The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:59:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 168688 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
« edited: May 06, 2020, 06:30:13 PM by Ses »

Previous thread.

We’ll start off with this:

Despite some senators expressing interest in hearing her, Deborah Ramirez says she will not testify in front of the committee, period. She also says she will not take questions from press and tells them to call her Lawyer instead: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/09/25/breaking-deborah-ramirez-refuses-to-testify-heres-her-response-to-the-senate-judiciary-committee-n2522555
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »

I see SUCH a double standard in anything regarding dating or sex. Google "sex scenes on TV" into recent news and you see a clear disparity.

If it's sex scenes featuring men with women, it's all serious and threatening.

But if it's gay or lesbian sex scenes, it's all fun and games and almost braggadocios.

Now if you said you wanted to crack down on all smut, I'd be okay with that. But this seems very deliberate to be against anything that is pro-heterosexuality and then glorify anything gay or lesbian. That's not equality, that's a double standard. I believe it is very deliberate. Look at those articles and don't you dare tell me there isn't some kind of anti-straight guy sentiment going on.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »

I really hate Donald Trump.

However, I can't even describe my anger towards the people that still support him.

I was thinking of voting for Gillum today.  Reading this, and I actually thought about Rick Scott for the first time.

Keep that message up; see how effective it is.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 05:05:34 AM »

A few simple sentences, each one stating a fact.  How is this controversial?  How is there anything there that a child shouldn't see?

The idea that two people of the same sex have a "right" to be married is an opinion that currently has the force of law.  It is not a fact, and it is certainly not Biblically justified.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 06:58:26 AM »

Well, Kamala Harris has the benefit of being "new" to the federal scene (even though she's been around for decades) and thus has less baggage that GOPpers can use against her. But she's also a woman of color from Cali so therefore she's a horrible person, totally against those poor working class whites, a total coastal elitist, and even though she doesn't have any particular tone or history of being condescending, you know deep down she's a condescending b***h. Because well... Atlas reasons.

But Joe Biden won't suffer from any of that. He's a good old working class guy who loves the working class and Middle America (even though he has spent his political career in a coastal liberal state) and talks about the issues that real Americans face, not silly issues like police brutality, mass shootings, income inequality, and transphobia. Those are SJW issues.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 08:07:30 AM »

Quick facetious one-liner answer - because they are smarter than regular college grads Wink

Real answer - because the same factors that make college-educated voters more likely to be Democratic also make them more likely to be Democratic, such as being more likely than 4 year college grads to have jobs as "knowledge-worker professionals" which is associated with voting Dem.

Meanwhile those who use their degree to become productive members of society (e.g. businessmen, chemical engineers, CPAs, etc.) tend to vote GOP.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »

due to a GOP internal showing WV-Sen tied:

Morrisey is receiving the Trump bump, he’s the clear favorite at this point.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »

due to a GOP internal showing WV-Sen tied:

Morrisey is receiving the Trump bump, he’s the clear favorite at this point.

not to mention the previous GOP internal showed M ahead by 2.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »

I see SUCH a double standard in anything regarding dating or sex. Google "sex scenes on TV" into recent news and you see a clear disparity.

If it's sex scenes featuring men with women, it's all serious and threatening.

But if it's gay or lesbian sex scenes, it's all fun and games and almost braggadocios.

Now if you said you wanted to crack down on all smut, I'd be okay with that. But this seems very deliberate to be against anything that is pro-heterosexuality and then glorify anything gay or lesbian. That's not equality, that's a double standard. I believe it is very deliberate. Look at those articles and don't you dare tell me there isn't some kind of anti-straight guy sentiment going on.

Assuming this person is wrong, which he's not. This is a very good point.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 02:13:34 PM »

Lol at all these Franken equivalencies on this thread and so many others. You folks on the left can only use Franken as a defense since he stepped down. Had he chosen to fight the allegations, you all would've been standing right by his side. There were PLENTY of posters on this forum screaming "innocent until proven guilty" and imploring him to stay in the Senate when the allegations first came out, but hypocrites tend to forget the past.

Anyway, I hope the eloquent OP gets a nice subpoena one day for defaming and slandering a federal judge.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »

Lol at all these Franken equivalencies on this thread and so many others. You folks on the left can only use Franken as a defense since he stepped down. Had he chosen to fight the allegations, you all would've been standing right by his side. There were PLENTY of posters on this forum screaming "innocent until proven guilty" and imploring him to stay in the Senate when the allegations first came out, but hypocrites tend to forget the past.

Anyway, I hope the eloquent OP gets a nice subpoena one day for defaming and slandering a federal judge.
God damn right Franken shouldn’t have resigned.  I’ll never forgive that wretched woman from New York for what she did to pad her own quest for more power.

Franken didn’t get drunk and try to rape a woman or shove his dick in her face.  He has more integrity in the hair on his balls than alcoholic sexual assaulter Brett Kavanaugh could ever muster in an eternity.

So yeah...Franken should be in the senate and Brett Kavanaugh should be under investigation.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 02:49:12 PM »

He’s right, and you posting this here proves his point.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 02:51:43 PM »

Yes I too fear my subpoena for "slandering a federal judge"
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 12:06:39 PM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »

LOL. RIP Politician and all the other posters who said Edmondson was inevitable.

Because when a Democrat is "ahead" 41-40 in Oklahoma of all places, clearly it is a total mystery which way the "undecideds" will break!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 03:47:03 PM »

^kenya stop
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »

Clearly Trump will do better in Utah than Mitt Romney did.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

The State is teaching them who their masters are at an early age. Who is surprised?

CC: Simple Truths Silvermine.
Roblox

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 07:12:23 PM »

I knew it that in the next poll, Tester would be leading by 7 overall after he announced his vote against Kavanaugh's confirmation, which I guess will cost him conservative and moderate votes he needs to win this race in a red state that Trump won by 21 percentage points in 2016.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 07:14:50 AM »

As long as she loses the primary by an extremely embarrassing margin, she can run.

As I've said many times before, I believe Trump would defeat her by double digits in the NPV in the general.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 10:17:55 AM »

As long as I remain in academia and the current Title IX procedures remain in effect, then it is a concern. I can basically never meet with a female student one-on-one.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 01:31:43 AM »

Better question - why is Atlas so obsessed with a state that went R+44 in the last presidential election?

Because it needs to flip at all costs. It's worth it.

Reminder that people have argued with me before when I said Atlas had a WV fetish, lol.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 03:06:49 AM »

Better question - why is Atlas so obsessed with a state that went R+44 in the last presidential election?

Because it needs to flip at all costs. It's worth it.

Reminder that people have argued with me before when I said Atlas had a WV fetish, lol.

Seriously lol, it's not even funny. "It's worth it." WHY???
I get why Fuzzy would want it- the means (a socially conservative Democratic party) are even better than the result for him. But the rest of them... what even? How did gay people or the environment ever hurt them?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »

Short answer--Why bother (see Hillgoose above)

Long answer--Coal power plants are going to keep closing, WV mines are going to keep declining and shut down as the coal gives out, even the met coal mines (a major one will close this week for "geologic reasons").  Fat Nixon can lie to them all day, it doesn't change reality.

Their population pyramid is totally fubar'd.  They have fewer people than they did in 1980.
They have fewer people than they did in 1950.  They have 262,000 people between the ages of 55-64 and 212,000 between the ages 10-19.  They had 30,000 births in 1980 and 18,500 last year.  They are not a magnet for and are in fact hostile to the idea of immigration.   They are a lock to have fewer people in 2050 than they do now.  They don't have a Senator who can drag stuff into the state like they once did.  They live in geographically difficult terrain where infrastructure is difficult to build and maintain.  There is no compelling reason economically to build and maintain such infrastructure.

Save for the Eastern Panhandle and Morgantown (and even Morgantown is iffy) there is no reason to expect anything different from West Virginia.  Why bother.

You seem upset by the reality i present and yet are incapable or unwilling to provide an alternative.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »

Short answer--Why bother (see Hillgoose above)

Long answer--Coal power plants are going to keep closing, WV mines are going to keep declining and shut down as the coal gives out, even the met coal mines (a major one will close this week for "geologic reasons").  Fat Nixon can lie to them all day, it doesn't change reality.

Their population pyramid is totally fubar'd.  They have fewer people than they did in 1980.
They have fewer people than they did in 1950.  They have 262,000 people between the ages of 55-64 and 212,000 between the ages 10-19.  They had 30,000 births in 1980 and 18,500 last year.  They are not a magnet for and are in fact hostile to the idea of immigration.   They are a lock to have fewer people in 2050 than they do now.  They don't have a Senator who can drag stuff into the state like they once did.  They live in geographically difficult terrain where infrastructure is difficult to build and maintain.  There is no compelling reason economically to build and maintain such infrastructure.

Save for the Eastern Panhandle and Morgantown (and even Morgantown is iffy) there is no reason to expect anything different from West Virginia.  Why bother.

How is this in any way a bad, let alone ignorant, post?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies