WV Sen Poll Morrisey tied with Manchin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  WV Sen Poll Morrisey tied with Manchin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: WV Sen Poll Morrisey tied with Manchin  (Read 5022 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2018, 11:50:39 PM »

That was before Obama was re-elected and a majority of West Virginians began to view all Democrats as irredeemable members of an anti-white hate group. Ask Natalie Tennant and Nick Rahall about it.

Obama and Manchin won re-election on the same day and on the same ballot.

Yes, exactly. At the time they cast those votes for Manchin, Obama had not been re-elected yet. The vast majority of Republicans/conservatives also thought Romney would win.

That is true, but if Obama were that unpopular by 2012, why didn't the effect of this seep out to other races within West Virginia?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2018, 11:56:50 PM »

Anyway, I like how Atlas will take a GOP internal poll at face value when it suits their preferred narrative about Weak Candidate Coastal Elitist Donna Shalala in a Clinton +20 district, but dismiss one when it goes against their #populist Purple heart hero Joe Manchin in a Trump +50 state.

I, for one, think GOP internals in general are crap.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2018, 12:14:40 AM »

That was before Obama was re-elected and a majority of West Virginians began to view all Democrats as irredeemable members of an anti-white hate group. Ask Natalie Tennant and Nick Rahall about it.

Yes, exactly. At the time they cast those votes for Manchin, Obama had not been re-elected yet. The vast majority of Republicans/conservatives also thought Romney would win.

That is true, but if Obama were that unpopular by 2012, why didn't the effect of this seep out to other races within West Virginia?

Obama was very unpopular in West Virginia, but his initial election was seen as a fluke that would be rectified in 2012. It was only once he was re-elected that Racist WV Hicks began to see the entire Democratic Party as an anti-white hate group.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2018, 12:21:28 AM »

Obama was very unpopular in West Virginia, but his initial election was seen as a fluke that would be rectified in 2012. It was only once he was re-elected that Racist WV Hicks began to see the entire Democratic Party as an anti-white hate group.

But how does that explain West Virginia's turn to the Republicans in 2000? They began voting Republican in presidential elections several years before Obama's first election. I do agree though, that Obama's Presidency accelerated the state's turn into a Safe Republican stronghold.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »

The polls in WV aren't reliable, they should GOP gaining on Justice and he won anyways, this WVa race was always competitive, but he Manchin goes down, it will be a GOP state for good
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »

I...I don't even know what's going on in here anymore
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »

I...I don't even know what's going on in here anymore

Atlas is overreacting to an internal. In other words, it's business as usual around here.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »

Bottom Line: GOP Voters around the Country just started getting engaged in these Races.

Remember: Before Comey made the Announcement to reopen Hillarys eMail crap, Indiana was tied on the Presidential Level in 2016. After that Trump started being more focused, stayed on message and for the first time thought he may actually could win this thing.

IN got called at Poll Closing.

If the Senate confirms Kavernaugh I feel it could have the same kind of rallying-effect like the Comey letter had in 2016 in the POTUS Race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »

The compromise with Heidi, Collins, Murkowski and Flake and the blowup from Trump should help Manchin win over Morrisey
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2018, 04:46:10 PM »

Bottom Line: GOP Voters around the Country just started getting engaged in these Races.

Remember: Before Comey made the Announcement to reopen Hillarys eMail crap, Indiana was tied on the Presidential Level in 2016. After that Trump started being more focused, stayed on message and for the first time thought he may actually could win this thing.

IN got called at Poll Closing.

If the Senate confirms Kavernaugh I feel it could have the same kind of rallying-effect like the Comey letter had in 2016 in the POTUS Race.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/in/indiana_trump_vs_clinton-5878.html
Indiana was never tied. You're just making bullsh**t up.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »

LOL at this entire thread.

Manchin is favored, and if he votes for Kavanaugh, he is essentially safe.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »

I think the Democrat Party’s stand on coal and environmental issues is the cause in West Virginia not race.  I think religious issues play a greater part than race.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies