ND DFM Research: Heitkamp +18 in East Cities (Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:06:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND DFM Research: Heitkamp +18 in East Cities (Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ND DFM Research: Heitkamp +18 in East Cities (Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks)  (Read 1865 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:09:48 PM »

Both this and Cramer leading by 10 are bs.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »

ND polls are officially worthless.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 09:10:50 PM »

This would make me feel better, but this is North Dakota so I don't trust anything.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 09:10:58 PM »

Well yeah, of course. If Heitkamp wasn't doing well in Fargo and Grand Forks she'd be on her way to a 20+ point Blanching. But if the rest of the state is swinging R, it's not like it would be unlikely for Cramer to have a decent sized lead.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 09:13:31 PM »

How many more of these polls of specific regions/demographics are we going to get?
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »

stop this
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 09:15:19 PM »

Both this and Cramer leading by 10 are bs.

DFM got ND-SEN right in 2012, but go off.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »

My mind model is so confused now
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 09:27:58 PM »

ND has had a lot of deplorables flooding in due to the fracking boom in west ND. It may turn into Wyoming.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 09:32:17 PM »

How many more of these polls of specific regions/demographics are we going to get?

Yeah, these are useless. That said, Heitkamp doing well in Frago and Grand Forks is hardly surprising.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »

This is literally just the cities of Fargo, West Fargo, and Grand Forks, not even rural Cass or GF Counties.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »

What does Heidi need to get in these areas to win?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 10:17:12 PM »

The conventional wisdom is that Western ND is going to swing R (though how strongly is an open question) with Eastern ND either staying the same (which would lead to a Cramer win) or swing D (the extent of which could determine whether Heitkamp has a chance or not.) If these areas are swinging slightly D from 2012, my guess would be that's not enough for Heitkamp to hold on. But this person could very well be taking issue with the fact that Cramer +10 is too high and thinking the Cramer +4/5 polls were more reasonable.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »

Well, if she barely won with 14% in 2012, I'd say 15% this time, due to growth in the Western part of the state. Fargo has grown, too, so an additonial one point is probably appropriate.

An interactive precinct map of the 2012 ND Senate race is available on my website here:
https://www.thecinyc.com/2012-nd-senate-ge

(or here, if you're on a mobile device: https://www.thecinyc.com/nd-sen-ge-2012)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 10:20:17 PM »

This is literally just the cities of Fargo, West Fargo, and Grand Forks, not even rural Cass or GF Counties.

Really? If that’s the case (I’m not sure?), it’s not that bad for Rs.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 10:21:24 PM »

Well, if she barely won with 14% in 2012, I'd say 15% this time, due to growth in the Western part of the state. Fargo has grown, too, so an additonial one point is probably appropriate.

An interactive precinct map of the 2012 ND Senate race is available on my website here:

(or here, if you're on a mobile device: https://www.thecinyc.com/nd-sen-ge-2012)

Oh, cool. Thanks for the link. I presume that's your site? Looks data rich!

So to the degree that which we can extrapolate these numbers, this is probably good news for her?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »

Really? If that’s the case (I’m not sure?), it’s not that bad for Rs.

Here: https://twitter.com/DFMresearch/status/1046951189886193664
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 10:28:07 PM »

He also posted his other numbers:

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 10:30:26 PM »

So to the degree that which we can extrapolate these numbers, this is probably good news for her?

Yes, it's my site.

Hard to say. If all else remains the same in the state, yes, it's good news for Heitkamp. But if Western North Dakota, which has rapidly grown since 2012, tilts even more R than in 2012, even D+17 might not be enough.

The only thing I can definitively say is that assuming the pollster is correct that the areas polled were D+14 last time, it's not consistent with a double-digit Heitkamp loss.

The fact that the (presumably D internal) pollster keeps on releasing favorable regional crosstabs instead of the topline should tell us that Heitkamp is behind statewide by something.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 10:37:12 PM »

Yes, it's my site.

Hard to say. If all else remains the same in the state, yes, it's good news for Heitkamp. But if Western North Dakota, which has rapidly grown since 2012, tilts even more R than in 2012, even D+17 might not be enough.

The only thing I can definitively say is that assuming the pollster is correct that the areas polled were D+14 last time, it's not consistent with a double-digit Heitkamp loss.

The fact that the (presumably D internal) pollster keeps on releasing favorable regional crosstabs instead of the topline should tell us that Heitkamp is behind statewide by something.

Thanks!

Statistically speaking, losing a bunch of incumbents this cycle was be highly unusual for the out party in a midterm wave, but holding every single seat and picking up seats too would also be somewhat even if less unusual. Heitkamp could very well be one of if not the only incumbent that Democrats lose. Still though, it would be nice if we could get some more polls (of the entire state).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »

Yes, it's my site.

Yeah, like I said above, most likely this person does think Cramer is leading but that +10 is too high. I doubt they would've gone on a Tweeting spree if it was another Cramer +4 poll.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 11:04:15 PM »

Yes, it's my site.

Huh...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 11:40:39 PM »

Yes, it's my site.

Thanks!

Statistically speaking, losing a bunch of incumbents this cycle was be highly unusual for the out party in a midterm wave, but holding every single seat and picking up seats too would also be somewhat even if less unusual. Heitkamp could very well be one of if not the only incumbent that Democrats lose. Still though, it would be nice if we could get some more polls (of the entire state).

How?  The GOP gained nothing in 2006, and Dems gained nothing in 2010 and 2014?  If anything these days, the out-party losing a seat to the in-party is the unusual thing.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 12:01:24 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies