Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:53:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 90092 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: December 03, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »

people who live in cities are utterly worthless imo. why are they even allowed to vote
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1251 on: December 03, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »

Just thought I'd share this email. Stephen Nass is an a-hole! So ashamed to have such a terrible, corrupt representative!

Um... makes me wonder what you sent him. The email didn't seem out of the ordinary. lol at "corrupt", whatever buzzwords you can throw I guess.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1252 on: December 03, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »

According to Jay Schroeder, the Republican who lost the Secretary of State race, a "State Electoral College" is on the cards, too, because Madison and Milwaukee "voted" for the rest of the state this time. It's on his Facebook page. The WI GOP is truly a broken record - I think we have the most corrupt and greedy GOP establishment.

This is horrific and it should never happen, but this gives me another fun idea for a post.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1253 on: December 03, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »

concept: people should be given more or less ballots on election day depending on how american they are

gay: -1 ballot
lives in urban area: -1 ballot
not christian: -1 ballot
not protestant: -1/2 ballot

white: +1 ballot
owns a farm: +1 ballot
has at any point tweeted the phrase "all lives matter": +1 ballot
proud owner of a pair of truck nuts: +1 ballot
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #1254 on: December 03, 2018, 02:03:37 PM »

According to Jay Schroeder, the Republican who lost the Secretary of State race, a "State Electoral College" is on the cards, too, because Madison and Milwaukee "voted" for the rest of the state this time. It's on his Facebook page. The WI GOP is truly a broken record - I think we have the most corrupt and greedy GOP establishment.

This is horrific and it should never happen, but this gives me another fun idea for a post.

If a "State Electoral College" were to pass, I envision that were would be days of massive protests at the State Capitol. I am almost confident this would never be allowable - it's just rather comical like someone else said.

Just thought I'd share this email. Stephen Nass is an a-hole! So ashamed to have such a terrible, corrupt representative!

Um... makes me wonder what you sent him. The email didn't seem out of the ordinary. lol at "corrupt", whatever buzzwords you can throw I guess.

I should've added that I wasn't the person who sent this email, so sorry for the lack of information. A neighbor of mine posted this on Facebook and gave me permission to share. And I stand by what I said about my Representative - he's horrible from experience!
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1255 on: December 03, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

some of these jackoffs like schroeder and fitzgerald need to be RICO'd
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1256 on: December 03, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »

I think Georgia had something like this a long time ago and it was ruled unconstitutional (one person one vote)

Perhaps, this will force Dems to care more about than just urbanites.

How about Republicans care more about than just hill people?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1257 on: December 03, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »

This entire garbage is entirely the reason that the WISC is so important in the coming two years. The Dems have one seat up in 2019, and the GOP has one up near the primary season in 2020. Winning both would give the Ds a majority on the court and prevent such disgusting abuses(and would also get us a court map for redistricting).
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #1258 on: December 03, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »

This entire garbage is entirely the reason that the WISC is so important in the coming two years. The Dems have one seat up in 2019, and the GOP has one up near the primary season in 2020. Winning both would give the Ds a majority on the court and prevent such disgusting abuses(and would also get us a court map for redistricting).

The political climate in this state stresses me out. I know that similar stuff is happening in other states (i.e. Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia), but Wisconsin politics has been extremely polarizing since Walker's Act 10, which prompted me and many of my family members to leave the public sector. It's been "Us vs. Them" in Wisconsin since 2011. WI politics was nothing like this before Walker, so what's happened to our state this past decade deeply saddens me. Our own governor bashes Madison and once said that "the last thing we need is Madison in our lives."
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1259 on: December 03, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »

I should've added that I wasn't the person who sent this email, so sorry for the lack of information. A neighbor of mine posted this on Facebook and gave me permission to share. And I stand by what I said about my Representative - he's horrible from experience!

Ok, I didn't know that. Still, the email didn't seem jerky to me. He's my state senator as well but if he's terrible from your experience then that's your opinion.

The political climate in this state stresses me out. I know that similar stuff is happening in other states (i.e. Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia), but Wisconsin politics has been extremely polarizing since Walker's Act 10, which prompted me and many of my family members to leave the public sector. It's been "Us vs. Them" in Wisconsin since 2011. WI politics was nothing like this before Walker, so what's happened to our state this past decade deeply saddens me. Our own governor bashes Madison and once said that "the last thing we need is Madison in our lives."

Couldn't that be referring to state government, cause that's where the capital is? So instead he's essentially saying we don't need government in our lives. Context would be nice.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #1260 on: December 03, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2018, 05:23:58 PM by No More Scottholes »

Ok, I didn't know that. Still, the email didn't seem jerky to me. He's my state senator as well but if he's terrible from your experience then that's your opinion.

Couldn't that be referring to state government, cause that's where the capital is? So instead he's essentially saying we don't need government in our lives. Context would be nice.

Um, the Wisconsin GOP fcking HATES Madison and Milwaukee. If I could give you more examples, I would.

Also, Rep. Chris Taylor is giving them HELL right now at the Joint Committee hearing!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1261 on: December 03, 2018, 05:24:44 PM »

Err, I mean, if he signed a gerrymandered map with the intent to lock in majorities regardless of any plausible voter backlash, I'd say he is quite literally corrupt. Same goes for every other politician out there who has done the same.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #1262 on: December 03, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »

Err, I mean, if he signed a gerrymandered map with the intent to lock in majorities regardless of any plausible voter backlash, I'd say he is quite literally corrupt. Same goes for every other politician out there who has done the same.

Thank you. Like I said before ElectionsGuy's response, WI politics has been very divisive since Walker's ACT 10. There isn't much context needed in our governor's assertion, "The last thing we need is more Madison in our lives." He is the governor; thus, he should be interested in serving ALL Wisconsin citizens, not just the select who vote the way he likes.

If ElectionsGuy needs more examples of the WI GOP despising its two largest urban centers, here's a latest example:

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1263 on: December 03, 2018, 09:35:39 PM »

F**k these people.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1264 on: December 03, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »

My question is, in the 2010 lame duck session when Dems had the trifecta, why didn't the pass independent redistricting?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1265 on: December 03, 2018, 10:01:33 PM »

My question is, in the 2010 lame duck session when Dems had the trifecta, why didn't the pass independent redistricting?

The 2010 lame duck session was pretty successful. The Dems passed DADT repeal, the New Start treaty, and some other major stuff. They were given the trifecta one time in the middle of a total economic meltdown and expected to solve all the worlds problems, when the Republicans were given it in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2016.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1266 on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:29 PM »

The 2010 lame duck session was pretty successful. The Dems passed DADT repeal, the New Start treaty, and some other major stuff. They were given the trifecta one time in the middle of a total economic meltdown and expected to solve all the worlds problems, when the Republicans were given it in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2016.

I meant in Wisconsin.  When Democrats have the opportunity in a swing state, they should always try and get an independent redistricting commission passed, because they never will know when they shoe may be on the other foot.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1267 on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1268 on: December 04, 2018, 12:48:18 AM »

Sounds like they removed the two week early vote restriction from the bill about moving the Presidential primary to the bill the limits Governor/AG authority on lawsuits. The thought is the Republicans don't have the vote to move the primary up, but has the vote on the lawsuit limitations.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1269 on: December 04, 2018, 01:42:07 AM »

Sounds like they removed the two week early vote restriction from the bill about moving the Presidential primary to the bill the limits Governor/AG authority on lawsuits. The thought is the Republicans don't have the vote to move the primary up, but has the vote on the lawsuit limitations.

Ironically, this is the same reason Wisconsin still has same-day voter registration: they found out it was too expensive and too disruptive to end it.

That's one way to protect pro-voter policy. Make it so expensive to end it that even the professional hacks in the GOP balk at the cost Pacman
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1270 on: December 04, 2018, 08:04:30 AM »

2020 presidential primary date did not get a vote in committee. Looks like it failed.

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1271 on: December 04, 2018, 08:15:52 AM »

Dane County Clerk Scott McDonnell is the hero in defeating this proposal. He was able to organize 64 of the 72 county clerks across the state to come out against the bill including those in Ozaukee and Waukesha.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1272 on: December 04, 2018, 09:36:20 AM »

Dane County Clerk Scott McDonnell is the hero in defeating this proposal. He was able to organize 64 of the 72 county clerks across the state to come out against the bill including those in Ozaukee and Waukesha.

Real life hero
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1273 on: December 04, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »

Thank you. Like I said before ElectionsGuy's response, WI politics has been very divisive since Walker's ACT 10. There isn't much context needed in our governor's assertion, "The last thing we need is more Madison in our lives." He is the governor; thus, he should be interested in serving ALL Wisconsin citizens, not just the select who vote the way he likes.

If ElectionsGuy needs more examples of the WI GOP despising its two largest urban centers, here's a latest example:

Kinda surprised (well, not really) that he'd be unaware of the rural resentment considering Wisconsin is the subject of probably the most popular case study about rural resentment of the decade.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1274 on: December 04, 2018, 01:16:30 PM »

Wow, this is worse than I thought:

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies