The Rise of a Centrist Third Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:31:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Rise of a Centrist Third Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Rise of a Centrist Third Party  (Read 3176 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:18:50 AM »

Breaking News: Donald Trump stuns political world with an stunning upset victory over Hillary Clinton in Presidential Race

You must be logged in to read this quote.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:25:28 AM »

I have decided to create this new mini TL which i will do simultaneously with the Romney Admin TL(though that will warp up soon) and the new TL i will do after the epilogue section of the Romney Admin is completed.

This TL will not be as detailed and cover day to day events like the Romney Admin does but really only cover stuff like elections and other major events which cause this rise to happen.

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 12:33:19 AM »

Go on.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 12:36:47 AM »

Prominent Never Trumper and Ohio Governor John Kasich meets with former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg to discuss the implications of the election and what they can do about it.

Bloomberg: This election not only marks the rise of the populist right but also the populist left as after the failure of Hillary Clinton I am almost certain that the populist left will begin to take over the Democratic Party at least over the next 4 years.

Kasich: And The Republican party likely will have to wait 8 years until the non populist right has a chance again. With the Democratic Party also seemingly to go over the edge as well I really am worried about the foreseeable future.

Bloomberg: My opinion is we need to create a third party , as that is the only way we can fight the populist left and right and possibly end gridlock in this nation.

Kasich: For that to work we need to recruit members from both sides so if we are to start it we need a Democrat in it too

Bloomberg: Some Democrats who could be dissatisfied are blue dog democrats so we could go after them first .

Kasich: We also need to make sure that our first goal is 2018

Bloomberg: I agree
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 12:44:10 AM »

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and former Presidential Rival of Hillary Clinton slams the current leadership in the Democratic Party and blames them for the results of the election. He also calls for the work they started in the 2016 primaries to continue in the 2018 primaries.

Bernie Sanders: The Democratic Establishment is trying to blame our campaign for the victory of Donald Trump instead of taking any responsibility for their failure. I want to remind them that we did better than Hillary in almost every poll and yet the party establishment did its best to choose Hillary, and caused the party to lose over 1000 seats during the past 8 years. The fact is no they are the failures and they have failed ever since they failed to use the super majorities the party had in 2009 to bring real change and that failure led us to lose the house and senate to a right wing extremist republican party and lose the presidential race to the unpopular candidate in history. It is time that they step aside for this failure and allow a new generation of leadership to take over and if they dont it is time for us to continue the work we started in 2016 into the 2018 primaries and use it to primary much of the establishment and take over the party that way.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »

Former Bernie Sanders's top campaign officials teams up with TYT to create a PAC called Justice Democrats. PAC is designed to not only promote Bernie's Agenda but go after Democrats they call Corporate Democrats or Neo-Liberal Democrats.

Democrats they have already planned to run a primary challenge against:

- Joe Manchin
- Joe Donnelly
- Diane Feinstein
- Andrew Cuomo
- Joe Crowley
- Any Democrat who votes for Trump's supreme court nominee

They also plan to run many justice Democrats in open seats
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »

Kasich, Bloomberg and Lieberman meet privately for Lunch during Trump's inauguration. They discuss plans for how they can help eject the populist right and populist left out of power once again

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 01:34:45 PM »

Justice Democrats announce they will primary Heidi Heitkamp as well after her vote to confirm Gorsuch

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »

Steve Bannon and a few right-wing groups announce they will begin effort to purge Republican party of "Globalists"

Republicans They announce they will primary:

- Paul Ryan
- Jeff Flake
- Bob Corker
- Dean Heller
- Roger Wicker
- Luther Strange
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »

Ideas for Steve Bannon Republicans

Kelli Ward or Joe Arpico for Arizona

Danny Tarkanian Nevada

Roy Moore Alabama

Bryan Steil Wisconsin 1
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »

Danny Tarkanian Nevada

Roy Moore Alabama

Bryan Steil Wisconsin 1

Bryan Steil was literally Paul Ryan's aide before running for the House. I get the feeling Paul Nehlen is implied here. I agree with your other suggestions though, and I assume that Chris McDaniel and Marsha Blackburn are Bannon's picks for MS and TN.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »

Danny Tarkanian Nevada

Roy Moore Alabama

Bryan Steil Wisconsin 1

Bryan Steil was literally Paul Ryan's aide before running for the House. I get the feeling Paul Nehlen is implied here. I agree with your other suggestions though, and I assume that Chris McDaniel and Marsha Blackburn are Bannon's picks for MS and TN.

Its Nehlen
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 09:54:51 PM »

John Kasich, Michael Bloomberg, and Joe Lieberman announce the creation of New Centrist Reformist party in a Press Conference. The name of the new party is called The Alliance Party

John Kasich: When I go around America, people ask me why have things become so polarized and Democrats ask me is Donald Trump to blame and my answer to that is no, Republicans ask me is Barack Obama to blame my answer to them is also no. The problem goes much deeper than that and that is that the two party system is to blame for this. Instead of both parties coming to the center to work together both parties have decided to go more to the extreme and it has made things even worse and that results in people getting mad and electing a bunch of people who say they will bring change but the problem is they are even more extremist then the politicians they replace so the problem gets even worse and it seems like there is way out of that vicious cycle.

Michael Bloomberg: The answer to that is by giving the people an alternative from the center. So for that reason we have decided to start a new party called the Alliance Party. The party is for both Centrist Republicans and Democrats who feel both parties have left them and desperately want an alternative.

Joe Lieberman: The goal of this new party is to force the other two parties have to work with the center if they want to win instead of just appealing to extremists.

Media Member: As you know know third party has won any state in a Presidential Election since 1968 and in that case it was a heavily rationalistic party  . How do you plan to do things different

Bloomberg: Our first goal is to focus on 2018 and electing enough members in both the house and senate so we can deny either party a majoirty in either chamber.Once we do that we can force both parties to move to the center if they want to be the governing party in that chamber and force both parties to make reforms to the House and Senate rules which would end gridlock as well

Media Member: Will you be running in every race

John Kasich: No we will be running in districts and state where number 1 we feel have a good chance of winning , number two not represented by Republicans or Democrats who are more moderate and have done a good job .

Media Member: So if you like a Republican or Democrat you wont run a candidate against them

Lieberman: That is correct as we feel if they have done a good job they deserve to be reelected . Our main goal is to make Washington work again not to grab power so trying to get rid of those congressman and senators wont do our nation any favors.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »

I think this concept is a bit bland but your timelines always manage to interest me so I hope this can change my expectations.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 10:06:11 PM »

I think this concept is a bit bland but your timelines always manage to interest me so I hope this can change my expectations.

Thanks
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 06:31:30 AM »

I like this concept. Go on!
JoeyOCanada
Canada

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 10:46:33 AM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »

Does Charlie Baker join the party? And Arnie?

And this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2018, 02:18:20 PM by Old School Republican »

Arnie might if he decides to run for Senator in 2018.

The Party though is committed to supporting Incumbent Republicans and Democrats like Charlie Baker and John Bel Edwards for reelection no matter what party they decide to run in and would prefer them to stay in the parties they are in already if that is the best way for them to be reelected.

Their main goal though is in the Congressional Elections and getting enough seats to deny either party a majority in either chamber. Even then their mainly targeting Republicans in the Trump/Tea Party wing and Democrats in the Sanders/Justice Democrats wing. Their will be a few exceptions to that rule (which I wont reveal yet but will soon)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »

Thanks
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 05:24:13 PM »

Alliance Party Lists Congressional Reforms they would pursue:

- Committee Chairs should be chosen by seniority not by Party Leadership

- Any Bill passed by a committee must be brought up for debate by the full floor of the House or Senate

- Abolishment of the Hastert Rule

Congressional Powers Ceded to President:

- Taking back many war and trade authority which Congress handed to the executive branch during the past few decades
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 12:00:00 AM »

Bloomberg, Kasich, and Lieberman all wish McCain well in his fight against Cancer.

Kasich:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lieberman: Senator John McCain has always been one of my best friends and is one of the strongest people I know. Prayers for a speedy recovery my friend.

Bloomberg: Senator McCain is one of the strongest people I know and a true hero. Prayers for a speedy recovery

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 12:00:40 AM »

Alliance Party thanks McCain for voting against the Obamacare Repeal

Bloomberg: While our Healthcare system needs to be improved, this bill would have been a disaster and made the system even worse. So I want to thank Senator John McCain for standing up to his principles and voting no on this bill, and I wish more of Washington followed his example.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 08:45:01 AM »

N U T N U T N U T N U T N U T N U T N U T N U T
OBD
Junior Chimp