WI Marquette: Evers up 49-44 over Walker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:39:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI Marquette: Evers up 49-44 over Walker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI Marquette: Evers up 49-44 over Walker  (Read 4343 times)
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« on: September 18, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »
« edited: September 18, 2018, 02:36:13 PM by Wisconsinite »

Frankly, I'm shocked MU has him leading. Let's hope Evers continues to lead like this for the next 49 days until the election!

Tilt-D until another poll shows them either tied or Walker leading.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 03:31:16 PM »

Marquette (and many other polls) indicated that Feingold was leading. Then, Election Day approached and we got the opposite result. So, no, I am not by any means underestimating Walker, even in the midst of a blue wave. He is the Ted Cruz of Wisconsin.

Heck, his strict voter ID law might send many Democrats back home like it did in 2016.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »

I'm not kidding when I say this (and I wish I was), but I work at a company in Fitchburg (a Madison suburb) with a lot of liberals. I can name 3 or 4 people (who planned on voting for Hillary) who were sent back home due to the strict voter ID law. This is part of the reason why Hillary lost the electoral vote in WI in 2016 and why Feingold lost. The fact of the matter is that there are more registered Democrats in WI, and Walker knows this.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:52:37 PM »

Will pundits ever move this race to Lean D?
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:15:40 AM »

Remember that time people were called hacks for saying this was a Leans D race back in July/August? I do!
Honestly, they still would be. This is Toss-up at best. Marquette has been hugely wrong before (President Hillary Clinton says hi). Walker is a tough campaigner and is seen as a generational hero in the Milwaukee suburbs (the apparent kind of places Dems focus on to the detriment of the rurals). 

Now that college-educated whites are shifting away from the Republican Party, I can see the WOW counties voting for Walker by lesser margins than they did in 2010, 2012, and 2014 for Walker.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »

Remember that time people were called hacks for saying this was a Leans D race back in July/August? I do!

I was saying Walker was finished like a year and a half ago. Lmao
I'm sure Walker would be thanking you for doing your part to encourage complacency among Wisconsin Dems.

Bruh....whyd you change your name? Whatever happened to "Third term Walker" and "Titanium Red Wisconsin"

He'll probably change his name to "Walker 2022" if he loses.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »

What do you guys think of Walker's recent tweet about this particular Marquette poll?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies