FL-GOV: Gillum + 1 (Mason-Dixon) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:14:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-GOV: Gillum + 1 (Mason-Dixon) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-GOV: Gillum + 1 (Mason-Dixon)  (Read 3413 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: October 02, 2018, 08:09:01 PM »

[...]

Mason-Dixon Polling Director Brad Coker said typically more GOP Voters Vote in Midterms than D's.

That's suggesting to me that all the other Polls who had Gillum between 3-6 Points have been oversampling Democrats.

Not necessarily. Rasmussen's poll that showed Gillum+6 had a 35R - 31D sample. That's just one example too.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »

Why does Florida always have to be so weird. Nelson finally starts pulling ahead, yet Gillum ends up in a tighter race. I don't know if I buy it. But then again, this is Florida that we're talking about.

I'm not entirely sure it's actually tightening. We haven't had a Mason-Dixon poll of this race yet, so there is nothing to compare to it. And the St Pete poll we had today - like I posted, there was no substantial change from their last poll. It went down 1 point, which is hardly anything.

Meanwhile, PPP polled this in late August and got D+5, and now it's D+4. Cherry Communications had D+4 in early September and that expanded to D+6 a week ago. If anything, the race hasn't really changed. It's just gotten some new polls that may overestimate Republicans a bit. I would wait for some of the better-quality pollsters who already recently polled the race (like Marist) to release more polls before drawing conclusions.

(or maybe it has changed, but it's impossible to know that for sure right now)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies