The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 168719 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2019, 02:56:05 PM »

I just don't know honestly, might just have abstained... Corbyn and Tony Benn, Attlee and MacDonald are the only ones i would have turned out enthusiastically for. I just see no reason to vote for centrist Labourites like Blair and Brown who did anything but help the working class (and in case of Blair even made war crimes), like what's the difference between Blair and Cameron or Blair and Reagan. I honestly don't know.

And centrists sometimes aren't better than right-wing candidates... See Macron. I honestly think Marine Le Pen would be better for the working class in France. I might've supported Macron once, but now i'm leaning towards Le Pen if the second round is repeated. We already know what we get if we vote for centrists and it's horrible, why not give the right a chance. At least economically they're better candidates, and all i care about is working class interests economically and the environment (and maybe some social policies).

I know more from US politics than UK politics although, that might explain the weird voting pattern. I don't know Milliband and a lot of the other past Labour candidates i voted for.

I agreed with this up until he mentioned Le Pen. fascists must be stopped at all costs, even if it means voting for a neoliberal centrist over them.

Le Pen isn't fascist? (i mean Marine).
Semantics. she's a far-right reactionary.

All politics is reactionary. This isn't just "semantics;" fascism does not apply at all to Marine Le Pen.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #851 on: May 13, 2019, 02:57:18 PM »

Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #852 on: May 13, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »

I just don't know honestly, might just have abstained... Corbyn and Tony Benn, Attlee and MacDonald are the only ones i would have turned out enthusiastically for. I just see no reason to vote for centrist Labourites like Blair and Brown who did anything but help the working class (and in case of Blair even made war crimes), like what's the difference between Blair and Cameron or Blair and Reagan. I honestly don't know.

And centrists sometimes aren't better than right-wing candidates... See Macron. I honestly think Marine Le Pen would be better for the working class in France. I might've supported Macron once, but now i'm leaning towards Le Pen if the second round is repeated. We already know what we get if we vote for centrists and it's horrible, why not give the right a chance. At least economically they're better candidates, and all i care about is working class interests economically and the environment (and maybe some social policies).

I know more from US politics than UK politics although, that might explain the weird voting pattern. I don't know Milliband and a lot of the other past Labour candidates i voted for.

I agreed with this up until he mentioned Le Pen. fascists must be stopped at all costs, even if it means voting for a neoliberal centrist over them.

All politics is reactionary. This isn't just "semantics;" fascism does not apply at all to Marine Le Pen.

Well she's far-right and definitely not of the "abolish all taxes and turn this country into Somalia" variety...
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #853 on: May 13, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »

Well she's far-right and definitely not of the "abolish all taxes and turn this country into Somalia" variety...

Thanks for posting this comment in this thread; you saved me the energy of having to post it here myself.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #854 on: May 13, 2019, 11:32:56 PM »

I vote for impeachment, on all four counts. This was perhaps our greatest embarrassment on the world stage. An impeachable offense is subject, not necessarily to law or morality, but rather the conscience of the legislator. A vote against any count is a vote for a despicable man.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #855 on: May 14, 2019, 09:17:15 PM »

But most importantly, IQ is by no means scientific and actually is kinda racist if you ask most contemporary psychologists.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #856 on: May 14, 2019, 09:40:41 PM »

But most importantly, IQ is by no means scientific and actually is kinda racist if you ask most contemporary psychologists.

Lol, it's not scientific.  Intelligence is not a linear concept, much as the pseudointellectual right (and racists) would like you to believe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #857 on: May 14, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »

Thread: 11 year old rape victim forced to carry to term thanks to Ohio law.

Or: innocent child allowed to live their life thanks to Ohio law.

That's a good post.  The solution to rape cannot be murdering an innocent third party.

Do you not support abortions in instances of rape. I did not think it was possible to be that much of an extremist

I'm not OP, but I support completely banning abortion in all cases, with no exceptions whatsoever.

What if the mother's life is in danger?

ExtremeConservative has said that he believes that is never the case when taking into consideration modern medical capabilities, and therefore, should not be a valid reason for abortion.

I hold the same views on that issue.

So does me wanting a ban on abortion with the exceptions of allowing it in cases of rape, incest, and danger of the life of the mother, make me a moderate an abortion?

In extreme conservatives View oh, that makes you a downright liberal baby killer
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #858 on: May 14, 2019, 11:05:21 PM »

eeeks, I was kind of hoping to be corrected/wrong there....are they really the moderates?  That's.....that's not good.  Why is it such a broken religion and what white person/people are we blaming for it this decade?  Still Dubya/Cheney/"neocons" or have we transferred all that blame to Trump/Putin/___insert group name here___ yet?

Religion being referenced is Islam.
Wake me up when Sikhs take out the World Trade Center.

That's like blaming all Catholics for the IRA killing civilians, or  all Pentecostal Christians for bombing abortion clinics or killing doctors.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #859 on: May 14, 2019, 11:08:41 PM »

Thanks for posting this comment in this thread; you saved me the energy of having to post it here myself.

Now this belongs in the irony ore mine
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #860 on: May 14, 2019, 11:09:48 PM »

You of all people I assumed would be pleased to hear about the fallacy of IQ tests.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #861 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:26 PM »

Lol, it's not scientific.  Intelligence is not a linear concept, much as the pseudointellectual right (and racists) would like you to believe.

You may have a little point, but there is no way theoretically or literally that an IQ test could be racist.

You of all people I assumed would be pleased to hear about the fallacy of IQ tests.

Really got me there with that Epic™ and Savage™ comeback. Badger, I know you aren't a 7th grader now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #862 on: May 14, 2019, 11:22:09 PM »

Grassr00ts probably also believes the Myers-Briggs means absolutely anything whatsoever.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #863 on: May 14, 2019, 11:22:43 PM »

Lol, it's not scientific.  Intelligence is not a linear concept, much as the pseudointellectual right (and racists) would like you to believe.

You may have a little point, but there is no way theoretically or literally that an IQ test could be racist.

Really got me there with that Epic™ and Savage™ comeback. Badger, I know you aren't a 7th grader now.

Oh come now. Your posting history implies years of squeaking by in special education classes. This has to be a good day for you.

Now here's a yo-yo. Go run and play while the big kids talk. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #864 on: May 15, 2019, 12:28:39 AM »

Sure, IQ tests aren't inherently racist.  Neither is the SAT, which was invented by a known eugenicist and instrumental in promoting federal anti-immigration legislation in the 1920's.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #865 on: May 15, 2019, 12:38:37 AM »

Actually, it's quite easy for IQ tests to be racist, primarily by assuming acquisition of culture-specific knowledge is a direct measure of intelligence. At best, such tests measure the relative intelligence of people who share a common cultural experience that has provided the same level of exposure to the necessary background knowledge needed to be able to have a chance to answer the questions posed.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #866 on: May 15, 2019, 12:58:25 AM »

Sure, IQ tests aren't inherently racist.  Neither is the SAT, which was invented by a known eugenicist and instrumental in promoting federal anti-immigration legislation in the 1920's.

"This thing, which is not racist, is tangentially similar to this unrelated thing, which is racist. Therefore, both are racist."
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #867 on: May 15, 2019, 01:01:52 AM »

"This thing, which is not racist, is tangentially similar to this unrelated thing, which is racist. Therefore, both are racist."

Not sure if strawman or deliberately missing the point.

In either case, Ernest put it best.  In the context of culture, IQ tests can be racist, or at the very least, used to justify racist ideas based on a heavily flawed understanding of intelligence and cultural context.  History happens to back that assertion up, especially as SATs are often used as proxies for IQ.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #868 on: May 15, 2019, 01:06:23 AM »

The mainstream view among psychologists who work in the area of intelligence is to consider IQ a useful measure of at least some aspects of intelligence, but having limitations and flaws as measures tend to do.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #869 on: May 16, 2019, 03:54:40 AM »

Propaganda. Disgusting. I hope the FCC shuts them down.
If a liberal station aired Obama speeches all day long would you say the same? I think not. Most of the media leans heavily left, this is a reaction to that.
There's a difference between Obama and Trump lol. Obama is a fundamentally more compassionate individual and a better speaker with less fascist policies.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2019, 01:28:56 AM »

Let's roll!!!

The people of Iran have been suffering under theocracy far too long, and the government has continuously opposed American interests in the Persian Gulf since 9/11, meaning they have a common agenda with al-Qaeda and those who attacked our homeland on 9/11. The Ayatollah must pay.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2019, 01:48:17 AM »

Let's roll!!!

The people of Iran have been suffering under theocracy far too long, and the government has continuously opposed American interests in the Persian Gulf since 9/11, meaning they have a common agenda with al-Qaeda and those who attacked our homeland on 9/11. The Ayatollah must pay.
Oh come on, Hillgoose's neoconning is way too good for this thread.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2019, 09:11:15 AM »

Let's roll!!!

Oh come on, Hillgoose's neoconning is way too good for this thread.

Hillgoose is a hell begging neocon wrapped in a smiley and somehow loveable package for this forum, and the forum just eats it all right up.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »

Seth MacFarlane's brand of "liberalism" is mostly annoying and unfunny and The Simpsons is way past it's prime and rarely funny anymore, so... South Park it is, I guess.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »

So he's saying there is a chance... Smile

Thats insane. Honestly, Capito will probably outrun Trump substantially.

Considering Trump may very well get 70% in West Virginia, I very highly doubt that.

To think that Trump has any chance of coming close to repeating his 42 point 2016 win in West Virginia in 2020, let alone surpassing it is flat out ridiculous. This thread ought to be renamed after Enlightened Centrist.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies