AZ NBC/Marist: Sinema +3 H2H, +2 with Green candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  AZ NBC/Marist: Sinema +3 H2H, +2 with Green candidate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AZ NBC/Marist: Sinema +3 H2H, +2 with Green candidate  (Read 2000 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:52:35 AM »
« edited: September 25, 2018, 05:56:06 AM by TheRocketRaccoon »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-news-poll-it-s-neck-neck-arizona-senate-race-n912696

Nice that Sinema still leads with the Green candidate in the mix.

H2H:

Sinema 48

McSally 45

with Green candidate Angela Green:

Sinema 45

McSally 43

Green 6

Sinema favorables 46/33

McSally favorables 40/42

Trump approval 44/51

GCB D+3 (47-44)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 06:00:22 AM »

This race is close
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:15 AM »

Sort of. It's not a Nelson/Scott type race. Sinema has been up at least 3-6 in most of the recent polls.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 06:05:48 AM »

Lean D, as it will likely remain until Election Day.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 06:06:32 AM »

But I was told by Atlas that the tutu ad was a BRUTAL attack ad that would surely destroy her. Atlas loves to ignore the countless pages of political scientific research that shows TV ads have almost nil impact on the electorate.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 06:10:14 AM »

But I was told by Atlas that the tutu ad was a BRUTAL attack ad that would surely destroy her. Atlas loves to ignore the countless pages of political scientific research that shows TV ads have almost nil impact on the electorate.

The best part about this is McSally being underwater here, so the tutu ad might have backfired on her instead Purple heart
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 06:34:11 AM »

The favorables basically tell the story here. Sinema is +13 and McSally is underwater at -2.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 06:35:55 AM »

McSallys scorched earth campaign obviously was not effective as she hoped. I suppose according to those favorables, Sinema’s PAC’s that are attacking McSally based on policy are doing more work.

While I do personally think TV ads are the most effective way to communicate with voters, at the same time voters are able to read between the lines. McSally hasn’t aired one ad that talks about issues, they’re basically all “Sinema opposed the Iraq war so vote me”

*****Also McSallys own campaign website doesn’t have a single page that discusses where she stands on issues, so basically not a single ad or website states where she stands on anything, her campaign website is one big donation page*****

still waiting for a Quinnipiac poll
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 06:40:08 AM »

The race has tightened since the primary, but Sinema appears to still have a small lead. Tossup to Leans D.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 07:27:07 AM »

GCB is only D+3 in this poll, not enough to really pick up anything besides McSally's old seat.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »

McSallys scorched earth campaign obviously was not effective as she hoped. I suppose according to those favorables, Sinema’s PAC’s that are attacking McSally based on policy are doing more work.

While I do personally think TV ads are the most effective way to communicate with voters, at the same time voters are able to read between the lines. McSally hasn’t aired one ad that talks about issues, they’re basically all “Sinema opposed the Iraq war so vote me”

*****Also McSallys own campaign website doesn’t have a single page that discusses where she stands on issues, so basically not a single ad or website states where she stands on anything, her campaign website is one big donation page*****

She even did worse than opposing the Iraq War. She also opposed military action in Afghanistan even immediately after 9/11 while the American people was unanimously rallied around the flag to combat terrorism.

And also McSally reminds voters that she is the first American woman to fly in combat following the 1991 lifting of the prohibition on female combat pilots. And backgrounds too can be effective in communicating with voters because that is a matter of qualification.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 07:44:56 AM »

She even did worse than opposing the Iraq War. She also opposed military action in Afghanistan even immediately after 9/11 while the American people was unanimously rallied around the flag to combat terrorism.

And also McSally reminds voters that she is the first American woman to fly in combat following the 1991 lifting of the prohibition on female combat pilots. And backgrounds too can be effective in communicating with voters because that is a matter of qualification.
you make it sound like opposing the Iraq War was/is a bad thing Smiley
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 07:47:37 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2018, 08:09:29 AM by UWS »

I was talking about opposing the War in Afghanistan where the perpetrators of 9/11 were hiding.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 08:21:02 AM »

I was talking about opposing the War in Afghanistan where the perpetrators of 9/11 were hiding.
yeah but you said "even worse" which would make it seem like you believe opposing it is a bad thing in terms of the Iraq war, can you prove she actually opposed this, though?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 08:24:15 AM »

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/dem-primaries/224919-candidates-stance-on-afghan-iraq-wars-faces-scrutiny-in-dem-primary

Drawing a distinction between full-out war and military intervention, Sinema said she would have voted for the joint resolution authorizing military force in Afghanistan that Congress approved three days after 9/11.

But she makes no excuses about her vociferous opposition to the Iraq war, arguing that unlike the Gulf War, which she said she supported, there was neither a strategic nor a humanitarian reason for the 2003 incursion.

Anyways, thanks for all the info! I was kind of pro-McSally before but I am totally gonna endorse Sinema now, any anti-war candidate is my kind of candidate Smiley
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2018, 08:42:08 AM by UWS »

yeah but you said "even worse" which would make it seem like you believe opposing it is a bad thing in terms of the Iraq war, can you prove she actually opposed this, though?

Because before the Iraq War, even there wasn't WMDs there, Saddam Hussein's Iraq was a safe haven for terrorism since Saddam gave sacntuary to radical Islamic terrorists such as Abu Nidal, Abu Abbas (who was directly responsible for the death of Leon Klinghoffer, an American Jew abroad the Achille Lauro) and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad terrorist who was involved in the millennium plot, a terrorist attempt to commit bombing attacks against tourist sites in Jordan as well as against the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the USS The Sullivans in the context of millennium celebrations. After that, al-Zarqawi trained jihadists in Pakistan and Afghanistan. After 2001, he flew to Iraq and Saddam Hussein gave him sanctuary and even rejected requests from Jordan to hand over al-Zarqawi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Zaidan
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 08:51:52 AM »

The problem for GOP is Krysten Sinema looks like Gabby Giffords without the head wound. And Dems can win AZ in 2020😁
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »

The problem for GOP is Krysten Sinema looks like Gabby Giffords without the head wound.

Confused
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 09:47:45 AM »

The problem for GOP is Krysten Sinema looks like Gabby Giffords without the head wound.

Confused
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »

Ok. This is the most wtf OC post I've ever seen.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »

Ok. This is the most wtf OC post I've ever seen.

It’s darkwr than his usual non sequiters
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »

I find Sinema's shtick very annoying, but McSally is easily the more repulsive candidate in this race, and by far one of the worst Republicans running for Congress this year. Arizona's ability to produce some of the worst politicians in the entire country never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway, still Lean D.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 10:40:15 AM »

Still Lean D. As I've said, this looks a lot like FL-SEN 2016, in which it's Fake Moderate Empty Suit (D) vs. Fake Moderate Empty Suit (R), and since it's a Democratic-leaning year rather than a Republican-leaning year, the fake moderate empty suit with a D next to their name will win this time.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »

Good.

I think she's got this.

She = Sinema
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

It would be the irony of ironies if the Green Party was Sinema's Achilles Heel in November.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies