CA PPIC: Feinstein +11 (40-29 over DeLeon)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:30:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA PPIC: Feinstein +11 (40-29 over DeLeon)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA PPIC: Feinstein +11 (40-29 over DeLeon)  (Read 1585 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2018, 01:41:08 AM »

Feinstein (D, inc.): 40%
DeLeon (D): 29%

RCP
PDF

A low floor for Feinstein, although she is still favored.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 01:44:19 AM »

Important to note that 23% of likely voters won't vote. Only 8% undecided
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:52:06 AM »

That's why the jungle primary is so terrible. For the Republicans, and there are a few millions in CA, there is no real choice. Feinstein is more to the center, but she's not a Republican by any means. So, a lot of GOPers struggle who to vote for. My neighbor is a Republican, he will abstain from voting in the senate race while his wife will cast a protest vote for DeLeon. Dem versus Dem GE races are uninspiring and not good for democracy. Hope we have a another ballot initiative soon to go back to partisan primaries.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 02:09:52 AM »

So why are they "likely voters" then ?

They are "likely" to vote in other races, but not this.

In this race it makes sense to use only the declared voters, where Feinstein is ahead 58-42 or 52-38-10 with undecideds.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 02:20:08 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2018, 02:23:50 AM by RFA09 »

That's why the jungle primary is so terrible. For the Republicans, and there are a few millions in CA, there is no real choice. Feinstein is more to the center, but she's not a Republican by any means. So, a lot of GOPers struggle who to vote for. My neighbor is a Republican, he will abstain from voting in the senate race while his wife will cast a protest vote for DeLeon. Dem versus Dem GE races are uninspiring and not good for democracy. Hope we have a another ballot initiative soon to go back to partisan primaries.

You couldn't be more wrong. A Democrat that is guaranteed to win versus a Republican with no chance to win is not a real choice. The new system allows "safe" seats to have a real choice come November. It's really no different than, for example, Hahn vs. Villaraigosa for LA mayor. In 2001, Hahn came in second but won the election by building a broader coalition. Villaraigosa came back in 2005 and defeated Hahn. Your system would allow 30% of the population to determine the winner in 2001 even though the overall majority supported someone else.

IRV would be better, but in lieu of that, at least make people try to earn their power rather than being anointed. This is California's second attempt at a jungle style primary. We also have an independent redistricting commission. California should embrace it's progressive values. Trying to emulate the hyperpartisan anti-democracy attitudes of the modern Republicans is not the answer.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain"
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »

So why are they "likely voters" then ?

They are "likely" to vote in other races, but not this.

In this race it makes sense to use only the declared voters, where Feinstein is ahead 58-42 or 52-38-10 with undecideds.

A lot of those voters are apparently voting in the Gubernatorial race, but skipping the Senatorial. I do think that it’s rediculous how they did this though.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »

I swear, if De Leon wins because of R protest votes, then 2018 will be the best election I will have ever witnessed.
Very Legal & Very Cool
RFA09

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 08:47:49 AM »

I swear, if De Leon wins because of R protest votes, then 2018 will be the best election I will have ever witnessed.

I feel like Kevin de Leon could show up with a ghost gun and insert a 30 caliber clip or even a 30 magazine clip, and massacre all the Republicans, and still lose.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 09:42:40 AM »

They had a real choice – in the primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 01:20:31 PM »

Feinstein and Newsom aren't the best choices, given today's politics, Dems aren't gonna leave the races as protest, they will come home at least for Newsom
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »

There is no constitutional or democratic right to have a choice of a candidate of a particular party.  There is nothing about inspiration in the constitution. Furthermore even in D vs R elections there are people who won't vote for either choice so there is no election system everyone is going to be pleased with.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 11:33:56 PM »

There is no constitutional or democratic right to have a choice of a candidate of a particular party.  There is nothing about inspiration in the constitution. Furthermore even in D vs R elections there are people who won't vote for either choice so there is no election system everyone is going to be pleased with.

This.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 07:38:47 PM »

That convoluted Republican rhetoric about her leaking documents about Ford must be working!
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:35 PM »

As a Republican I would not vote for either of these two characters.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies