Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:15:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 86579 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« on: June 01, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »

I'll have a tall cow one, bartender
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:29 AM »

Guys, I dont think charisma will matter that much in the race. Walker has the charisma of a brick, a very good looking brick though, so literally anything will do.

What matters more is how well Evers can connect with voters, and how energized he can make them. His position as Superintendent helps him focus on education issues, and he has been at many rallies and events.

This is coming from someone supporting Mitchell.

Really? I know beauty is subjective but he looks like a look down fish to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookdown
Hes not attractive, but he is rather good looking.

Of course, this is at his most photgenic, he also looks like this

One of his eyes is lower and saggier than the other one and it's really sort of unnerving
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 10:38:41 PM »

Evers will win...the state leg will flip...and progressive policies will be ushered in. Get ready for voting rights, medicaid expansion, etc...!

All of my family (all of whom are Independents) who voted for Walker three times is supporting Evers solely due to Walker's refusal to distance himself from Trump, and they live in the rural areas of the state. I just hope to God other Independents follow suit in this once progressive state!

Wisconsin just can't afford all the extra spending to be brought in by Super Nintendo Evers. Vote Scott Walker in November. If he didn't restrict your ability to vote, that is.

What does this mean?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:19:28 PM »

Mud (even untrue) tends to stick when repeated enough times, though. Have we forgotten Swift Boat?
Your obsession with Wisconsin is even more chronic than MT Treasurer's obsession with New Hampshire...and I thought no obsession could get more chronic than that!  At least MT can concede NH is winnable for the GOP at times.

I wouldn't be so obsessed if people weren't rushing to call Walker "DOA" every single time a hiccup happens. He has survived much worse.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wait. Is that you, Unbeatable Titan?

It all makes sense now.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »

I doubt the "Kavanaugh bump" is going to be a thing in a swing state. Maybe if Wisconsin actually were as red as North Dakota, but since voters nationwide disapprove of Kavanaugh, I imagine the numbers aren't too different in Wisconsin.

I'll also guess Evers +3, as well as Baldwin +10.

Still indicates a massive tightening (WOW voters coming home to their natural place).

Why do you assume the WOW counties will vote for Walker at the same margins they did in the last three elections? He will undoubtedly win them, but seeing that college educated voters are increasingly shifting away from the GOP here in WI (according to the latest MU polls) and nationwide, It would not surprise me if Walker gets less than 65 percent of the vote in WOW this time. I cannot wait until the next MU poll tomorrow. I can't wait to see your reaction if Evers leads by MORE than 5 this time!

Why are you engaging with hemorrhoid as though he's posting in good faith?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »

The Northern part of the improved for Walker, but not to the level he lost in the burbs. I might look at Walker's swing from 14-18 and population growth this decade by county. I'd be interested to see if there is any correlation.

#realignment

You have to wonder if a Madison/Milwaukee/WOW coalition represents the distant future of the Wisconsin Democrats.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

The Northern part of the improved for Walker, but not to the level he lost in the burbs. I might look at Walker's swing from 14-18 and population growth this decade by county. I'd be interested to see if there is any correlation.

#realignment

You have to wonder if a Madison/Milwaukee/WOW coalition represents the distant future of the Wisconsin Democrats.

LMAO, that'd be something to witness.

By the standards of Wisconsin electoral politics, yeah, but it's not like a suburb/urban vs. rural split is uncommon in broader American politics.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 12:10:54 PM »

tony evers reminds me a ton of mark Dayton tbh... he will basically make Wisconsin a new Minnesota I hope!

The extent to which Walker and co. have trashed Wisconsin becomes pretty apparent when you compare it to Minnesota
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »

people who live in cities are utterly worthless imo. why are they even allowed to vote
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »

concept: people should be given more or less ballots on election day depending on how american they are

gay: -1 ballot
lives in urban area: -1 ballot
not christian: -1 ballot
not protestant: -1/2 ballot

white: +1 ballot
owns a farm: +1 ballot
has at any point tweeted the phrase "all lives matter": +1 ballot
proud owner of a pair of truck nuts: +1 ballot
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »

Another thing I forgot and will be important to remember going forward is that Wisconsin has one of the most powerful gubernatorial line item veto powers in the country. The courts have upheld that even cutting out letters to make new words and sentences is legit.

LOL

That seems incredibly sketchy, tbh. If a bill was sufficiently long enough, couldn't you end up crafting entire provisions unrelated to the original purpose? Like turn a budget into a voter ID repeal?

Looks like they have amendend the consitution that they can't get rid of single letters or combine sentances. But they can still get rid of numbers and words in a single sentence.

Tommy Thompson was notorious using it to cross out letters and combing sentences. Jim Doyle used selective deletion to transform "a 272-word section of the Legislature's budget into a 20-word sentence that took $427 million from the transportation budget and gave it to public schools."

amazing
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »

Why is this board so biased that a thread title like "Bye Felicia" is met with no criticism?

Because Scott Walker freaking ruined Wisconsin! Now it's going to take a LOT of work for Evers to undo the damage Walker has done to this state and get rid of the gerrymandered thugs that infiltrate Wisconsin! It starts with the April 2nd election.

He actually hasn't but ok. As a person who lives rather close to the state and who knows alot of people from Wisconsin, he's done a decent job. While I may not be a huge fan of his union-busting, I can understand why a lot of people support it and it may benefit the state. As for his other policies, I support them. You can dislike someone without saying that he ruined the state. He didn't, and he overall improved the state actually if you leave your democratic bubble.

lmfao, imagine presenting yourself as an authority on a state because you happen to live close to it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies