Puerto Rico: FEMA Supplies Found in Abandoned Building a Year after Maria
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:25:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Puerto Rico: FEMA Supplies Found in Abandoned Building a Year after Maria
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Puerto Rico: FEMA Supplies Found in Abandoned Building a Year after Maria  (Read 829 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:34:56 PM »

I wonder how many more supplies FEMA preferred to let rot rather than help Americans suffering in Puerto Rico. I also wonder how Trump will spin this one once it hits the waves.

Link to video when they discovered it: https://www.facebook.com/jonathanbujosapr/videos/426219557906118/
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:15:11 PM »

It's all a conspiracy by the Democrats to undermine Trump though!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:45:24 AM »

I wonder how many more supplies FEMA preferred to let rot rather than help Americans suffering in Puerto Rico.
you think it was done out of malice and not incompetence?  I guess you can never tell with Trump....normally it's pretty obviously just humans not up to the task that lets this kind of thing happen, but I suppose with the monster in chief we have now, malice is sadly a possibility.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »

I wonder how many more supplies FEMA preferred to let rot rather than help Americans suffering in Puerto Rico.
you think it was done out of malice and not incompetence?  I guess you can never tell with Trump....normally it's pretty obviously just humans not up to the task that lets this kind of thing happen, but I suppose with the monster in chief we have now, malice is sadly a possibility.

It's a good question, and the fact that it's hard to tell which one is a damning observation of the current state of affairs.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »

It's a good question, and the fact that it's hard to tell which one is a damning observation of the current state of affairs.

I will gladly and rationally give the Trump Adminstration the benefit of the doubt that the likely answer is almost surely rank incompetence.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 09:13:34 PM »

Link is not in English and violates the TOS.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 09:30:59 PM »

Link is not in English and violates the TOS.

Huh
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 12:28:55 AM »

Why is this Trump's fault and not the fault of the local Puerto Rican government? The federal government did what it was supposed to do and sent aid. It's not their fault the locals were too incompetent to make use of it. The only thing Trump could really do to "fix" Puerto Rico is put it under direct federal rule but I'm not sure that's constitutional and if he did it, he would surely be attacked as racist.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 12:47:18 AM »

Why is this Trump's fault and not the fault of the local Puerto Rican government? The federal government did what it was supposed to do and sent aid. It's not their fault the locals were too incompetent to make use of it. The only thing Trump could really do to "fix" Puerto Rico is put it under direct federal rule but I'm not sure that's constitutional and if he did it, he would surely be attacked as racist.

Except it's FEMA's job to also distribute, so there's that.

Might I mention that FEMA blockaded a good numbers of ports that prevented foreign aid to arrive on time as well?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »

Might I mention that FEMA blockaded a good numbers of ports that prevented foreign aid to arrive on time as well?

The local government’s means to distribute might have been impacted by the storm, too, one might think.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:06:04 PM »

The local government’s means to distribute might have been impacted by the storm, too, one might think.

Oh, certainly. The government didn't have the necessary resources to reach the isolated communities in the mountains that were cut off by damage and slides.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies