complete troop withdrawal from Vietnam and let the RVN deal it out themselves.

4.Well we have too much restrictions on our own businesses and people wanting to do business here also consider the fact that our corporate tax code is too complex for anyone want to do business here or sell and trade goods and services here.     I see farmers out there that have been hurt by the chicken tax President Johnson has put in and in my first 100 days also I plan on repealing on repealing that tax and all existing tariffs that hurt American farmers and fight for free and fair trade for Americans and make sure we are better able to complete in global markets.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 05:51:58 PM »

The Goldwater campaign seeks access to ballots in state they aren’t on.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »

Goldwater campaigned on balencing the budget and his flat tax plan in which he would give all working and middle class families a 15% tax cut and his plans of repealing all existing tariffs and the replacing of the Chicken Tax.

Goldwater did this in the Northwest and Southwest.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »

Goldwater Campaign Radio Ad
Airs in all states which he is on the ballot
*A voice in the background starts talking*

Narrator:When the Founding Fathers started this nation one of there biggest reasons was due to the size of government and how many taxes we were paying.

Now it seems that they is faded away into the dustbins of history as LBJ and his gang of tax and spend democrats tax and spend up to 13 billion dollars in debt.

However Barry Goldwater has a plan he will reduce the size of the federal government. cut wasteful spending and regulations and have the budget balanced by the end of his second term.

Goldwater 1968 A golden American opportunity.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »

Goldwater debate answers part 3

3:Well I think Bipartisan is a good thing for Amercia and as President I will be working to worth with the Democrats on the issues ahead in this country. I don’t want to be president just for the GOP I want to be president for all Americans Republican Democrat or Independent.   Our last President Dwight Eisenhower was able to balance the budget several times without raising taxes on the middle class with a Democratic Congress and Senate.   And just look how much prosperity we had in that decade. 

4:Well I think it’s really because we need to legalize Marijuana.  Now hear me out we have a big problem with morphine and codeine. Doctors are prescribing too much of them and people are getting highly addicted.

What I am proposing is that we should legalize marijuana for medical use. It is safer than any street drug and I have heard of anybody overdosing on it or a epidemic of it.   It could be useful to soliders returning home from Vietnam as a good antidote to PTSD and can help people with chronic pain and people dealing with illness.   We need to invest research into the effect of it and how we can made it safe so that it wouldn’t end up like the opioid overdoses that keep happening.

Closing:Thank you CBS and the people for letting me be here tonight and giving me a second chance at not only the Republican nomination but the presidency as well.

I am the only candidate here that hasn’t taken a cent from Wall Street and actually tells the people the truth not sugarcoating anything. 

If you nominee me for president you choose liberty and free will and you choose a Golden opportunity for Amercia. Thank you! 
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 02:44:38 PM »

Goldwater issues apology statement
At last night debate I made amistake that I said that President Eisenhower was the last President.

I knew I meant to say last Republican President and that it seemed that I was more focus on getting my answer done and rather than be factual.  I apologize to the viewers and supporters of mine and to the family of the late President Kennedy.

Thank you and hope you understand
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 10:31:37 PM »

Goldwater campaigned in Florida legalizing marijuana and balencing the budget and called out the Democrats for there massive “Tax and spend” polices while campaigning on reforming the Federal Reserve and bringing back the Gold Standard
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »

What Goldwater did 2

Goldwater campaign on the economy some more in his home state of Arizona and campaigned more this time on getting the troops out of Vietnam ASAP.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 06:29:01 PM »

Goldwater campaign announcement

Senator Goldwater has agreed to a debate with Senator Case.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »

Goldwater debate answers part 1

1.Well unlike Mr Wallace I have moved on and evolved on certain issues and realized I made a mistake when it came to do that voice and if I were to vote on the Civil Rights Act again I would vote Yes.  As President I will treat everyone with respect. Black,white,Asian,Gay,Straight, Man,Woman to me you are all Americans and proud citizens of this great country.

I think George should stick to his day job and not focus on my campaign.

2.I think it’s disturbing and despicable what this administration is doing with these young men. Scarring them for life,Ruining their lives and making us the world’s most hated place.  There is no good reason to be in Vietnam doing stuff like this.

The great President Eisenhower warned us about this in his farewell speech that war should be a last resort and what we are having in Southeast Asia is not a last resort it’s just the Milltary Industral Complex in action and it’s sicking!

In my first 100 days I will propose a complete withdrawal of combat troops from Vietnam and make sure we don’t wage our tail in there anymore.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 07:15:10 AM »

Goldwater debate answers 2

3:Well one of my main economic issues is to save the Gold Standard and make it a better system.

I don’t think we should depend just on the US Dollar we need to add some competition to it and make sure that in case of a emergency that we have a good substitute to help out the economy and make sure that we don’t have a repeat of 1929.

Also a gold standard would restore rising living standards to the middle-class , It also would be a powerful force for restoring fiscal balance to federal state and local governments.

It will be perfect to make the world economy better and more secure.

Now is it perfect? no but it doesn’t have to be and that’s why I will fix it early on in my first 100 days that I will sign orders to protect and improve the US Gold Standard.   I have been doing it in Congress and will resume to do so as President.

4:Well I was shocked and stunned to hear what happened in Groversons square.  I don’t believe in violent protesters like that.  I don’t believe violent protests are the answer. While you may have a good message you don’t seem have the actions to peacefully protest it you know?  Well I believe you have every right to protest it’s all part of our first amendment. However it’s getting out of hand don’t you think when people start getting hurt and hospital keep getting phone calls about if they need extra beefs for the night then it becomes a problem you know?

I think we should do a better job in showing the world that this isn’t some Nanny state like what our enemies  want you to think.

We founded this nation to express and prevent our rights to peacefully protest and we should use those rights in situations like this

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »

Goldwater campaigned to get on the midwestern ballots and campaigned on him being the “working man candidate”

In Michigan and Pennsylvania he campaigned on saving the Free Market and saving and reforming the Gold Standard and said that removing it would be a big mistake and that we could save and fund Social Security for years with it.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »

What Goldwater did part 2

Goldwater campaigned on fighting for the working man again and being a outsider and how he is the best anti establishment Republican candidate.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 11:21:36 AM »

What Goldwater did part 3

Goldwater campaigned on civil rights and reforming reforming the Federal Reserve.  He also came out his tax plan and his plan to save the Gold Standard
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 09:20:43 AM »

Goldwater victory remarks in Wisconsin
Thank you!!
The people here in Wisconsin decided to give me and our campaign another chance!

They decided they wanted Liberty and individualism, They wanted a chance for free markets and limited government!!

And most important they wanted a chance for a Golden Amercia!!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »

Goldwater campaign response to Martin Luther King Jr’s assassination

Margent and I are sadden and shocked at the the sudden life taking of Martin Luther King Jr.  This terrible event when went down in Memphis fuled by racism and hatred which should not anything a Amercian should hold proud to them.

We as Americans should get along with each other no matter what race or politics or religious views we have. 

Cause the most important thing we have is that we are Americans first and foremost.   

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »

Goldwater campaign update

Goldwater once again wants to apply his name on all upcoming ballots
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »

Goldwater campaign update 1

Goldwater campaigned on the Gold Standard and his tax cut plan.  He also campaigned on his Vietnam Plan that would involve a complete combat troop withdrawal from Vietnam entirely while leaving non combat troops in to train the South Vietnamese army and their allies.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »

Former President Eisenhower campaigns for Barry Goldwater in  Indianapolis Indiana

I have finally decided to go out and give me endorsement for President.
And that man is Mr Barry Goldwater. *Crowd cheers*.  I fully believe he is a changed man and not the same one we saw 4 years ago.

I fully believe he is the best man to lead this country back towards greatness. By cutting wasteful spending and taxes and defeat the Milltary industrial complex!!!

Indiana what I want you to do is go out and vote for Goldwater!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies