Hillary Clinton: You cannot be civil with Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton: You cannot be civil with Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: You cannot be civil with Republicans  (Read 6002 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 10, 2018, 05:17:20 PM »

"When you're dealing with an ideological party that is driven by the lust for power, that is funded by corporate interests who want a government that does its bidding, you can be civil but you can't overcome what they intend to do unless you win elections," she told Amanpour.

Which party is she describing again?

No mention of supporting sexual predators, torturing children, fake religion, grossly obvious hypocrisy, or worshipping stupidiy and ignorance... I guess she isn't talking about the GOP.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »

People were literally run down with a car in Charlottesville by a right-winger. Clinton is 100% right in her comments.

If a hardcore left winger ran over someone in my family with his or her car, I wouldn't be dumb enough to extrapolate it to all Democrats.

People were literally run down with a car in Charlottesville by a right-winger. Clinton is 100% right in her comments.

A right-winger who no one important supported.  But Antifa is supported by quite a few people who are part of respectable society.

Your President didn't even condemn the violence properly and extremists feel like he is on their side.

A right-winger who no one important supported.  But Antifa is supported by quite a few people who are part of respectable society.
There are plenty of people who respect the alt-Right and far more than those who support Antifa (who most people don't even know about). Even if you set that aside, Republicans only motivation these days seems to be to do things only to anger their opposition and that's not really legitimate political strategy that helps anyone.

He's "your President" as much as he is mine, your highness.  AKA, he's the President.

Given that he has been in violation of his Oath of Office since the moment he took it, I think there's a very good case that Trump's entire so-called term is illegitimate.  Not that either the fascist GOP establishment nor the (understandably) frightened Democratic establishment are ever going to push it.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 12:38:33 AM »

As if the democrats aren't also controlled by the interests of corporations.

The Democrats are far from ideal for anyone who wants a government that actually serves the public. There are Democratic candidates that I would not vote for, even against Trump. (For example, Cuomo is so corrupt and so far from the left on so many issues that I don't think I could vote for him if he was somehow nominated, even against Trump.) But to blindly imply that they're both equal because they're both victims of regulatory capture is... well, laughably deceitful is the kindest way I can put it.

tldr; See my signature.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »

Your so-called President and partycult leader openly and repeatedly cheers political violence.

What your cult lacks is credibility.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies