Is Heitkamp Really DOA In The Election This Time? 2018 GE Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:48:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Heitkamp Really DOA In The Election This Time? 2018 GE Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Heitkamp Really DOA This Time In This Election? 2018 GE Edition
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is Heitkamp Really DOA In The Election This Time? 2018 GE Edition  (Read 4683 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:04:58 PM »

I wouldn't say she's DOA just yet, but it certainly doesn't look good for her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:51:26 AM »

The double standards here are pretty amusing. You'd all laugh at anyone who thought a Republican consistently behind by double digits in a deep blue state could still win, and for good reason.

To be fair, I didn't move IL-GOV to Safe D as soon as we had two polls showing Rauner down by double digits. And Rauner is much more unpopular than Heitkamp. Once we had several polls showing him way down, then it became pretty clear that he didn't have a prayer of a chance. Plus, Heitkamp's deficit seems to be a very sudden change, and I'm only waiting to make sure it will last before completely writing her off. As I said, though, it certainly doesn't look good for her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »

If there were any justice left in this country, Heitkamp would win and Manchin would lose, but the Kavanaugh spectacle makes it crystal clear that there is no justice in this country.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »

Looking like the answer is yes. Unless we get some polls showing the race tightening considerably, might be time to write her off. She was down in the polls in 2012, but never by this much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies