Lord of the Crossing: a new kind of ASOAIF game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:40:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lord of the Crossing: a new kind of ASOAIF game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Lord of the Crossing: a new kind of ASOAIF game  (Read 5755 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2018, 01:32:23 PM »

I kind of doubt Bloodborn's longevity, so he'd be a good one to pick up I think.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2018, 04:34:31 AM »

I think a Bloodborn would be excellent - and I'm less pessimistic about his longevity myself, he has surprisingly handy connections and huge plot potential.

I'm coming round to NPCing Annara, though I think it would require a little plot finesse to explain her grasp of the regency over Stevron. Perfectly doable though

In that case we have four players and I will restart if we recruit two more (including Emma returning).
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 01:51:02 AM »

We should just continue with what we have. Either that or call it dead so i can stop getting my hopes up everyday :/
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 06:43:32 AM »

Noted - and I think that's the consensus among you four remaining players. I will try a big recruitment drive for next turn, but we can handle a small intense second turn and I'll have it up and running as soon as I can!!
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »

Good thing the game will continue, it is always sad when ASOIAF games do not last long.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2018, 08:56:45 AM »

Writing new turn crises - maybe it's a mercy there are only four of you for now as they make the last batch look skinny and sketchy!!!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2018, 10:45:16 AM »

Crises up - let turn II begin with me NPCing Annara. We'll aim to conclude it in roughly a week (heh, heh)...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2018, 05:31:45 AM »

A major correction! Hag's Mire is south not north of the Twins. Which actually makes everything a lot more interesting in terms of folk racing upon it I think. Will just make sure that error is consistently righted...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2018, 12:18:39 AM »

Indeed...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2018, 05:49:43 AM »

I have extensive orders from all but one player, and expect the rest of you are keen to see how things turn out - as I would rather not have us go down from four to three players, I'll extend the turn to Wednesday but then definitely end then, with an update by Friday.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »

Working on my orders Smiley
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2018, 05:38:15 AM »

I did say the turn would close yesterday and I would like to get down to calculating, PoVs and write-up, but as with last time I will accept and incorporate last minute orders that reach me today, ideally before 1 pm GMT...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 06:35:24 AM »

OK, while there's a chance things could change depending on last minute orders and ensuing changes to calculations, currently the likely PoVs are -

In the Riverlands, Ser Cleos Frey

At the Twins, Fair Walda Frey

In the capital, Septon Raynard
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2018, 05:15:44 AM »

Just to be clear, turn II now over and too late for any further orders. I will aim to write up as many of the PoVs as possible today; then full results write-up Monday and new turn crises as quick as possible after that!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »

Just to be clear, turn II now over and too late for any further orders. I will aim to write up as many of the PoVs as possible today; then full results write-up Monday and new turn crises as quick as possible after that!

!??!

I never got word from Senor Rivers lol!

Oh well at least I got the important stuff done I guess...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »

Ah, I see, I thought that last order required a calculation rather than a response - worry not, it is factored in.

Not sure how much progress I'm going to manage with PoVs today but still hoping for best!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »

I rather fear that Ser Jared may be the only force left to threaten the Bloodborn... Strange that the best warriors of the Frey should fall like that.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »

Crises up and turn open. As ever new players welcome - happy to add them this turn. I think Ser Aenys's line would be a particularly interesting faction given their relationship with Bloodborn.

Annara is still in charge and NPCed by me for now...Black Walder will soon be playable again (unless anything befalls him in the meantime) but not quite yet.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2018, 04:38:13 AM »

Things are more full on at weekends for me so I'll answer further queries on Monday! Planning to end turn roughly Wednesday.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2018, 10:01:54 PM »

I don't really see how Black Walder was eliminated from the succession...At least not without a trial or something. His only proven crime was punching his brother in the nose Wink
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2018, 07:11:32 AM »

The workings of disinheritance are left deliberately vague by Martin, but I decided that a father could definitely disinherit his son as a private matter - though whether that decision will be respected after his death is less certain. Things are further muddied at the moment by Black Walder's flight with no oath sworn or paper signed as yet. But I thought Lord Walder and Stevron would have agreed to the principle in the circumstances, with Annara, for all her own fondness for Walder, perhaps not fully trusting him as a lord to protect her children either. Basically everything remains to play for.

As I've been delayed in answering queries this week, I'll extend the turn till Friday 21st. Xmas then kicks in so I'm afraid I won't be likely to be able to update until the New Year.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2018, 02:54:10 PM »

The workings of disinheritance are left deliberately vague by Martin, but I decided that a father could definitely disinherit his son as a private matter - though whether that decision will be respected after his death is less certain. Things are further muddied at the moment by Black Walder's flight with no oath sworn or paper signed as yet. But I thought Lord Walder and Stevron would have agreed to the principle in the circumstances, with Annara, for all her own fondness for Walder, perhaps not fully trusting him as a lord to protect her children either. Basically everything remains to play for.

As I've been delayed in answering queries this week, I'll extend the turn till Friday 21st. Xmas then kicks in so I'm afraid I won't be likely to be able to update until the New Year.

I'm going to have to travel this Sunday to spend Christmas with my relatives and I should only return on Wednesday next week, so I can wait for the Report in the aftermath of New Year quietly.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »

Added another, I hope helpful, troop update!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2018, 06:48:20 AM »

As I won't be able to update for a while, on second thoughts I'll extend the turn over the Christmas period, allowing for any more orders and ideas and perhaps some recruitment too. We can make it a longer turn IC as well, perhaps a period of some three months.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2018, 05:20:54 AM »

I still only have convincingly complete orders from one player, with a serious shortage of military moves in particular. Help me out here over the next few days and I'll try to deliver PoVs and write up early-to-mid next week! Serious recruitment drive also under way for what I hope might be a more populous next turn (especially given that virtually all current players are (as ever) in mortal peril)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies