The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:15:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 168824 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 10, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »

It should be the Krassenstein brothers.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #301 on: December 11, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »

It is not possible, he can get above the 45% margin if he tries hard there.
Of course it is....Not likely, but in a D wave [Kansas] could flip. It'll certainly go D before Iowa
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #302 on: December 11, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

Where to even begin with this claptrap...

Our society is driven much more by social issues than economic issues, I'll be the first to admit that.

The people who should be generalized into voting Republican (Rich, Hollywood, Wall Street elites) end up voting Democrat because of social issues. They're the type of people who adopt 10 kids from Ethiopia and name them Rainbow, Starfish and Moonbeam.

On the other hand, the white working class who should be generalized into voting for Democrats (Mobile homes, middle class, lower class) vote Republican because they find cultural elitism and liberalism on social issues abhorrent.

One reason for this is that the wealthy can afford to be immoral.  They can afford exorbitant child support for children from different mothers.  They can afford divorce because they can afford more than one house payment.  They have the best healthcare to mitigate the social ills such as STDs, chemical dependency treatment, etc. 

The working class have to be moral because they can't afford not to be.  A child out of wedlock, a divorce, being arrested for a misdemeanor crime of rowdiness is far more devastating for the working class than it is for the glitterati.  Indeed, having children out of wedlock for the working class is almost a guarantee of struggling to fall below the poverthy line.

Money does mitigate the natural consequences of immorality; that's why they don't want to be reined in, morally.  The can better afford sin.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #303 on: December 11, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »

Our society is driven much more by social issues than economic issues, I'll be the first to admit that.

The people who should be generalized into voting Republican (Rich, Hollywood, Wall Street elites) end up voting Democrat because of social issues. They're the type of people who adopt 10 kids from Ethiopia and name them Rainbow, Starfish and Moonbeam.

On the other hand, the white working class who should be generalized into voting for Democrats (Mobile homes, middle class, lower class) vote Republican because they find cultural elitism and liberalism on social issues abhorrent.

One reason for this is that the wealthy can afford to be immoral.  They can afford exorbitant child support for children from different mothers.  They can afford divorce because they can afford more than one house payment.  They have the best healthcare to mitigate the social ills such as STDs, chemical dependency treatment, etc. 

The working class have to be moral because they can't afford not to be.  A child out of wedlock, a divorce, being arrested for a misdemeanor crime of rowdiness is far more devastating for the working class than it is for the glitterati.  Indeed, having children out of wedlock for the working class is almost a guarantee of struggling to fall below the poverthy line.

Money does mitigate the natural consequences of immorality; that's why they don't want to be reined in, morally.  The can better afford sin.
It's classic Fuzzy. It's smart-sounding, it's reasonablish, and it's totally wrong. The working class is much more likely to get divorced, have children out of wedlock, and commit crimes. That's an actual fact. Fuzzy's problem is that he's so enamoured with his intelligence, he thinks that he can figure out the world from his own armchair. He doesn't appear to actually believe in evidence, just smart sounding bullsh**t.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #304 on: December 11, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »

It's classic Fuzzy. It's smart-sounding, it's reasonablish, and it's totally wrong. The working class is much more likely to get divorced, have children out of wedlock, and commit crimes. That's an actual fact. Fuzzy's problem is that he's so enamoured with his intelligence, he thinks that he can figure out the world from his own armchair. He doesn't appear to actually believe in evidence, just smart sounding bullsh**t.

Ah, but you see...they can't afford it. 
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #305 on: December 12, 2018, 04:02:42 PM »

The simple truths thread is that way.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »

If it's a very bad Dem nominee like Clinton again, Then New Mexico could in fact be competitive, Otherwise, Likely D state for 2020 I feel like.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2018, 09:59:19 PM by AudmanOut »

Also...

Vietnam vet with left-wing antiestablishment views.

President
1980: Jimmy Carter
1984: Ronald Reagan
1988: Michael Dukakis
1992: Ross Perot
1996: Ross Perot
2000: Al Gore
2004: John Kerry
2008: Barack Obama
2012: Barack Obama
2016: Donald Trump

Governor
1982: Tom Bradley
1986: George Deukmejian
1990: Dianne Feinstein
1994: Pete Wilson
1998: Gray Davis
2002: Gray Davis
2003: Yes/Tom McClintock
2006: Arnold Schwarzenegger
2010: Jerry Brown
2014: Jerry Brown
2018: John H. Cox

+ old men in Appalachia
This guy called California ‘Appalachia’ that is the most absurd thing I have ever seen/heard.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2018, 11:40:04 PM »

Yes.

I would probably be okay with rounding up registered Republicans at the time of abolishment and "disappearing" them, too.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2018, 12:22:42 AM »

Yes.

I would probably be okay with rounding up registered Republicans at the time of abolishment and "disappearing" them, too.

Brought to you by the guy who made a petition thread to ban me over a dick joke. Tongue
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #310 on: December 13, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »

I imagine this is such a massive blowout (even by MD standards) because of an uncontroversial incumbent?

It's funny, I actually didn't vote for him because he refused to endorse Jealous. I wrote in my wife's name.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »

I imagine this is such a massive blowout (even by MD standards) because of an uncontroversial incumbent?

It's funny, I actually didn't vote for him because he refused to endorse Jealous. I wrote in my wife's name.

Whats wrong with that? Seems rather reasonable. They didnt vote for the Ds who refused to endorse their own D candidate for governor, nothing wrong with that.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2018, 11:25:49 AM »

No because I don’t care about small towns anymore, if they want to matter then can move to the city/or suburbs.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #313 on: December 13, 2018, 11:39:15 AM »

Whats wrong with that? Seems rather reasonable. They didnt vote for the Ds who refused to endorse their own D candidate for governor, nothing wrong with that.
"Only vote for candidates who support Trump."
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »

"Only vote for candidates who support Trump."
still not really that absurd or ignorant, TBH. If people want to support an agenda, then why vote for someone who opposes it?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2018, 12:27:04 PM »

Yes, so we could finally have a conservative party that wasn't tainted by Lincoln.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #316 on: December 13, 2018, 05:52:07 PM »

I think Gabbard could win a county in WV.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #317 on: December 15, 2018, 10:06:13 AM »

Beto is inspirational, he has experience and he is a white boy. He's new. He doesn't have Biden and Bernie's baggage. He will outperform Obama's 2008 and 2012 numbers in these states.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #318 on: December 15, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

Emphasis mine:

I do enjoy certain people's use of 'illegal' as a noun, and other de-humanizing terms like 'crash our borders'.  This must be what they imagine our southern border must look like:

That's exactly what they are doing.  They have entered the country in violation of our laws and they have done so by permeating our borders illegally.

That's not OK.  Doing nothing about it isn't OK either because such a policy does nothing to deter more to violate our laws.

I don't think you care as to the burden American taxpayers shoulder in this matter.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #319 on: December 16, 2018, 01:26:28 AM »

AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2018, 01:31:00 AM »

What was he drinking in prison?

I admit, if he runs for say, Rohrabacher's seat, I have no doubt he'd make it out of the jungle primary, but he'd never win the General Election.

He's better off just waiting until 2022, and challenging Newsom for Governor. He'd probably the strongest Republican in the race (unless Republicans do the impossible and draft McCarthy).
I mean the strongest candidate would be Kevin Falcouner. If Newsom goes far left enough Falcouner would atleast win SOCAL.

I think McCarthy would be stronger, because he'd be able to raise more money, but I see your point about Falcouner.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2018, 05:50:08 AM »

Emphasis mine:

I do enjoy certain people's use of 'illegal' as a noun, and other de-humanizing terms like 'crash our borders'.  This must be what they imagine our southern border must look like:

That's exactly what they are doing.  They have entered the country in violation of our laws and they have done so by permeating our borders illegally.

That's not OK.  Doing nothing about it isn't OK either because such a policy does nothing to deter more to violate our laws.

I don't think you care as to the burden American taxpayers shoulder in this matter.

Compassionate conservatism.
Jalawest2

« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2018, 08:41:50 PM »

I'm sorry, but in world is that absurd or ignorant?
Jalawest2

« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »

Intell thinks it absurd that child abuse should be illegal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies