Has the forum been less active the past few days, or is it just me? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:10:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has the forum been less active the past few days, or is it just me? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has the forum been less active the past few days, or is it just me?  (Read 695 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: September 19, 2018, 07:42:35 PM »

The past couple days have been really active, posts-wise:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats;expand=201809#201809

The Trump era has made Atlas much more active, but activity really spiked in December 2017 and hasn't let up since. This month will probably be another 53,000+ post/month.

More to your question - the past few days have been really active as well. Yesterday was just shy of 1,900 posts, which is a lot, and today might hit around 1,750 - 1,800.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »

It may just be on other boards too. For example, polling is picking up, so that is naturally going to drive up activity on poll-related boards.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 11:04:02 PM »

@NOVA - Very ambitious!

Unfortunately the "views" counter for each thread/board is just a simple integer representing the count. There is also a setting that logs individual views too that might be enabled, but I don't think it logs Guest views. That would result in a lot of data.

It's pretty interesting to look at data like that, and how the amount of posts fluctuates. How come there's so many more predictions in 2004 and 2008 compared to more recent elections like 2016 and 2018?

Who knows! Maybe it was a bigger thing back then, and the thread was probably stickied too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies