The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:04:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 168813 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2018, 09:32:17 PM »

Well obviously you don't call retarded people retards, but what else do you call someone when they're acting retarded?
What other slurs is that said for? In what context is a word used as an insult when it isn't considered a thing to be judged and mocked for.

"Retard" is as much of a slur as idiot, moron, imbecile, and feeble-minded are, which were also technical terms to refer to mentally disabled people.
Most of those terms have lost their association with mental disability. "Retard" very much has not.

Agreed, but incorporating the use of this term in professional settings....

In many modern day work environments using the word "retard", could easily escalate to an HR based investigation depending upon the circumstances, as it might well constitute targeting of a "protected category" of employees covered under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), either as an individual or broader group.

Even if it wouldn't constitute a "red-line code of conduct offense", if a complaint were made to Management, it could easily fall into a category of "borderline unprofessional work conduct", when it comes to how one treats one's fellow workers, and likely involve some form of employee coaching involved regarding "appropriate workplace behavior", and possibly a "verbal conversation" being logged into the HR Files by management.

Although Atlas is not a work-place setting, it's one of those words where some younger folks might use when playing their online gaming session and such (For one example), which many other individuals might consider extremely offensive, especially those with friends, family, etc who have certain types of disabilities.

My Wife works directly with clients with a variety of disabilities, and in her particular work environment, using the term "retard" would likely result in immediate termination of any individual using that even "in jest" regardless of context.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2018, 09:48:55 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2018, 09:52:00 PM by Badger »

It isn't, and it hasn't for more than at least 2 decades. It wasn't until 2016 that racism all of a sudden became a problem after 20 years. Where were you guys in the 2000's? or the late 90's?

And at least right now, homophobia isn't a problem and is becoming less and less prevalent. The thing is, you leftists always create more definitions of homophobia!

Gay youths are killing themselves because of bullying and being thrown from their homes by "Christian" parents and here you are, calling homophobia "not a problem". You need to get out of your privileged bubble.

I'm so sure. At least where I am from, a pretty conservative area, no kids were bullied because of their sexual orientation. The school hung tons of posters up to discourage it. More than enough, the most bullied kids were the scrawny white boys that had aspergers, rarely were they ever LGBT.

Bullying is a serious problem, but it doesn't revolve around your agenda.

Straight white guys says racism and homophobia are not a big problem. Details at 11.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »

Ronald Reagan easily (The President  who ushered in the golden age of America , 1983-2001)
LOL, this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen.

1983-2001 America>1946-1963 American any day
So the era when the middle class was the strongest was inferior to the era where the 1% just got richer?
Quality of life today is objectively better than it used to be for the vast majority of America.
You genuinely believe the average middle class American was better off in the mid-twentieth century? Just because the 1% is way better off now doesn't mean everyone else isn't also better off.

Yes. Emphatically. On literally almost every measurable scale.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2018, 11:28:55 PM »

It isn't, and it hasn't for more than at least 2 decades. It wasn't until 2016 that racism all of a sudden became a problem after 20 years. Where were you guys in the 2000's? or the late 90's?

And at least right now, homophobia isn't a problem and is becoming less and less prevalent. The thing is, you leftists always create more definitions of homophobia!

Gay youths are killing themselves because of bullying and being thrown from their homes by "Christian" parents and here you are, calling homophobia "not a problem". You need to get out of your privileged bubble.

I'm so sure. At least where I am from, a pretty conservative area, no kids were bullied because of their sexual orientation. The school hung tons of posters up to discourage it. More than enough, the most bullied kids were the scrawny white boys that had aspergers, rarely were they ever LGBT.

Straight white guysGeneric Liberal says racism and homophobia are not a big problem. Details at 11.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »

Ronald Reagan easily (The President  who ushered in the golden age of America , 1983-2001)

So the era when the middle class was the strongest was inferior to the era where the 1% just got richer?
Quality of life today is objectively better than it used to be for the vast majority of America.
You genuinely believe the average middle class American was better off in the mid-twentieth century? Just because the 1% is way better off now doesn't mean everyone else isn't also better off.

Each household had only one car , had smaller houses as well and tech was less accessible then
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2018, 03:14:21 AM »

Well obviously you don't call retarded people retards, but what else do you call someone when they're acting retarded?

You use the other r-word, Republican. 😈
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »

Gubernatorial coattails definitely DO exist.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2018, 04:39:05 PM »

Massive gender gap in PA-01, Wallace winning women 82-16 so far (very early). There is literally an 88 point gender gap right now there.

Wexton dominating 72-14 so far with an almost all male sample.

Hopefully these are the burbstompings that we hope they will be.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »

Can you? I said alot, I.e. a surprisingly high number to me due to my prerecognitions. If I got a dollar 1/5 times a year(adj. by real 2018 $$), plus bonus I would have at minimum $10 with some other goodies in 50 years. With that I could buy a practically free bagel with a coffee. That feels like a $35 snack is a horrendous metaphor looking back as I type this out. Just focus on the first two sentences.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2018, 02:00:59 AM »

Straight white guysGeneric Liberal says racism and homophobia are not a big problem. Details at 11.

I've no doubt which of these statements makes one of us an a******.

Hint. Not me.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2018, 02:12:30 AM »

Each household had only one car , had smaller houses as well and tech was less accessible then

My post may have been unclear. I I completely agree that families were better off in the mid 20th century
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2018, 02:47:34 AM »

My post may have been unclear. I I completely agree that families were better off in the mid 20th century

you think thats better
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2018, 09:53:40 PM »

On a woman being raped:

And this is why every women deserves a strong man. Men that love and care for their women will give up their lives to stop other savage men from doing this sh**t.

Of course, our culture promoted the sexual revolution that made these savages to begin with and chased off all the honorable men that would have stopped this sh**t.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »

So basically 3 years after it became national news and everyone agreed it was a problem, a small part of it finally gets fixed... by the private sector. Great argument against government power, that conservatives could capitalize on if they still cared about that sort of thing.

And that's why I'm still mostly libertarian.  Relying on government to get things done just isn't efficient.

All libertarians should be airdropped on a remote island. Those who survive the impact will fight, and the sole survivor of this ordeal (the Ur-Libertarian) will be given a fifth of a bitcoin

Mmmk. I'm fine with just throwing commies from helicopters.

't

This is obviously a comment made only in reply to a consciously absurd post and not a sincere expression of belief or desire to kill.
I'd be more willing to believe that if the alternative(that he's not at all uncomfortable with mass murdering communists and lowkey is cool with people like pinochet) weren't completely consistent with his character(and also deliberately echoing a specific dictators atrocities in response to a facetious and absurd post is kind of unpleasant).

What about his character is "completely consistent" with throwing people out of helicopters?! 
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2018, 01:22:50 PM »

So basically 3 years after it became national news and everyone agreed it was a problem, a small part of it finally gets fixed... by the private sector. Great argument against government power, that conservatives could capitalize on if they still cared about that sort of thing.

And that's why I'm still mostly libertarian.  Relying on government to get things done just isn't efficient.

All libertarians should be airdropped on a remote island. Those who survive the impact will fight, and the sole survivor of this ordeal (the Ur-Libertarian) will be given a fifth of a bitcoin

't

This is obviously a comment made only in reply to a consciously absurd post and not a sincere expression of belief or desire to kill.
I'd be more willing to believe that if the alternative(that he's not at all uncomfortable with mass murdering communists and lowkey is cool with people like pinochet) weren't completely consistent with his character(and also deliberately echoing a specific dictators atrocities in response to a facetious and absurd post is kind of unpleasant).

What about his character is "completely consistent" with throwing people out of helicopters?! 
He's made multiple statements that make it clear that he isn't all that uncomfortable with right wing dictatorship. Also its kind of ridiculous to pretend that was an ironic post at all and its sad that I've even felt it worth arguing.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »

't

He's made multiple statements that make it clear that he isn't all that uncomfortable with right wing dictatorship. Also its kind of ridiculous to pretend that was an ironic post at all and its sad that I've even felt it worth arguing.

There is no “pretend” here.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »

Trump isn't gonna lose Ohio. He won by 10 last time...
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »

The only thing Clinton did wrong was thinking with the head between his legs instead of the one above his neck. Monica Lewinsky was a narcissistic bimbo who pursued Clinton relentlessly because he was the President. Bill Clinton was a conquest to Monica Lewinsky. Clinton obviously should have declined her advances, but Monica Lewinsky was a star-struck, naive bimbo who just wanted to fulfill her fantasy of banging the President. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Clinton, George Bush or even Bob Dole in the Oval Office, the desire would have been the same. 
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2018, 08:45:22 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2018, 10:48:51 AM by RussFeingoldWasRobbedk »

It will be easier for Dems to target McConnell or Roberts or Ernst rather than TX, Mt or GA
Yeah, a state that trump won by 40 points is clearly going to be more competitive then GA and TX which he won by 5 and 9 respectively.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2018, 03:27:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not impossible, nor unlikely. Last time we were in a similar situation with Bush, the Rs picked up a few seats in the midterms. Right now RCP has the race as essentially tied.

Remember, this isn't a presidential election year and Rs tend to do better in the midterms.

If the Senate is going to have R pickups then we're likely to see a similar situation in the House.

I've seen polls showing they are even in the generic ballot which means that Rs will net a bunch of seats.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »

It will be easier for Dems to target McConnell or Roberts or Ernst rather than TX, Mt or GA
Yeah, a state that trump won by 40 points is clearly going to be more competitive then GA and TX which he won by 5 and 9 respectively.

Yeah, it pretty clearly is for anyone over the age of 16. He narrowly won a safe state in 2008 and was an underdog for a lot of 2014 before his opponent was a complete dud. Prior to the Kavanaugh confirmation, he was arguably more unpopular than either of those times and Cocaine Mitch will likely revert to that status - fairly or unfairly. An inoffensive conservative is not losing to anyone in Texas and while Perdue has a similar chance to lose as McConnell does, the risk of a runoff election does not bode well for Democratic chances in a federal race.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2018, 06:07:28 AM »

^^ yes, many in the Jewish community are terrified by Corbyn Premiership, I've seen it first hand when I used to live in England, you should pay a visit to any synagogue and you'll see how anxious the Jewish community are..

Anxious and terrified of the man who will stand up against the interests that are ruthlessly obliterating their country and the world, rather than the woman and her party that are currently aiding in the destruction. Yep. Seems perfectly alright. Totally not delusional at all.

Shame

Israeli propaganda working overtime to scare people away.
Well then dead0, why are you commenting? As a natural born, down earth fellow American like me, surely you wouldn't dare to understand the intricacies of the media habits and politics of our noble highbrow cousins across the pond either.

In all seriousness, keep beating the dead horse and drinking the kool-aid. It's great stuff, you know. The Tories will get a fine spanking when election silence kicks in. All the garbage the establishment has been slinging will be for naught when Corbyn takes power and implements his "radical" policies that, shockingly enough, will benefit the average person, including Jews, Muslims, and people of all faiths.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2018, 11:45:06 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2018, 11:51:32 AM by Bosporus Blues »

^^ yes, many in the Jewish community are terrified by Corbyn Premiership, I've seen it first hand when I used to live in England, you should pay a visit to any synagogue and you'll see how anxious the Jewish community are..

Anxious and terrified of the man who will stand up against the interests that are ruthlessly obliterating their country and the world, rather than the woman and her party that are currently aiding in the destruction. Yep. Seems perfectly alright. Totally not delusional at all.

Shame

Israeli propaganda working overtime to scare people away.
Well then dead0, why are you commenting? As a natural born, down earth fellow American like me, surely you wouldn't dare to understand the intricacies of the media habits and politics of our noble highbrow cousins across the pond either.

In all seriousness, keep beating the dead horse and drinking the kool-aid. It's great stuff, you know. The Tories will get a fine spanking when election silence kicks in. All the garbage the establishment has been slinging will be for naught when Corbyn takes power and implements his "radical" policies that, shockingly enough, will benefit the average person, including Jews, Muslims, and people of all faiths.

Oh gee, you've also drunk the kool-aid. Must be especially potent when heated up in the desert sun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies