Is Heitkamp Really DOA In The Election This Time? 2018 GE Edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:41:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Heitkamp Really DOA In The Election This Time? 2018 GE Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Is Heitkamp Really DOA This Time In This Election? 2018 GE Edition
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is Heitkamp Really DOA In The Election This Time? 2018 GE Edition  (Read 4667 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »

She is done unless Cramer makes a huge mistake. TV buys aren't going to change anything and I don't think she can really do anything either.

Thoughts on the margin?

I don't quite buy the double digit leads but Cramer is on very solid ground..probably up 5-6%.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2018, 12:33:15 AM »

I wouldn't put much stock in the polls that are taken right now during the Kavanaugh confirmation vote. Better wait until he gets confirmed by the Senate and another 2 or 3 weeks and then we can see if this had led to increased R + D momentum, which is likely, and who the important Independents will side with.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »

She isn’t completely DOA, but she’s in an even worse position than Heller, which is sayin something.

I agree. Heitkamp still has a chance of winning, but it is definitely less than 50% at this point. Probably around 30% or 40%, taking the national environment into account. If only one incumbent Democrat loses in 2018, it will be her. McCaskill and Donnelly aren't completely out of the danger zone yet however, but their odds of winning are higher than Heitkamp's.

Heitkamp will probably lose by mid single digits, ~4-6% or so. Her loss will complete North Dakota's realignment into a solidly Republican state at all levels. Democrats, I believe, are done for in most of the Mountain West, and will be for decades to come.
History505
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2018, 11:39:03 AM »

She isn’t completely DOA, but she’s in an even worse position than Heller, which is sayin something.

I agree. Heitkamp still has a chance of winning, but it is definitely less than 50% at this point. Probably around 30% or 40%, taking the national environment into account. If only one incumbent Democrat loses in 2018, it will be her. McCaskill and Donnelly aren't completely out of the danger zone yet however, but their odds of winning are higher than Heitkamp's.

Heitkamp will probably lose by mid single digits, ~4-6% or so. Her loss will complete North Dakota's realignment into a solidly Republican state at all levels. Democrats, I believe, are done for in most of the Mountain West, and will be for decades to come.
"For decades to come". A little absurd I think.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2018, 11:45:59 AM »

She is done unless Cramer makes a huge mistake. TV buys aren't going to change anything and I don't think she can really do anything either.

Thoughts on the margin?

I don't quite buy the double digit leads but Cramer is on very solid ground..probably up 5-6%.

This is my thinking too.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2018, 12:06:00 PM »

In what way? Do you think that these states are going to shift back to the Democrats soon? Because that's not what I am seeing happen.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »

In what way? Do you think that these states are going to shift back to the Democrats soon? Because that's not what I am seeing happen.

I could see one of the Mountain West states possibly become the next Colorado, but I don't know which one or when.

Since when is North Dakota a Mountain West state though?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »

She's certainly in trouble, but Democrats still have a better chance in ND than TX or TN.
SCNCmod

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »

I'm not sure I agree regarding Tx (I think Beto & Heitkamp are pretty even).  But I definitely disagree regarding TN. ... TN has a Far better chance of going Dem compared to TX & ND (A very loved 2 term Governor vs a House member that even some Republicans think may be too out there to be a Senator).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »

I'm starting to now think that she might be.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »

Shes in trouble, but not out.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »

Looking like the answer is yes. Unless we get some polls showing the race tightening considerably, might be time to write her off. She was down in the polls in 2012, but never by this much.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »

She is OUT. Give up! and look to TN & TX.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »

I agree, Democrats now have a better chance of picking up Tennessee and Texas than holding on to North Dakota. I realize its just one poll (and a bit Republican friendly poll at that) but it confirms what many have suspected about this race for weeks now, and that is Heitkamp is too underwater to pull it off outside of a huge gaffe or scandal on the part of Cramer.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2018, 12:47:08 PM »

I agree, Democrats now have a better chance of picking up Tennessee and Texas than holding on to North Dakota. I realize its just one poll (and a bit Republican friendly poll at that) but it confirms what many have suspected about this race for weeks now, and that is Heitkamp is too underwater to pull it off outside of a huge gaffe or scandal on the part of Cramer.

Cramer has already had some Aikenesque gaffs about rape. I'm thinking we would have to be looking at Roy Moore level scandal for Hedi to have a chance.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2018, 12:48:54 PM »

It's time to let go, guys.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2018, 01:32:10 PM »

All the Plain States like SD, NE, WY have two GOP Senators. It's time that ND votes what is IMO long overdue. TBH, I was surprised that the likes of Dorgan, Conrad and Pomeroy could hang on for so long in ND between 2000-2010.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2018, 01:49:32 PM »

There’s no waving away that last poll showing her down 16 points.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »

Well, didn't she have to apologized to some Women after Kavanaugh? I think that was the Final Nail in the coffin for her. What do you think?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »

Well, didn't she have to apologized to some Women after Kavanaugh? I think that was the Final Nail in the coffin for her. What do you think?

I think the partisan lean and popularity of Trump is too great for her to overcome. Her Kavanaugh vote couldn’t help her either way, it was a lose/lose so she was right to vote her conscience and integrity.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »

Heitkamp is toast. She has about as good of a chance of winning as Espy at this point.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2018, 02:23:33 PM »

Yes, Berg should of won last time, she only won in an upset, but Dems can still win TN,AZ, and NV to take Senate.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »

"A NO vote on Kavanaugh actually helps Heitkamp since it boosts Democratic turnout/enthusiasm/donations and is a great opportunity for her to demonstrate authenticity. Now she at least has a fighting chance, especially if Republicans stay home because they think they have it in the bag after seeing those polls on US Election Atlas Dot Org."
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »

Only atlas would skew this poll 60/40.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2018, 06:31:25 PM »

I think the partisan lean and popularity of Trump is too great for her to overcome. Her Kavanaugh vote couldn’t help her either way, it was a lose/lose so she was right to vote her conscience and integrity.
Or she wanted to remain in the good graces of her democratic colleagues so she can score a lobbying or CNN gig after she leaves office
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies