Lord of the Crossing: a new kind of ASOAIF game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:13:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lord of the Crossing: a new kind of ASOAIF game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Lord of the Crossing: a new kind of ASOAIF game  (Read 5824 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 07:34:46 AM »

Your message box should be at the top right of the Atlas page. Then you can send messages to members by entering their username - and there's a member search function to help you find them if you're stuck. Add me on BCC: !

More pics, map and secret info for, I have decided, EVERYONE individually coming up ASAP
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 08:33:09 AM »

Pix and map all added, PMing players with secret info now!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 09:12:20 AM »

Secret info sent - let the plotting begin in earnest!
Metis
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »

Sorry, but how I'm going to sending messages (PMs) to other people on this site ?, I'm having a hard time understanding how this works here.

I think you have to submit a certain number of posts on this site before you can send PMs. Either ten or twenty as I recall. Any thread should work. After that PMs shouldn't be a pronblem.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »

Sorry, but how I'm going to sending messages (PMs) to other people on this site ?, I'm having a hard time understanding how this works here.

I think you have to submit a certain number of posts on this site before you can send PMs. Either ten or twenty as I recall. Any thread should work. After that PMs shouldn't be a pronblem.

This makes sense, since I do not seem to have the mechanism to send or reply to PMs for now, but this is kind of complicated and for now I'm just participating in a game ..... is there any thread where I can keep posting messages for tests or something like that ?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2018, 05:07:41 AM »

I'd be happy for you to get up to your required post count with test posts on this thread unless there is any rule against it - perhaps Lumine can let us know?
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »

I'd be happy for you to get up to your required post count with test posts on this thread unless there is any rule against it - perhaps Lumine can let us know?

I thank you immensely for this, again I'm sorry for not knowing about the need to have 20 posts, I was so excited to participate in a game here that I did not even notice that there could be something like that lol.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »

Been a busy week but I have some ideas for my turn. What's our deadline looking like?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »

I had suggested ending the turn next Tuesday but I'm happy to extend by another week to give things time to hot up a bit.

King Saul, another option to help your post count is to make at least one public post IC on the game thread - and indeed everyone is heartily encouraged to do likewise! The noisier the better...

In the meantime I'll also PM you my e-mail so you can send me any preliminary orders and questions before the send function opens up for you.

I'm still happy for any new players to join as Ser Aenys Frey, Aegon Bloodborn, Ser Hosteen Frey, Ser Danwell Frey, Ser Perwyn Frey, Lady Annara Frey or Bastard Walder - I will add such players to this turn if it seems doable, otherwise to the next one...
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2018, 03:22:13 PM »

I had suggested ending the turn next Tuesday but I'm happy to extend by another week to give things time to hot up a bit.

King Saul, another option to help your post count is to make at least one public post IC on the game thread - and indeed everyone is heartily encouraged to do likewise! The noisier the better...

In the meantime I'll also PM you my e-mail so you can send me any preliminary orders and questions before the send function opens up for you.

I'm still happy for any new players to join as Ser Aenys Frey, Aegon Bloodborn, Ser Hosteen Frey, Ser Danwell Frey, Ser Perwyn Frey, Lady Annara Frey or Bastard Walder - I will add such players to this turn if it seems doable, otherwise to the next one...

Sounds like a good idea, I'll think of something to post on IC in the game thread.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2018, 06:41:52 AM »

A small public post up partly to give King Saul an opportunity to activate his PM account as well as more stuff to chew on, partly a few rumours addressed to you all too!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 10:58:47 PM »

I'm about halfway through my RP post, whats the turn end looking like?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 01:31:16 AM »

Something like next Tues
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 08:29:44 AM »

Since Lothar's player is currently, I think, inactive, I thought I would make a small plot point of it to liven things up for the rest of you! The opportunity to be acting Steward of the Twins yawns open...

But if JacksonHitchcock wishes to return or another player would like to take Lothar up, I can easily make him recover...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 05:58:54 AM »

I'm extending our deadline to Friday as our Stevron has only been recently got the ability to send and receive PMs, I'm aware our Symond is back from a holiday and I have hopes of the Lothar situation possibly resolving (though I hope my recent plot development means we can live with an inactive Steward for now).

Get plotting and remember to include me in PMs! While Lothar lies on his sickbed a perfect opportunity arises to steal his duties.

New players still welcome as always, though unless someone wants to take Lothar I'll probably just add new Freys next turn.

The turn resolution will be preceded by some moderator PoVs in ASOAIF game tradition...the number and identity of these depends on your final orders.

I've received detailed orders from two players and sketchier ones from another, make sure at least some reach me by Friday!

Happy scheming
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »

I'm declaring this overlong first turn over as this afternoon / early evening is the only time I'll be able to commit to writing up properly until Wednesday (ish, always ish!)

I have at least some idea and in the best cases a detailed one of what you're all up to, with the exception of Lothar - I am assuming accordingly JacksonHitchcock has left this game and Lothar and the Blackwood Freys are open for a new player.

Other open parts remain -

Ser Aenys Frey of the Wylde Freys
Aegon Bloodborn and the Outlaws
Ser Hosteen Frey and the Greater Crakehall Freys
Ser Danwell Frey (or Merrett and Lady Mariya Frey) of the Lesser Crakehall Freys
Ser Perwyn Frey of the Rosby Freys
Lady Annara Frey of the Lady's, or Farring, Freys
Ser Walder Rivers, called Bastard Walder, and the Frey Bastards

Several of you have included me in PMs but not given me formal orders. While I can work with this it is a bit of a headache. I will accept and incorporate last minute orders until seven o' clock tonight, British time (it's not quite GMT but everyone in my country is now too lazy and confused to communicate properly with foreigners any more, soz). Remember that in this game I will actually reward detail and commitment with more favourable results!

Finally, three PoVs coming asap -

At the Twins, Aegon 'Jinglebell' Frey
In the Riverlands, Ravella Smallwood, Lady of Acorn Hall, formerly of House Swann
And last but by no definition least, at King's Landing Grand Maester Pycelle...

Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 08:48:35 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2018, 09:04:28 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Addendum - Lothar player no longer open nor needed - IC announcement following rapidly!!

Any new player, however, wishing to take the Blackwood Freys can play as their new head Ser Jammos Frey.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 09:02:44 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2018, 09:42:47 AM by Garlan Gunter »

All results calculated - one further, non-fatal but for now unavoidable game over will emerge in the PoVs!

Further note: calculating results is very quick so if I receive fresh last minute orders before 7 o' clock I will re-roll / work out whatever they effect. So technically that non-fatal game over could very well still be reprieved. Lothar, however, is gone (lucky future Starks, eh?)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 01:29:42 PM »

PoVs finished and coming up now, no more chance to add last-minute orders, sorry!! Hope you enjoy...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »

Finally got second turn out so you can all see how completely and entertainingly all hells broke loose...

We definitely need to pause and restock before I write up crises for Turn II though.

First things first, Black Walder is obviously incapacitated (though only temporarily, he'll be back healed to at least some extent and angrier than ever). Leonardo, I really hope you rejoin as another character for now.

Second, I'm genuinely unsure whether to NPC mod next turn as bedridden Lord Walder, Lady Annara, or, if King Saul is willing, Ser Stevron, with KS becoming Ser Ryman for now. Or to throw in some other wild card like Lord Tully wading in in person?!

Thirdly, we obviously have a player shortage and while I have really loved writing this up so far, there's little point if no one's interested. Lothar and I think Emmon have gone inactive so we are down to four players even if Leonardo rejoins. I think I will pause at least until we have a cast back to more like half a dozen again.

Player (current or interested) opinions appreciated on all subjects!!

King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »

Finally got second turn out so you can all see how completely and entertainingly all hells broke loose...

We definitely need to pause and restock before I write up crises for Turn II though.

First things first, Black Walder is obviously incapacitated (though only temporarily, he'll be back healed to at least some extent and angrier than ever). Leonardo, I really hope you rejoin as another character for now.

Second, I'm genuinely unsure whether to NPC mod next turn as bedridden Lord Walder, Lady Annara, or, if King Saul is willing, Ser Stevron, with KS becoming Ser Ryman for now. Or to throw in some other wild card like Lord Tully wading in in person?!

Thirdly, we obviously have a player shortage and while I have really loved writing this up so far, there's little point if no one's interested. Lothar and I think Emmon have gone inactive so we are down to four players even if Leonardo rejoins. I think I will pause at least until we have a cast back to more like half a dozen again.

Player (current or interested) opinions appreciated on all subjects!!

If you think it's better for Stevron to be NPC from now on, I play as Ser Ryman with no problem.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2018, 10:55:42 PM »

I think Lady Annara, alongside the bedridden Lord Walder, makes the most sense. Stevron has two of the three next in line after him arrested, and his own position is not one of particular advantage.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2018, 08:12:28 AM »

I'd enjoy writing Lady Frey certainly, and I think it makes more sense for Ser Stevron rather than Ser Ryman to take upcoming crucial player decisions about his family, which makes Ser Stevron as NPC mod tricky

But I am also still considering a Tully intervention, and I don't think we should proceed till we have more players!

By the way Black Walder is not now under arrest, just seriously injured

leonardothered
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »

At least hes probably not castrated lol. Is he injured to the point I can't play a bedridden Black Walder or mayhaps his trusted right hand?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2018, 12:54:33 PM »

It is a groin wound whose ramifications are as yet unknown!

I think BW wouldn't be much fun at this point; his retinue has deserted him and he is bed bound, think Tyrion after Blackwater. If you feel so touchingly loyal to his cause (!!) can I suggest you PC Lady Annara for a bit, one of his distraught and probably vengeful lovers? This would naturally rule her out as a mod-NPC but that's ok.

Other capable warriors with anger management problems who are definitely still playable include Aegon Bloodborn and Bastard Walder, or there's Ser Aenys for a cooler military head - or indeed Ser Hosteen for a hotter one...?!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies