WI Marquette: Baldwin up 53-42 over Vukmir (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:34:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI Marquette: Baldwin up 53-42 over Vukmir (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI Marquette: Baldwin up 53-42 over Vukmir  (Read 3286 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: September 18, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »

Wisconsin has a GOP state assembly, GOP state senate, GOP governorship, and votes GOP for president. How in the blazing h_ll is it a blue state? It is red by every conceivable measure except for one Democratic Senator, and by that standard Montana is a blue state.

Wisconsin's state government seems primed to swing against the party that controls the White House, and it did just that under Obama, although the legislative maps were pretty thoroughly gerrymandered and that neutered the Democrats' chances of flipping it back. This is all pretty well documented. I'm not sure what the popular vote totals were for the Assembly/state Senate races, but I'd wager they were similar to the US House popular vote for Wisconsin, which alternated between Rs winning it in midterms and Democrats winning it in presidential years. Sounds like purple state behavior to me.

You're investing too much in state govt control. Democrats controlled a bunch of state govts in the South, including the legislatures, but had long stopped winning them at the presidential level, and they got booted out en masse under Obama. Many of them hardly qualified as Democratic states before that even if Democrats had a lot of residual power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies