New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:20:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 152
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 295168 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: March 12, 2019, 01:25:10 PM »

Mike Wells
Peace
Hawaii

Imma be a zombie voter, if any laborite sends me a campaign PM ever then I will deregister.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2019, 12:02:35 AM »

shua
Federalist / Meadowlark
Alaska
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #452 on: March 16, 2019, 06:53:09 PM »

nerd73
Social Credit
Colorado
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #453 on: March 16, 2019, 09:38:19 PM »

nerd73
New Social Credit
Colorado
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #454 on: March 16, 2019, 10:06:13 PM »

Spark498
Mortfortian Party - Meadowlark
Oregon
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2019, 12:34:53 AM »

fhtagn
Atlas Conservative Party
Alaska
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #456 on: March 19, 2019, 12:45:51 AM »

1184AZ
Atlas Conservative Party
Massachusetts

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #457 on: March 19, 2019, 12:49:20 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 01:06:08 AM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

Ben Kenobi
Atlas Conservative Party
Texas

it's on *****es.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #458 on: March 19, 2019, 01:14:01 AM »

Ben Kenobi
Atlas Conservative Party
Texas

it's on *****es.

Too late to realise your mistake, I already have the original screenshotted. Where you accidentally registered in Alaska. So our great RG Peebs will decide whether your editing of your post is valid, or whether you're stuck in Fremont for 6 months.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #459 on: March 19, 2019, 01:16:25 AM »

Christ, jackass. Just f off, please.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #460 on: March 19, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »

PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Conservative Party
Louisiana
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #461 on: March 19, 2019, 01:36:33 AM »

RFayette
Atlas Conservative Party
Iowa
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #462 on: March 19, 2019, 01:37:49 AM »

interesting
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #463 on: March 19, 2019, 01:41:24 AM »

Very interesting indeed
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #464 on: March 19, 2019, 02:20:29 AM »

But also stupid.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2019, 03:12:09 AM »

Does this new incarnation of the Atlas Conservative Party stand by the platform of the old Atlas Conservative Party?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #466 on: March 19, 2019, 04:27:38 AM »

It would be inconsistent of me not to count the original post as a region-change. It ain't pretty, but if the ACP can stand behind calling me a dude, I can stand behind calling Benji K a Fremonter.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2019, 04:27:53 AM »

It would be inconsistent of me not to count the original post as a region-change. It ain't pretty, but if the ACP can stand behind calling me a dude, I can stand behind calling Benji K a Fremonter.

The RG's ruling means that due to region lock, Ben Kenobi is stuck in Fremont for 180 days, so he cannot change his region of registration until 15 September 2019.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2019, 04:30:29 AM »

Well our glorious RG Peebs has made her ruling, and you're stuck in Fremont until September. So I'm not stickybeaking, given I'm one of your regional MPs. And as an MP I am greatly moved by matters concerning my constituents.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #469 on: March 19, 2019, 06:43:50 AM »

As always justice takes a back seat to douchebaggery.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2019, 06:46:54 AM »

So I'm not stickybeaking, given I'm one of your regional MPs. And as an MP I am greatly moved by matters concerning my constituents.

Representatives act in the best interests of their constituents.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »

How is it not justice considering as she referenced there is precedent for doing so. What you tried to do was circumvent the law by moving and then deleting/editing the evidence before anyone could see it. Only mob guys would consider that to be just.

We have move restrictions to cut down on strategic registration, which is very harmful to the regions and to regional interests.

We also have a doctrine known as equal justice, the opposite of arbitrary law, by which people are upheld to the same laws regardless of who they are. This has shades of that time in June 2011, when you demanded an exception to the rule on voting twice.

Now I would agree the addendum at the end could cloud ones interpretation of the action taken, but that doesn't change the circumstances regarding the action itself. A conservative should oppose arbitrary law and a federalist conservative cares about the impacts on the regions.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2019, 12:22:23 PM »

How is it not justice considering as she referenced there is precedent for doing so. What you tried to do was circumvent the law by moving and then deleting/editing the evidence before anyone could see it. Only mob guys would consider that to be just.

We have move restrictions to cut down on strategic registration, which is very harmful to the regions and to regional interests.

We also have a doctrine known as equal justice, the opposite of arbitrary law, by which people are upheld to the same laws regardless of who they are. This has shades of that time in June 2011, when you demanded an exception to the rule on voting twice.

Now I would agree the addendum at the end could cloud ones interpretation of the action taken, but that doesn't change the circumstances regarding the action itself. A conservative should oppose arbitrary law and a federalist conservative cares about the impacts on the regions.
I would think that you would understand that the blind crusade of "the law" can be a pain in the ass and bad for the game when it carries over to game operation. Tell me, would it harm me, you, or anyone if we just accepted this as mistake and allowed BK to stay in the South? This obviously wasn't a "strategic registration", the intent was clear. All this is doing is creating a problem that doesn't need to exist. This is exactly what happened last summer when some "legal expert" just had to be all like "well deregistration isn't right there in the law" despite it being a practice that was 1. arguably not illegal and 2. a well established practice that nobody cared about until it was touched by the blind crusade of "the law". It created a crisis that didn't need to be, and that in turn makes life harder for everyone over something that never mattered anyway. And that's what is happening here. This is a game, and it isn't fun to do this. It's less enjoyable when everyone has to be a real life lawyer on these things. We ought to just let there be some flexibility in situations like this, because it isn't going to negatively affect anyone to.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2019, 12:40:43 PM »

I would think that you would understand that the blind crusade of "the law" can be a pain in the ass and bad for the game when it carries over to game operation. Tell me, would it harm me, you, or anyone if we just accepted this as mistake and allowed BK to stay in the South? This obviously wasn't a "strategic registration", the intent was clear. All this is doing is creating a problem that doesn't need to exist. This is exactly what happened last summer when some "legal expert" just had to be all like "well deregistration isn't right there in the law" despite it being a practice that was 1. arguably not illegal and 2. a well established practice that nobody cared about until it was touched by the blind crusade of "the law". It created a crisis that didn't need to be, and that in turn makes life harder for everyone over something that never mattered anyway. And that's what is happening here. This is a game, and it isn't fun to do this. It's less enjoyable when everyone has to be a real life lawyer on these things. We ought to just let there be some flexibility in situations like this, because it isn't going to negatively affect anyone to.

Actually, I was known as the King of legalism and it was a constant trope cited in the radical's anti-Yankee rhetoric. It then was taken to eleven in Mock Parliament when they objected to the codification of even the most basic rules and laws as "Yankee style legalism".

I contend that crisis was the result of deregistration existing in the first place. You can leave the game at any time, the registration falls off the rolls in short order. That is how the game worked for almost six years.

There is also a dangerous precedent set here regarding editing of posts and later claiming justification because it was correcting a mistake. This could be used to become the new deregistration to move loophole and that is my primary concern here.

And to get back to my first point, if you think the laws should apply equally to all, than it is necessary to have equal and not arbitrary enforcement. This is the very doctrine being applied that caused the radicals to despise "Yankee style legalism". We always play this game of creating rules or standards and then finding justifications to avoid them, ironically through the very same legalism you are decrying. Another BK, Bacon King's patented "loophole abuse" back in the day comes to mind. Yes, it addressed problems in the moment, but it exposed a vulnerability, a weakness that can be exploited and abused and I would contend, haven't we already seen quite a lot of abuse in this game of various kinds to know that isn't just some unlikely scenario?

The answer to avoiding abuse and having a fair and just system is and always is equal, not arbitrary justice.

Nyssus
Misteeer
United States

« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2019, 02:18:15 PM »

Miseeess
Independent
Georgia
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 152  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length