Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:31:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Poll
Question: Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 229

Author Topic: Opinion of NYC Millennial Minority  (Read 13214 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2019, 08:01:27 PM »

The only thing that really bothers me about him is the fact that his acting like he is just so much better than anybody else who does not agree with him when this was a forum meant for civil discussion

Civil discussion doesn’t really exist on this forum, and I don’t believe it has since I joined.
This forum used to be very civil. 2014 was a great year for all of us. Trumps rise coincides with a cognitive decline among Atlas Democrats.

It gave you guys a reason to let your fascism/racism/sexism out, just be honest! As we valiantly did in WWII we need to do it again now to stamp out the rot.

Ironically, if you knew the political beliefs and values of the typical American on the Normandy beach, you'd be calling them a Nazi too.

What? Because some guys born in the 1920's, many of whom were New Dealers, had strong aversions to homosexuality and (mostly) integration? Horsesh**t and a half

Wait... are you saying that those GIs didn't have beliefs that would be abhorrent to the modern left that is attempting to co-opt their image, or are you saying that the modern left would be tolerant of their beliefs nonetheless? Because neither of those things are true.

I'm saying that about 98 + percent of leftists understand that the same way we honor the union troops who defeated slavery and secession even though oh, because it was the 1860s, the vast majority held abhorrent views about blacks - - with the occasional exception hopes like Colonel Robert Shaw - - and the concept of condoning homosexuality was unfathomable, leftists today hardly hold the views of homosexuality and interracial relations against anti-fascist new dealers who were born a hundred years ago.

If You really believe leftists don't honor and Revere the troops who fought fascism, including the Republicans, just because their jaws would have dropped open if one suggested legalizing gay marriage in the 1940s, then you are woefully and grossly misinformed.

Modern progressives have an abysmal track record of judging historical figures by the context that they lived in. Setting that aside though, I was not arguing that leftists don't respect the troops. I was arguing that, if a modern progressive had a political conversation with the average D-Day veteran (without knowing who they were), they'd probably call that person a "fascist." The word "fascist" has gradually been overused to the point that it has become synonymous with "someone who disagrees with me," as MasterJedi demonstrated in this comment chain. If Atlas Republicans (who are generally more moderate than the average Republican IRL) are "fascists" for their beliefs, then the D-Day GIs are "fascists" for theirs. It cuts both ways.

I think if a modern Progressive had a conversation with a 100 some year old D-Day veteran, Damn Few would consider him a fascist. Frankly, outside of some social issues such as abortion, homosexuality, and race relations, their views on government probably wouldn't be that different from the 1940s, and they could have been just as liberal as a progressive Democrat today.

Frankly, I think 98% of such modern progressives, if this D-Day veterans views on Race ore gaze hadn't progressed since the 1940s, and they made it clear during the conversation, the progressives would likely shrug of themselves and think, what are you going to do? The guys over a hundred!

And then say thank you for your service.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. Many World War II veterans had strongly anti-fascist New Deal views at the time, and likewise many of them, all being about a hundred years old or more at this point, obviously have retrograde views about gays and race relations. What's the mystery?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »

I think if a modern Progressive had a conversation with a 100 some year old D-Day veteran, Damn Few would consider him a fascist. Frankly, outside of some social issues such as abortion, homosexuality, and race relations, their views on government probably wouldn't be that different from the 1940s, and they could have been just as liberal as a progressive Democrat today.

Frankly, I think 98% of such modern progressives, if this D-Day veterans views on Race ore gaze hadn't progressed since the 1940s, and they made it clear during the conversation, the progressives would likely shrug of themselves and think, what are you going to do? The guys over a hundred!

And then say thank you for your service.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here. Many World War II veterans had strongly anti-fascist New Deal views at the time, and likewise many of them, all being about a hundred years old or more at this point, obviously have retrograde views about gays and race relations. What's the mystery?

This portion of your post directly contradicts itself. The issues you just listed here are more than enough to anger the typical progressive-- who cares if they're for New Deal policies? Is that really the metric you're setting for whether or not someone should be called a "fascist?" You're seriously telling me that if a Bernie supporter ran into a twentysomething army recruit who was pro-welfare and pro-segregation, they wouldn't focus their attention on the latter point? Heck, if modern leftists are so conciliatory towards those with opposing views, why did someone just invoke D-Day on the previous page and imply that various right-wing posters on this site are Nazis? Your reasoning here lacks any relationship to reality whatsoever.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2019, 05:12:44 PM »

The fact that he is bumping this very thread to ensure we all talk about him is really indicative of his crippling addiction to attention. It's not about Trump or Populism or Identity Politics for this guy: it's about ensuring that all discussion revolves around himself. The closest comparison I can think of in recent years is Libertas, who also insisted on derailing all conversations around his own stylized persona. And of course, Libby was a libertarian turned beniecrat, so it's not like the widespread dislike of NYCMM is purely due to triggered leftists hating free speech.

Wasnt Libertas banned in 2010: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=128848.0

Did he create socks in the future
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies