From 2018 To Beyond: Starting with Detailed 2018 Election Night Coverage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  From 2018 To Beyond: Starting with Detailed 2018 Election Night Coverage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From 2018 To Beyond: Starting with Detailed 2018 Election Night Coverage  (Read 24327 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 21, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »

LIVE LOOK AT THE US ELECTION ATLAS FORUM ELECTION DAY MEGATHREAD

The afternoon of November 6, 2018: ELECTION DAY, on the internet

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:08:24 PM »

dang, this kind of attention to detail might work for some Timelines where Election Night is detailed overnight after a campaign season.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »

c'mon Hugin, Scott, and Cruz for Senate.

Also, same for Lee.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »

I'm calling that Cruz barely wins by 1-2% while Baldwin wins re-election by 5-10%. At the same time, Nelson wins re-election but the recount shows he have a .1% victory. AZ goes to Sinema, who will win by 3-6%. so as of that, the Republicans would have a net gain of 1 seat while the Democrats pick up one for themselves. ND still hasn't come in yet but I do think Cramer has a distinct advantage in winning that state.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 03:51:15 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2018, 03:55:12 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

I'm shocked about WI and WY Senate races. The fact that Barrasso is under 50 with 67% in might convince him to give up for Wyoming. WI however, is interesting. 83% is in and it's a 7.6% gap between the two. That could mean that once it gets around 93-95% it's called, but it'll be within 3-5% for Baldwin. Meanwhile, it's currently not too good for Cramer but it's likely because Bismarck is largely coming in for Heitkamp. As more of the vote comes in, I think Cramer will begin to dominate as Heitkamp's vote against Kavanaugh will come back to bite her as the night continues. Montana will be interesting. IIRC, Tester is reasonably popular and Rosendale is an unknown in the state. Trump is also reasonably popular there as well, so he could pull Rosendale, but it could be a 2012 situation where it's in the 40s percentage wise. We'll know once around 25%-30% of the vote is in, as the cities will come in first but more of the vote comes in later on. Even if Tester doesn't win, he'll be wounded for the future. Arizona is going to Sinema, it'll just depend on when it's called and her lead. NV is going to be tricky. After Las Vegas comes in, we'll have to see how the rest of the state goes. Rosen will win it, but it'll be determined by how much it goes for her. If it's small, Heller wins, but if it goes for her in a moderate or big way, she wins. Either way, the senate suspense is real.

EDIT: Another big surprise is MN-Special. 65% in and it's a 4.1% gap between the two. Even if 35% is left, it's clear Franken's scandal really hurt the Democrats in the seat and the fact it isn't called yet is really telling. It could be the reason why WI is close but I'm very interested in these results and if this was real, I would be on my second cup of coffee and my third bowl of popcorn by now.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 09:58:47 PM »

I'm very interested in these results and if this was real, I would be on my second cup of coffee and my third bowl of popcorn by now.

LOL, I ate 3 bowls of popcorn on election night 2016. I felt a bit sick after that, but it was worth it.

Lol, I've ate four burgers without getting sick, so you get used to it if you Train yourself
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »

Honestly it's North Dakota and Montana. Those two Senate races can decide everything. If Cramer and Rosendale lose, the Senate Composition will be 50-50, if they win, it will be 52-48. Even though the Republicans lose the House, gaining even one seat in the Senate and possibly limiting their losses in the House would be considered a victory and Trump will be able to use the House as a scapegoat in 2020. A main thing for the Senate though is Senate Majority Leader McConnell cannot run in 2020. His unpopularity could be a key factor in why Republican gains were so limited this year. In fact, any Republican that is in their third or higher term should resign. The GOP needs some fresh blood and doing that will help them in the long run.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:35 PM »

with a .4% lead, Tester is in serious danger of recount territory and 7% of the vote is left and I do think that most of that is from Rural areas, which will certainly help Rosendale. Final MT Senate Prediction is 49.1% Rosendale, 48.9% Tester, 2% Others. In North Dakota, Heitkamp is finished. There is 5% of the vote left and Cramer has a 4.2% lead over her. Most of the Urban areas have come in at this point and much of the remaining 5% will help Cramer consolidate his win. I predict it will be 52.5%-53.1% Cramer, 47.2%-46.4% Heitkamp, .3%-.5% Others. Final Senate Prediction is 52 R, 48 D
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 09:32:19 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies