WI Marquette: Evers up 49-44 over Walker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:18:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI Marquette: Evers up 49-44 over Walker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: WI Marquette: Evers up 49-44 over Walker  (Read 4308 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »

Marquette had Clinton+6 in the 2nd November 2016. Let's all remember. Second of all, this may be good news for the Dems, but the legislature won't flip if all the gains are concentrated in Milwaukee and Dane counties. This means that if Walker loses and wins a revenge 2022 matchup, we'll be back to a GOP trifecta in no time. Stay watchful, Wisconsin Dems. Don't get complacent and keep fighting.

Lol why would the gains be centered around Madison and Milwaukee? The most elastic region of Wisconsin is upstate. I expect smaller movements in the southern quadrant of the state and, if the polling is correct, a big movement toward Evers upstate compared to 2014.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »

I sure hope that he is indeed a dead man Walkering.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 06:47:39 PM »

Marquette had Clinton+6 in the 2nd November 2016. Let's all remember. Second of all, this may be good news for the Dems, but the legislature won't flip if all the gains are concentrated in Milwaukee and Dane counties. This means that if Walker loses and wins a revenge 2022 matchup, we'll be back to a GOP trifecta in no time. Stay watchful, Wisconsin Dems. Don't get complacent and keep fighting.

Lol why would the gains be centered around Madison and Milwaukee? The most elastic region of Wisconsin is upstate. I expect smaller movements in the southern quadrant of the state and, if the polling is correct, a big movement toward Evers upstate compared to 2014.

Evers also has lasting connections with Central and Northeastern Wisconsin, both places in which he lived and made impact on the education system before his tenure as Super Nintendo.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2018, 06:53:14 PM by Secret Cavern Survivor »

Lean D.
Roblox

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have like 5 pages by now.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 07:09:29 PM »

Don't take any hemorrhofoid posts seriously.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »

Will pundits ever move this race to Lean D?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 08:56:23 PM »

Literally every pundit still has CO-06 and MN-03 as tossups even though Sinea has them down by huge margins with the challengers above 50 and awful Trump approvals and Dem landslides in the GCB. So the answer is no.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »

Considering that most didn't even move it to Toss-Up until very recently, I think the answer is very clearly no.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 10:49:53 PM »

I think people have underestimated the possibility that Walker could end up matching Tom Barret’s performance of around 46% despite being the incumbent governor, if not even worse. 46% sure does seem like his average in the polls so far.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:37 PM »

Marquette is traditionally the "Gold Standard" of WI polling, and we're starting to see one horse break out of the stall with all the momentum on their side, while the other is a lagging former Kentucky Derby winner as "has been" of days of yonder....

I suspect these numbers might well break even stronger in favor of Evers in the next Marquette poll of WI, considering the "Big Mo" is on the Dems side in WI after all of the Election results we have seen from the State.

Old face... hack WI 'Pub GOV who as backed just about every reactionary agenda wearing the "Moderate Face of a Moderate 'Pub GOV", slinking behind his desk cube in the Governor's Mansion, while neglecting to do anything real to address fundamental core issues of concerns to his constituents....

There is a new day blooming in Wisconsin, and Walker is a "has been" virtual clone of Paul Ryan, and never done much at all to stand up for the people of his State against the reactionary forces that existed within the Republican Party at a National Level even prior to Trump, while at the same time slashing taxes on the wealthy, sticking it to the Unions, gutting entitlement programs, etc....

It's a wonder that WOW is so supportive of him in November '18....

Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 11:47:26 PM »

Marquette is traditionally the "Gold Standard" of WI polling, and we're starting to see one horse break out of the stall with all the momentum on their side, while the other is a lagging former Kentucky Derby winner as "has been" of days of yonder....

I suspect these numbers might well break even stronger in favor of Evers in the next Marquette poll of WI, considering the "Big Mo" is on the Dems side in WI after all of the Election results we have seen from the State.

Old face... hack WI 'Pub GOV who as backed just about every reactionary agenda wearing the "Moderate Face of a Moderate 'Pub GOV", slinking behind his desk cube in the Governor's Mansion, while neglecting to do anything real to address fundamental core issues of concerns to his constituents....

There is a new day blooming in Wisconsin, and Walker is a "has been" virtual clone of Paul Ryan, and never done much at all to stand up for the people of his State against the reactionary forces that existed within the Republican Party at a National Level even prior to Trump, while at the same time slashing taxes on the wealthy, sticking it to the Unions, gutting entitlement programs, etc....

It's a wonder that WOW is so supportive of him in November '18....

It's only 5 points and Evers is below 50; Calm down.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2018, 12:05:59 AM »

Remember that time people were called hacks for saying this was a Leans D race back in July/August? I do!
Honestly, they still would be. This is Toss-up at best. Marquette has been hugely wrong before (President Hillary Clinton says hi). Walker is a tough campaigner and is seen as a generational hero in the Milwaukee suburbs (the apparent kind of places Dems focus on to the detriment of the rurals). 
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2018, 12:15:40 AM »

Remember that time people were called hacks for saying this was a Leans D race back in July/August? I do!
Honestly, they still would be. This is Toss-up at best. Marquette has been hugely wrong before (President Hillary Clinton says hi). Walker is a tough campaigner and is seen as a generational hero in the Milwaukee suburbs (the apparent kind of places Dems focus on to the detriment of the rurals). 

Now that college-educated whites are shifting away from the Republican Party, I can see the WOW counties voting for Walker by lesser margins than they did in 2010, 2012, and 2014 for Walker.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 12:16:45 AM »

Sure "College-educated whites" are flocking to the Dems, but for every new "1%er Mollie Sue" in Ozaukee County gained, there are 3 Bruce's losing their jobs due to Dem neglect in the Northwoods and flocking to the GOP.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 12:18:12 AM »

I was saying Walker was finished like a year and a half ago. Lmao
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 12:20:32 AM »

I'm sure Walker would be thanking you for doing your part to encourage complacency among Wisconsin Dems.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »

I'm sure Walker would be thanking you for doing your part to encourage complacency among Wisconsin Dems.

Complacency is definitely not an issue among Wisconsin Dems; nobody thinks Evers winning is a sure thing. On this forum, maybe, but Wisconsin Dems know this race is a tossup.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »

Sure "College-educated whites" are flocking to the Dems, but for every new "1%er Mollie Sue" in Ozaukee County gained, there are 3 Bruce's losing their jobs due to Dem neglect in the Northwoods and flocking to the GOP.

I live in Sauk County, and I have to say, the idea that people "flocked" to the GOP dramatically overstates the case. People were willing to try Trump over Clinton, but they didn't like her. Tony Evers is not Hillary Clinton.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 12:59:47 PM »

Bruh....whyd you change your name? Whatever happened to "Third term Walker" and "Titanium Red Wisconsin"
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »

Bruh....whyd you change your name? Whatever happened to "Third term Walker" and "Titanium Red Wisconsin"

He'll probably change his name to "Walker 2022" if he loses.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 05:37:38 PM »

Hofoid- You do realize Tony Evers is doing better with non college whites then Hillary right?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2018, 07:35:34 AM »

I'm a believer! Tilt D
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »

What do you guys think of Walker's recent tweet about this particular Marquette poll?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2018, 06:02:03 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2018, 09:56:48 PM by Cory Booker »

Yes, Hillary with her ethics was on the ticket running with Feingold. Feinhold would have no trouble winning this year
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies