Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:33:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 86552 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2018, 02:29:56 PM »
« edited: April 02, 2019, 09:12:36 PM by Gravelanche »

Since the original is well over 2000 posts, I believe a new thread is in order.

Anyway, it looks like Evers is promoting...tax cuts?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/09/25/democrat-tony-evers-floats-tax-cut-860-000-working-families/1424202002/

-

Old thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=164972.0
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »

Soglin is a no go. He strikes me as a potential power hungry tyrant in the mold of Hugo Chavez. The homeless thing really made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Mitchell definitely has my vote.

I mean Soglin is horrible for a variety of reasons but comparing him to Hugo Freaking Chavez seems a stretch.
Okay I shouldnt have compared him to Chavez but what I meant is that I think he's blowing smoke and mirrors. 

I don’t disagree.

He's a pretty good mayor, sort of in the Jerry Brown model (even if he did deny the liquor license to Taco Bell Tongue), but he's no really campaigning for Governor.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:23:23 PM »

Lol this probably doesn't help Walker much, though I'd wager Foxconn wouldn't have really made a difference in the first place. But still, this sort of undermines his whole pitch.

Also, on a semi-unrelated note, Tony Evers released an internal poll conducted by PPP that has him leading Walker 49-45 in a general election matchup.

Evers also has a +22 favorability rating, compared to Walker's -2.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.scribd.com/document/379973946/WI-Gov-PPP-for-Tony-Evers-May-2018
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 01:12:22 AM »

Soglin is a no go. He strikes me as a potential power hungry tyrant in the mold of Hugo Chavez. The homeless thing really made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Mitchell definitely has my vote.

I mean Soglin is horrible for a variety of reasons but comparing him to Hugo Freaking Chavez seems a stretch.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »

Aka the only group that didn't support mental health reform that was badly needed a few years ago, shows who they are.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 12:34:32 PM »

By a 15-1 vote Milwaukee County Board approves an advisory referendum for marijuana for November.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 04:00:49 PM »

Send desperately need WI to win the electoral map 273 to 279
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »

Seriously? No remarks on the poll? Tongue Seems like I kill threads whenever I post in them, lol.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »

https://wtop.com/government/2018/05/in-wisconsin-do-too-many-democrats-want-to-be-governor/

Democratic voters don't really care who the nominee is, they just want some of these guys who have no chance at winning to drop out of the race. Seriously, it's kind of laughable that there's still 15 candidates running, thinking that they have a chance at winning. Must be hell of an ego trip.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:23 AM »

Everyone expect Evers, Soglin and Vinehout needs to drop out so the Democrats can unite behind one candidate, otherwise they'll have a brutal primary that will help Walker get a third term.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 12:40:45 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2018, 12:44:31 PM by Cory Booker »

I think blue collar unionized workers and blacks who were somewhat divided in 2016 will unite behind soon to be governor Evers,  but it's a tilt D and tossup race like next door with MN and Pawlenty. A ways to go.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28:27 PM »

Barrett out.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »

👋🏻 bye 👋🏻
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »

Everyone expect Evers, Soglin, Mitchell, and Vinehout needs to drop out so the Democrats can unite behind one candidate, otherwise they'll have a brutal primary that will help Walker get a third term.

Soglin is a disaster... everyone on this board complaining that Mahlon Mitchell is a bad candidate and not mentioning the total destruction Soglin would create is being obtuse. Mitchell is young, a firefighter,  and has been able to raise a ton of money and get a crap-load of union support. The ire for him on this board is nonsense.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »

Everyone expect Evers, Soglin, Mitchell, and Vinehout needs to drop out so the Democrats can unite behind one candidate, otherwise they'll have a brutal primary that will help Walker get a third term.

Soglin is a disaster... everyone on this board complaining that Mahlon Mitchell is a bad candidate and not mentioning the total destruction Soglin would create is being obtuse. Mitchell is young, a firefighter,  and has been able to raise a ton of money and get a crap-load of union support. The ire for him on this board is nonsense.

Soglin is really not a disaster, he's been a fine Mayor of Madison, however he has shown the lack of drive necessary to run a campaign against Scott Walker.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »

Soglin is really not a disaster, he's been a fine Mayor of Madison, however he has shown the lack of drive necessary to run a campaign against Scott Walker.

As a recent resident of Madison, I disagree with your prognosis. His wins here may look impressive, but he's run against total nobodies the last two times. His approval rating in town has to be pretty tepid. He spends most of his time whining that there are homeless people loitering and that there aren't enough retailers, as opposed to restaurants/bars, on State Street. He's a cranky old man whose golden age ended in the late 90s. He'd tank in the general, and doesn't deserve the chance to take the rest of the Dem field down with him.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 03:25:39 PM »

mds32
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 09:37:08 PM »

With Tom Barrett out I am completely fine keeping WI-Gov as Lean R now.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 11:11:30 PM »

Good news on Barrett dropping out, but I'm thinking it would consolidate the toxic Milwaukee vote for the unelectable Mitchell.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 11:12:43 PM »

Good news on Barrett dropping out, but I'm thinking it would consolidate the toxic Milwaukee vote for the unelectable Mitchell.
I appreciate you are at least a full-fledged troll now.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 11:15:04 PM »

Hmm, you don't seem to realise that Milwaukee is the best bullet in the Wisconsin GOP arsenal. It's how Walker has dodged every attempt to unseat him to this date.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 11:19:20 PM »

Hmm, you don't seem to realise that Milwaukee is the best bullet in the Wisconsin GOP arsenal. It's how Walker has dodged every attempt to unseat him to this date.
lol
UncleSam

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 11:46:29 PM »

lol
He’s not wrong, Dems would do better with someone not from Milwaukee. Madison would be fine but driftless would be better as a home base of appeal.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 11:53:06 PM »

[quote author=Representative-Elect politicalmasta73
lol
[/quote]
Keep "lol"-ing while RTW is still in the books, workers are having more rights stripped away, and the GOP has a permanent hold on the state.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies