Would a less bland VP pick have helped either candidate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:55:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would a less bland VP pick have helped either candidate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would a less bland VP pick have helped either candidate?  (Read 5439 times)
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« on: October 15, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
« edited: October 15, 2018, 07:03:24 PM by Da2017 »

Trump benefited from the picking of mild-mannered, old guard Pence; it helped to bring social conservatives and more traditional Republicans out to vote for him and provided a good contrast to Trump's erratic behavior. In Clinton's case though, I think she would have definitely benefited from a more enthusiastic VP pick like Elizabeth Warren or someone of that grain. Hillary already had a problem of coming off as inauthentic, robotic, and cold. Picking someone with similar traits as her VP was a terrible decision.

This. Pence was objectively a very good VP pick. Kaine wasn't.

I think Hillary wanted someone who she could work with and get things done. Kaine might of worked if her public persona was better. There were many better choices. She needed someone young and more dynamic. Some of the others choices might of overshadowed her,but that might be more of a positive than negitive, because the more people are reminded of her, her poll numbers drop.

I think Pence was the best pick for Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies