ND - Cramer +12 (FOX) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:19:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  ND - Cramer +12 (FOX) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ND - Cramer +12 (FOX)  (Read 10992 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: October 03, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »

Heitkamp is done if she OPPOSES Kavernaugh just as I predicted last week...

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:16:57 PM »

Lean R at this point, despite ND polls being difficult, at some point you have to give weight to the fact that every single poll has Cramer up, and now sometimes by double digits.
Yeah.

Lean R with an iffy degree of confidence, but polls are polls.

Kavernaugh does seem to have a HUGE IMPACT on that Race. Less so in Indiana (Donnelly) and Missouri (McCaskill).

And I bet Tester is going to collapse as well in Montana if he votes against him.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »

But Atlas told me Cramer was finished because of his "Akin comments." LOL.

This one's over, as is the battle for control of the Senate. The Democratic Party's utter incompetence and supreme ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory never ceases to amaze me. They just HAD to give the GOP a rallying cry with their stupid Kavanaugh posturing, didn't they?

I do actually think if Democrats had let it go and stopped these consistent calls for Investigations they would have fared better.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

That being said, this case with Kavanaugh is particularly sinister, as it not only involves one side trying to delay his confirmation but also involves, quite literally, the ruining of his life and that of his family with no substantiated evidence.

I mean, unless you think Democrats recruited Ford to accuse Kavanaugh, it's not really fair to put it all on them. It's not our fault you guys picked someone with a history of heavy drinking and partying in HS/college who seemed to engage in questionable behavior with women.

And as dismayed as Republicans may be, there is an equally-if-not-bigger group of Democrats who for the life of them can't understand why you guys are clinging to Kavanaugh as if he's the only possible judge for the job, and would risk undermining the public's trust and confidence in the Supreme Court instead of just picking someone else and ramming through their confirmation before January. To me at least, it shows a stunning level of recklessness, which unfortunately isn't exactly new for the GOP, who have been undermining confidence in our elections almost every cycle, with fake claims of fraud, particularly in close elections (re: North Carolina).

It's nice that you don't agree with your party, truly, but the same can't be said for the vast majority of your partisan compatriots.

You better read what Hugh Hewitt tweeted half an hour ago. That he thinks the GOP will collapse if they don't get Kavernaugh through and I'm with him on that. There is a HUGE Difference clinging onto the Senate (which I think they will if he's confirmed) and losing 30 House Seats instead of 60+.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 06:10:00 PM »

I actually wholly agree with you on this issue. The current (and relatively newfound) partisan rancor surrounding Supreme Court nominations is frankly disgusting, and BOTH sides  of the senate refuse to act as a mature, unified body determined to assess the qualifications of nominees.

That being said, this case with Kavanaugh is particularly sinister, as it not only involves one side trying to delay his confirmation but also involves, quite literally, the ruining of his life and that of his family with no substantiated evidence.

I mean, unless you think Democrats recruited Ford to accuse Kavanaugh, it's not really fair to put it all on them. It's not our fault you guys picked someone with a history of heavy drinking and partying in HS/college who seemed to engage in questionable behavior with women.

And as dismayed as Republicans may be, there is an equally-if-not-bigger group of Democrats who for the life of them can't understand why you guys are clinging to Kavanaugh as if he's the only possible judge for the job, and would risk undermining the public's trust and confidence in the Supreme Court instead of just picking someone else and ramming through their confirmation before January. To me at least, it shows a stunning level of recklessness, which unfortunately isn't exactly new for the GOP, who have been undermining confidence in our elections almost every cycle, with fake claims of fraud, particularly in close elections (re: North Carolina).

It's nice that you don't agree with your party, truly, but the same can't be said for the vast majority of your partisan compatriots.

The reason I, and nearly all Republicans, both politicians and regular citizens, are so vehemently in favor of Kavanaugh's confirmation is that if his nomination is withdrawn, it sends a message that any future Supreme Court nominee (or really any official) can be taken down and have their lives ruined by unsubstantiated claims. That would be a travesty for justice, the rule of law, our politics, and would only encourage more of this* in the future.

* - A political side using unsubstantiated allegations as a political weapon to sink an otherwise supremely qualified person. I'm not saying that Ford may not have been, at some point, a victim of sexual assault.

I'm very concerned what happens if they don't confirm him so yes I'm with you.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 07:01:10 PM »

If she votes against Kavanaugh, it will help her.

It'll at least give the Democrats in that state something to vote for.

She needs Republican Crossover Voters to pull this off in this State.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »

64% of likely voters approve of Donald Trump? Sounds a little off to me. 

This is North Dakota we're talking about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies