Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 85563 times)
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: October 10, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »

LOL Walker isn't winning while Baldwin is winning by double digits. Leans D.
Not that hard to believe.  Walker is keeping Romney margins in WOW, while having DJT numbers elsewhere.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #651 on: October 10, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »

LOL Walker isn't winning while Baldwin is winning by double digits. Leans D.
Not that hard to believe.  Walker is keeping Romney margins in WOW, while having DJT numbers elsewhere.
Uhhhh no way? Walker is a horrible fit for Obama-Trump voters. He's an elitist establishment WoW hack. He appeals to them, but he doesn't appeal to anyone else. Same with Vukmir.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #652 on: October 10, 2018, 06:27:16 PM »

How the heck can Walker survive reelection if Baldwin is consistantly leading Vukmir by a pretty wide margin? WI can't possibly have that many ticketsplitters - not my very polarized state!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #653 on: October 10, 2018, 07:26:36 PM »

I doubt Walker wins if Baldwin wins by 10. If polls are overestimating Democrats a bit, and Baldwin (who could afford to underperform her polls) wins by more like 7, he could possibly eke out a win. I'm not predicting that Walker will win, but Democrats (especially those of you in Wisconsin Tongue) shouldn't rule it out, and should work tirelessly to elect Evers.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #654 on: October 10, 2018, 07:47:40 PM »

It’s honestly remarkable that Walker isn’t DOA in this massive Democratic tsunami environment (assuming the polls are accurate, of course). Obviously he could lose, but the race is not a sure thing for Democrats.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #655 on: October 10, 2018, 09:31:08 PM »

Y’all need to take a chill pill. MU is the only poll to have Walker leading this whole year. Trust the average

I'll try. I contacted Emerson and Suffolk last week. Emerson said they'll be conducting a poll for WI at the end of the month, whereas Suffolk said they should be conducting a poll for WI soon (don't know how soon, but they put me on their polling distribution list, so I'll keep y'all updated).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #656 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:22 PM »

Y’all need to take a chill pill. MU is the only poll to have Walker leading this whole year. Trust the average

I'll try. I contacted Emerson and Suffolk last week. Emerson said they'll be conducting a poll for WI at the end of the month, whereas Suffolk said they should be conducting a poll for WI soon (don't know how soon, but they put me on their polling distribution list, so I'll keep y'all updated).

Emerson is garbage though.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #657 on: October 10, 2018, 09:50:02 PM »

Emerson is garbage though.

Agreed.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #658 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:15 AM »

Looking at some of the numbers in the MU poll and it really tells you the story of what's going on.

1. Vukmir has really bad favorability numbers. She's currently sitting at -13. Baldwin is at +7, which makes her the most popular candidate running. Walker is at -1 and Evers is at +3.

2. Baldwin is winning or tied in every major gender/race/education group, except white non-college educated men where is losing by 20 points. Evers however is only up with white college educated women and nonwhites. The biggest difference is white non-college educated women. Baldwin is winning that group by 17 points while Walker is winning that same group by 2 points.

3. One final interesting point looking at the crosstabs is party loyalty. Baldwin is currently getting 12% of self-declared Republicans while only losing 1% of the Democrats. Everson on the other hand is only getting 5% of self-declared Republicans and is losing an equal amount of Democrats, 5%.

To me the main take away is the non-college educated white women. Evers wins if he can get closer to Baldwin's numbers there.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #659 on: October 11, 2018, 02:05:19 PM »

NBC/Marist is going to release a Wisconsin poll at 5pm. Going to get a comparison.

Also remember, Wisconsin is one of the states where we had the issue of pollsters not weighing for education. NBC/Marist still does not weight for education, but Marquette does. The average of the past two LV screen weighted BA+ at 40%. Good to have that number in mind when looking at the new NBC/Marist poll later this afternoon.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #660 on: October 11, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »

NBC/Marist is going to release a Wisconsin poll at 5pm. Going to get a comparison.

Also remember, Wisconsin is one of the states where we had the issue of pollsters not weighing for education. NBC/Marist still does not weight for education, but Marquette does. The average of the past two LV screen weighted BA+ at 40%. Good to have that number in mind when looking at the new NBC/Marist poll later this afternoon.
Hmm, this is telling me to believe the Gold Standard over Marist.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #661 on: October 11, 2018, 04:19:02 PM »

Hmm, this is telling me to believe the Gold Standard over Marist.

The share of College Ed in Marist is 44%, it's 40% in Marquette... hardly enough to explain the variance alone... and it should be pointed out that Baldwin/Vukmir are almost the same in both polls.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #662 on: October 11, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »

The average of the two polls is Super Nintendo Evers +4.5, which isn't implausible at all.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #663 on: October 11, 2018, 06:33:40 PM »

My prediction: The final margin is the 2010 result, but with the parties reversed. 
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #664 on: October 11, 2018, 06:37:50 PM »

I don't get the Super Nintendo Evers pun
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #665 on: October 11, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »

My prediction: The final margin is the 2010 result, but with the parties reversed. 

That sounds about right to me. Iirc Walker won by about 7-8 points in 2010, and I think Evers will probably win by around that much too.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #666 on: October 11, 2018, 06:40:06 PM »

He's the state superintendent of education.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #667 on: October 11, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »

Here
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #668 on: October 11, 2018, 07:10:01 PM »

Hope WI doenst make their version of  getting rid of Stephen Harper mistake

If Evers was as handsome as Trudeau he would probably be an absolute lock to win.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2018, 08:03:02 PM »

Hope WI doenst make their version of  getting rid of Stephen Harper mistake

If Evers was as handsome as Trudeau he would probably be an absolute lock to win.
If Tony Evers was as hot as James Smith, he'd be leading by 18%.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #670 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »

As I said way back when, this is a lot of why I supported Vinehout over Evers. This is the urban vs rural divide rearing its ugly head, even though Walker is just as much "Madison" as Evers, but he can look like he's not because Republican. Tammy is doing better than I expected, but she is an incumbent, her competition is also female and from Milwaukee. I'm really, really nervous about this. If Walker wins again, I... Well, I pray the legislature can miraculously fight against him, but hey-o gerrymandering.

Anyway, I'll be canvassing over the next couple of weeks. I've seen a few Walker signs here in west/southwest Madison, so hopefully there are folks who can still be talked with.

In addition, I've gotten about 20 copies of anti-Evers mail and nothing pro-Evers. The online ads for Evers I've seen have simply been whining about Walker's attacks rather than ignoring them and focusing on what Evers is going to do. I hope my experience is not what is going on in greater Wisconsin, or else Evers isn't going to get the numbers he needs.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #671 on: October 11, 2018, 10:15:52 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2018, 10:21:47 PM by BlueFlapjack »

As I said way back when, this is a lot of why I supported Vinehout over Evers. This is the urban vs rural divide rearing its ugly head, even though Walker is just as much "Madison" as Evers, but he can look like he's not because Republican. Tammy is doing better than I expected, but she is an incumbent, her competition is also female and from Milwaukee. I'm really, really nervous about this. If Walker wins again, I... Well, I pray the legislature can miraculously fight against him, but hey-o gerrymandering.

Anyway, I'll be canvassing over the next couple of weeks. I've seen a few Walker signs here in west/southwest Madison, so hopefully there are folks who can still be talked with.

In addition, I've gotten about 20 copies of anti-Evers mail and nothing pro-Evers. The online ads for Evers I've seen have simply been whining about Walker's attacks rather than ignoring them and focusing on what Evers is going to do. I hope my experience is not what is going on in greater Wisconsin, or else Evers isn't going to get the numbers he needs.

May I ask what you are talking about? Walker is still polling poorly. Evers recently led Walker by 10 points in a recent poll. TEN! I don't understand why you think the race is in Walker's favor and Evers is campaigning bad. Yesterday was ONE poll. Walker has never trailed this badly in polls before. Walker hasn't even managed to get more than a 4-point lead in a poll this cycle and has only led in two polls. Walker led in overrall polls in his last three elections, yet won by only 5 points in all three.  I'm glad you're canvassing (like I am) because Evers could benefit from that, but Evers is doing a lot better than Mary Burke in the polls. How do you know rural WI isn't going to go to Evers? I see plently of Tony Evers signs in rural areas of WI. I travel across the state every week for conference meetings. Maybe geography hasn't been too kind for you?

I used to think Evers was not favored, but he's doing pretty darn good to be running against Walker, and I've seen many people mobilized about Evers across the state. Good luck with your canvassing. I commend you for that! Enjoy this bipolar weather in our state! Smiley

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #672 on: October 11, 2018, 10:58:40 PM »

That sounds about right to me. Iirc Walker won by about 7-8 points in 2010, and I think Evers will probably win by around that much too.

Walker won by about 5.5 in 2010, and it's possible that Evers could win by that much, but I think it'll be somewhat closer.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #673 on: October 11, 2018, 11:23:11 PM »

Marist has Evers winning by 9 in the Southwest and by 2 in the North.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2018, 12:05:17 AM »

Marist has Evers winning by 9 in the Southwest and by 2 in the North.

The southwest is way less worrisome to me than central and northern WI. As you indicated, the polls are much closer there. As per usual, it will come down to turn out, but the awfulness of the last four years and the 2016 election has me all nervous. If Feingold hadn't been defeated the way he was, plus a few other things that I've seen anecdotally, I'd just be a lot less worried. I'm so hoping to be proven wrong, but yes, this one poll has me freaking out, mostly because it is Marquette.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies