OH NBC/Marist: Tie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH NBC/Marist: Tie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH NBC/Marist: Tie  (Read 1897 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:38:08 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-news-poll-ohio-gubernatorial-race-tied-brown-leads-big-n913081

DeWine 47
Cordray 47
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:55:09 AM »

interesting
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:01:40 AM »

One of four Tossup on gubernatorial races for now (my rating) (other: KS, OK, GA)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:50 AM »

Dewine will not win
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:46:10 AM »

Kind of embarrassing for Cordray that he needs a Democratic wave and a double digit Brown lead just to tie DeWine. This could still flip, but it's definitely going to be much harder than IA or WI.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:59:21 AM »

Kind of embarrassing for Cordray that he needs a Democratic wave and a double digit Brown lead just to tie DeWine. This could still flip, but it's definitely going to be much harder than IA or WI.

And this guy is going to be president? Color me skeptical. Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »

I think Cordray can pull this out, but DeWine benefits from the popular outgoing Kasich and higher name recognition than Cordray ...

In both polls today, Cordray has much better favourables than DeWine (ca. +15 vs. +8), but Cordray is still unknown to 35% of voters vs. just 15% for DeWine.

If he can get his name recognition up, he'll pull ahead by 3-5% by mid- to late-October.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »

What a nice poll😁
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »

Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »

Would be nice to see Cordray pull this out.  After November, there is the possibility for nine of the top 10 states that will have Democratic governors (Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio--Texas being the one exception).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 08:08:21 PM »

Still a tossup, though a worrisome one.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »

Hmmmm....

I wonder if we will continue to see these types of trends in post Labor Day polls now that voters are starting to tune into the election.

I would still give DeWine an edge here, being Ohio and all, not to mention being a Household name whose been around for decades in state politics (Still remember sipping iced tea and eating cookies his wife baked on his front porch back in the early '90s in SW-OH, when he was just a lowly US-House member).

Still, been a long time "Politician" can cut both ways, especially if the voters in Ohio haven't really seen the "hope and change" they were expecting after Trump got elected President....
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »

Hmmmm....

I wonder if we will continue to see these types of trends in post Labor Day polls now that voters are starting to tune into the election.

I would still give DeWine an edge here, being Ohio and all, not to mention being a Household name whose been around for decades in state politics (Still remember sipping iced tea and eating cookies his wife baked on his front porch back in the early '90s in SW-OH, when he was just a lowly US-House member).

Still, been a long time "Politician" can cut both ways, especially if the voters in Ohio haven't really seen the "hope and change" they were expecting after Trump got elected President....

I'm kinda curious how DeWine managed to make everybody forget that he lost his Senate seat in disgrace 12 years ago.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »

I told you guys Cordray wasn't out of it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »

I really wish we knew more about the polling methodologies that even "higher quality" polling firms are using to model the 2018 electorate in various elections.

By all indications based upon actual votes cast in Special Elections, history would tend to suggest that it is a bit different than in recent Midterm elections (2010 and 2014).

How are polling methodologies and models being adjusted? Are LV screens consistent between polling organizations? What types of internal feedback loops are in place to detect outliers and if so, how are these measured and quantified?

I guess that's one of the things I like about the NYT/Sienna House polls, is that at least they are being more transparent, and additionally have some type of "internal review" that flags races where the variance is higher than modeling suggests in order to explore *WHY* the variance exists, and is the variance a function of polling models versus actual polling responses.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »

Hmmmm....

I believe that's exactly what cordray's banking on. There has been this absolutely incessant Internet Ad I've heard during damn near every commercial break on YouTube for the last few weeks where it flashes pictures and years of deline running from the 70s bit by bit up to the present year by year, while the audio is of Dwayne being interviewed on some talk show where the host is quoted saying now I talk to people and they say Mike dewine whoa, he's been around a long time. Does it bother you to be a career politician? Dewine responds no, it doesn't.

I strongly suspect his next few lines were long the lines of appreciating public service and wanting to give back, etc etc but the fact it is being played at saturation levels for an internet ad indicates that is exactly what cordray thinks is Dwayne's Achilles heel.

Mind you I guess he doesn't really consider it his Achilles heel, because that implies dewine is otherwise in vulnerable. Now he started playing an ad hitting on to Wine joining a lawsuit which went to the Supreme Court and severely curtailed overtime rules. Sure, I believed wine only did so his amica's cure eye among a bunch of other attorney generals, but it certainly shows where do wines loyalties lie, and that's an effective attack.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies