Pacific Tour-Hawai'i
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Tour-Hawai'i
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Tour-Hawai'i  (Read 337 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:27:24 AM »

*Ad*

I'm in Hawai'i, so screw the corny-ness; Aloha!

I'm here to talk about the security of our nation. Hawai'i, of course, was the site of the Pearl Harbour attacks of the 7th of December, 1942, which led to Atlasia's military involvement in the Second World War.

Atlasia saw no tragedy like it until the attacks on the 11th of September, 2001 in New York City and Washington, DC. As occurred after Pearl Harbour, our nation went to war.

Security from terrorist attacks has been a core concern of our government, and in my previous terms in the senate I have worked towards curbing the threat of attacks in Atlasia-and will do so again if re-elected.

I went to the USS Arizona yesterday, and I talked to a few Atlasians about their security concerns.

David Leung, 33, Honolulu: "Well, we're in Hawai'i, so I personally don't feel all that concerned about an attack. But I recognise for the mainlanders, it's pretty big; and I want the whole of my nation to be secure, not just the Islands."

Lt. Jess Harakurnavali, 26, Kilo: "I am just returned from Iraq, and it was some tough stuff over there. Sometimes, I honestly did wonder what we were doing there. But I came to see that sure, we were helping ourselves by being there, but most Iraqis were actually living better lives-not perfect, by a long shot-but there's been as positive change."

Duncan Tramp, 52, Honolulu: "It's all a beat-up. I don't want my civil liberties taken, just so some Brunsel-voter in Nebraska can feel safe that 50 Islamic terrorists aren't going to blow up their barn."

Lindi Chan, 40, Honolulu: "Oh, you're that politician, right? Piss off!"

Clearly, a lot of different views. Seriously though, people seem to think that we have to do something, but they're questioning if what we are doing is right. Are we attacking it properly abroad and at home? How do civil liberties fit into the picture? If elected to the senate, I hope to work with my colleagues to answer these questions, and get the War on terror, which I do believe is necessary, back on course-in our interests as well as the worlds.

*End Ad*

So, hey. National Security, it's a big issue, and it's up for discussion here today. Then i'm going down to the beach...I like surfing (or surfers...Wink)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies